No carbs/grains… help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions No carbs/grains… help!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Katemate3 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Hi all, I could do with some advice.

I know I need to cut out all grains -oats,rice etc. But when I don’t have any carbs I feel weak and dizzy.
    The carbs we are allowed- like buckwheat- I can’t digest without pain due to leaky gut. And for example with the coconut bread I have allergies to eggs, and my stomach doesn’t like flaxseed so I can’t do the egg replacer. I’m pretty sure coconut flour is OK but what do I have with it?! I feel stuck. I am mildly intolerant to oats and rice, so oat bran/rice bran seem like a no for my gut… Breakfasts are especially tricky. Most people’s breakfast suggestions on the forum involve eggs or buckwheat!

Anyone got any suggestions?! Or does your body just get used to not eating carbohydrates? (Although surely this is not healthy, your body still needs strength to fight candida right?)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well you need to eat carbs on the diet so don’t be afraid of carbs. The unfortunate thing is that you are allergic to buckwheat and eggs. Well you can get around this by trying out some other flours like almond meal, teff, flax, rice bran, etc. Beans are also a good source of carbs that you can have later in the diet but it might benefit you now.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I’m glad this topic came up. I’ve been on the diet for some time, and about a month ago, I cut out carbs entirely, because I was finding I was getting phlegm after eating buckwheat or oat bran. Coconut bread seemed to be OK, but it was really packing on the pounds. So I replaced the bread with veggie smoothies once I got a Nutribullet.

But now that you are saying we “need” carbs, I wanted to find out…why? If we are feeling good on meat and veggies, are carbs really necessary (especially since even veggies have carbs??)

raster
    Participant

Some people are afraid carbs feed the yeast. Well you need carbs to feed yourself instead. You need some starch on the diet. Vegetables are a good source of this but grains are another alternative.

Bernie mentioned that a well rounded meal should include meat, starch, and vegetables so I am sticking with what he has said.

If you don’t consume carbs you might have energy problems and this needs to be avoided.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

My energy is good, but maybe I can try buckwheat or teff again. I’m so sick of that coconut bread. I’ll probably stay away from oat bran as Bernie doesn’t recommend, and I noticed you also had problems.

raster
    Participant

Rutabega is a great potato replacement…good source of carbs and starch, pretty healthy imho.

-raster

Dan_man
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 9

I also struggle with buckwheat and grains. However Millet flakes seem to be ok with me, I make millet flakes and almond butter porridge (texture isn’t great, but makes a filling meal) . Apart form the millet I follow a meat and veg diet, as soon I try potatoes, oats, or basically most carbs I get some sort of reaction.

Daniel.

yisucks
    Participant

Oh yeah I eat rutabaga sometimes. I also eat turnips a lot…those are probably carb-y, I would imagine.

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Thanks so much for your replies- especially raster!

Will try rutagbaga (if I can find it)

Who is this ‘Bernie’?!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘No carbs/grains… help!’ is closed to new replies.