No cleanse, just straight to detox phase

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions No cleanse, just straight to detox phase

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  granolamama 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

granolamama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

Hi all

well, I decided not to do the cleanse, because I read some negative things about psyllium husks , for istance that you can get intestinal laceration if you stay on it too long…so…my mind was made up in 2 seconds 🙂 skip!

I have been on the detox phase for 3 days now ( I hope to do 2 weeks), which I just like to call prepping phase, like getting my body ready to accept the treatment phase. I have been chosing to eat only greens, garlic , parsley, chia seeds and lemon juice on day 1, drank a home made veggie broth, and used hymalayan salt. I also used flax oil to put on my raw veggies. On day two, I added brown rice, just a small cup, and egg whites. The rest of the day, just veggies, raw or steamed, just lightly. Today is day 3 and I feel real good, not even hungry. A little tired maybe, but…I decided to take a nap! woah, how nice! I guess, I have the luck right now to be at home and study from home this month, so I can do this. My hubby takes me to the organic store, and we go through the list of foods together. He is a real trooper, with me all the way. I have been so down for so long, so fogged up, low evergy, depressed, and so much water retention. it has not been easy for my husband. He never complained, but I have found myself unbearable at times, so I can only imagine. I am just thankful he stays with me. He never left me. I am so thankful. It motivates me to get healthy for him.
    I LOVE granola :-)….my username Granolamama says it all about me 🙂 . Breakfast is going to be challenging for me.I am gluten intolerant, and need to watch my bloodsugar as my A1C has been over 107 for a while, and I often have panic attacks and high anxiety.
    Veggies in the morning….eurkkkk…no sure…so I hope to find ideas and I have seen the recipe ideas on this forum, it’s real nice you all put some ideas on this site.
    I have bought a wheatgrass powder to add to water and drink….YIKES! I have to say, I will have to train my palet to these new tastes….such as quinoa….it leaves a bit of a taste in the mouth…but I hope to be able to stay on this for a long time….not sure how long before the treatment phase will start, but I’ll keep you posted.

This site is really a blessing for me,…it makes me feel less alone.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Quote: “I decided not to do the cleanse, because I read some negative things about psyllium husks.”

Reply: You don’t have to remove the entire cleanse just to avoid the psyllium husk powder which definitely shouldn’t be taken. For information read the following post: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

Quote: “On day two, I added brown rice, just a small cup, and egg whites.”

Reply: You really should be eating the entire egg, over half of the protein that an egg contains is in the yoke and you need this, especially at this time. Just as the out-of-date information on coconut is, eggs cannot raise your cholesterol.
    You would benefit greatly by removing the brown rice; all rice is a starch, and starch will feed the Candida.

Quote: “Veggies in the morning….eurkkkk…no sure…so I hope to find ideas and I have seen the recipe ideas on this forum, it’s real nice you all put some ideas on this site.”

Reply: Look for the coconut flour bread recipe; eating a slice or two of this along with scrambled or boiled eggs make a perfect and nutritious breakfast. An avocado is a good food with which to follow the egg and coconut flour bread for breakfast.

Quote: “I have bought a wheatgrass powder to add to water and drink”

Reply: Wheatgrass has a high-alkalizing effect which isn’t helpful to a Candida treatment.

Able

granolamama

Thanks so much for this quick response.
    I thought that brown rice was ok, but I guess I was wrong. So, I could use buckwheat or quinoa or amaranth instead?
    I will make the coconut bread tomorrow, and will try your breakfast suggestion to eat it with an egg. A full egg 🙂
    I am surprised at the wheatgrass. I thought it was good to add greens….so something like spirulina is not good either? When you mean “not helpful”, do you mean, that I should leave it out? or does it just not make much of a difference.

thanks Able

granolamama

so…I should look for neither acid nor alkalizing food properties? I am confused. I thought I had to avoid the acid foods, like coffee which is to acid, but could chose foods that have an alkalizing effect like lemons. Please could you clarify if I am mistaken?

Able900
    Spectator

Amaranth is a grain, and Candida will feed on any type of grain. By the way, that’s also why any type of rice is not beneficial to the treatment as it’s also a grain seed.

Reports written on quinoa are amazingly mixed as far as the definition or description. As near as I can establish, quinoa is a whole-wheat grain – sort of. Since it’s a questionable food, personally I would choose to avoid it. To be safe,

I would simply stick with buckwheat as a substitute for all of the ones you mentioned.

Buckwheat on the other hand is not a grain, it’s a plant source with a large variety healthful attributes, such as a good plant source of easy-to-digestive protein and has built into it all eight essential amino acids

“Wheatgrass has a high-alkalizing effect which isn’t helpful to a Candida treatment.”

What I should have typed instead of the above about wheatgrass is; Candida thrives in an alkaline environment (which wheatgrass will help to create), and a probiotic, kefir, and Greek yogurt will be working to make the intestines more acidic which is detrimental to the Candida, therefore, eating a food with a highly alkalizing effect such as wheatgrass only makes it more difficult to build an acidic environment in the intestines.

Able

granolamama

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for clarifying,…I had it backwards! Thanks again!

granolamama

so…hm….coffee…is acidic right???? so …wy is that not ok then?

Able900
    Spectator

granolamama wrote: so…hm….coffee…is acidic right???? so …wy is that not ok then?

Both caffeine and mold are the problems with coffee.
    Caffeine drains the immune system which is already overworked just trying to handle the infestation that has hold of a Candida sufferer’s body.

Mold, as you can imagine, is one of the worst things you can digest as a person with or without a Candida infestation

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

High caffeine use can lead to adrenal fatigue in many persons out there…so try to avoid caffeine for a few weeks and at the most, add (green) tea to your diet.

granolamama

thanks for the answers. it’s real hard to get off cafeine though…but I found MAKA powder…..anyone uses this yet? supposed to help adrenals and help with stamina.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘No cleanse, just straight to detox phase’ is closed to new replies.