No carb or sugar since July and still have yeast–please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions No carb or sugar since July and still have yeast–please help

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lin 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Lin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

Hello!

Breakdown and yeast overgrowth last winter. I quit eating carbs last Christmas. Stopped eating fruit in July. Gave up coffee in September. Had coffee this morning because I’m so depressed. Had to take inserted flagyl for girl parts and the yeast is back with a vengeance. Gave it to my husband this time, could just weep. Girl parts swing from yeast to bacteria, back and forth.

Several years ago I had Lyme disease and used the pulse method for several years (zith every two weeks).

I never cheat and eat sugar or carbs, have lost almost 40lbs. Feel like manure.

Severe food sensitivities–not suppose to eat coconut. Stomach is so messed up I have to take Tirosint for thyroid because wasn’t absorbing other thyroid meds. Use to work at government facility and was tested for heavy metals recently and told I had none but was not given actual numbers.

Was buckshot hitting the yeast with all kinds of supplements at once. Am now taking:

Candidex (NuMedica),
    Caprylex (Douglas Laboratories),
    Probiotic G.I. (Pure), and

Drink a gallon of lemon water a day.

I want to go to my sons wedding and eat cake and drink champaign this winter. That has been my goal since July.

Lyme disease taught me amazing tenacity. I will do whatever it takes to kill the yeast but I am just at a loss what to do. My menu is very narrow from food sensitivities and desire to kill yeast. I just eat meat, veggies like spinach, greens, and broccoli, and Greek yogart with sunflower seeds. That’s it.

Please help!

Lin

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend considering trying out s.boulardii or floraster if you want to get over your food sensitivities quickly (like for the wedding). I would also drink kombucha (contains boulardii) at same time. Boulardii is highly anti-inflammatory and will make your stomach really flat. Your food sensitivities will go away while you use it and you’ll feel great because it consumes candida.

There’s also a variety of alternative ways to get better that I mention in this post:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm52184_Alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmen-raster-s-perspective.aspx#post52184

-raster

Lin

Great information, thank you. Read this and will reread…

Use to drink this and quit because I gave up all mushroom/vinegar/fermented type stuff. I can purchase that today. Was reading on this site about the korean wine makgeolli with pichia. Have you tried this? Can’t buy wine on Sunday but thought I would try to find some tomorrow… May have to order online.

Seeing allergist and won’t see any results until February on food sensitivities. Wedding food is Palio. The cake at the wedding is almond flour, it’s the sugar that scares me and the alcohol in the champagne. I’ve worked so hard I hate to go back to the begining but feel such frustration that I’m not moving forward–am actually losing ground on the yeast so what would it hurt to binge on sugar one day?

Wanted to pass along a Lyme trick for the dreaded herxheimer reaction. As soon as you start feeling bad draw a warm bath and add a cup of Epsom salt, cup of peroxide, and lavender oil and sit in tub. With the yeast I’m not sure if it would be worse to sit in a tub of water or get the benefit of the toxins being drawn out with the soak.

Something interesting on this site is the aversion to the herxheimer. In Lyme world it was a celebration when you “herxed” because you knew you were killing something.

Also, any information on infrared sauna or rif machine? In Lyme world you use these and have a herx. With yeast I get no herx which makes me think they aren’t working.

You are a hero to share all your knowledge so willingly.

God bless,
    Lin

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Don’t cut out fruits. Most people will benefit from it.
    You still need to eat carbs, otherwise your thyroid will suffer.
    Candida doesn’t feed on alcohol, but it destroys your liver.
    Boulardii is a good idea if you have the funds for it.

Sun Made
    Replies: 8

You’re on the wrong diet. What are you, an eskimo? eat some carbs.

Lin

I’m afraid if I eat a carb I will completely lose it, my husband will find me with cakes, cookies, and chocolate strewn all over my engorged body with a big smile on my dead face. ;D

Seriously, I thought you weren’t suppose to eat any carbs if you have systemic yeast. I am allergic to most fruit. Can eat papaya and pineapple. Food sensitivities are so bad doctor told me not to eat any raw food but I loved the papaya seeds and ate them. Avoided pineapple because it is so sweet. I thought six months with no sugar and the candida died. The flagyl set me back but I feel so much better after using it. Just a vicious cycle.

I’m taking milk thistle to help liver. Will go investigate boulardii…

Drank Kombucha this evening. Am so happy I found this site. Really, sincerely appreciate all ya’lls help.

raster
    Participant

Well I’d go for more than just drinking kombucha, I would do it when you are also taking some s.boulardii. Otherwise it won’t do too much. As far as food sensitivities, I would aim to rotate some foods in. I would try to cheat like once a month or so and have something not on the diet. You need to develop the gut flora that can digest these foods.

As far as carbs, there are stuff that isn’t that bad that won’t feed the yeast that much. For instance, you could make a coconut/almond meal/buckwheat flour bread or a teff bread or rutabega/potato, etc. There’s a bunch of stuff that is very slightly bad for the diet like rice and beans. You do need some carbs though to be healthy and I would try to incorporate some of them if you can handle it. It sounds like the diet isn’t working for you and so you need to change it up when this happens and try out new stuff/protocols.

As far as good fruit to try out, I would aim for berries (low in sugar per serving and molds when fresh), watermelon, apricots (approximately 1g of sugar per apricot), lemons/limes/grapefruit, coconut, etc. You need to get your body used to it. High sugar high mold fruits like pineapple and cantelope are not recommended.

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant

What kind of heavy metal test did you do?

Lin

Not sure how effective heavy metal blood test was. The Federal government is testing old employees to see if they were exposed to heavy metals, hearing, general physical and general blood work. My office was located in an old machine shop so I checked “all” and was tested for 300 plus heavy metals. It was a blood test and I received a letter saying I was “normal” on all heavy metals. Planning on seeing if I can get a copy of the actual test. The test also said I was normal on “B” vitamins and I was on the last digit before I slid off the chart–really low. My allergist is giving me B-12 shots once a month now.

I’m seeing a really good allergist. I can eat very few fruits. Can’t eat blueberries but can eat raspberries. They are often expensive and grown in exotic locations where I worry about the pesticide load. I’m sensitive to coconut and almonds. Hopefully by February I will have more food choices. Would hummus be o.k? Sweet potatoes are wonderful… The worst of the food sensitivities is when my doctor took away chocolate, almonds, and garlic! I really miss garlic most of all….

My kid had anaphylactic shock from eating homemade vegetable soup this time last year. Now he can eat most anything including wheat! After eating wheat poor fellow said he felt “dirty”.

Calling my supplement guy when he opens this morning. Was so miserable last night I found a diflucan from 2012 and took that. Feel better but now waiting for the bacteria to raise it’s ugly head.

I really appreciate your help.

TheChosenOne
    Participant

A blood test for heavy metal is useless, unless you are looking for acute poisoning. Instead, you have to do a hair test.
    Hummus should be fine because it is made from chickpeas. It also contains garlic. Sweet potatoes is actually a bad idea. Can you consume soy products?

Lin

Because of the Hashimoto’s I usually avoid soy plus GMO and all that. Don’t really like it but will eat it if it would help. Bought hemp milk and sunflower milk on impulse, would those help? I can make hummus with no garlic. Out of everything, even chocolate, I miss garlic the most!

Supplement guy can help me with hair test, are they horrible expensive?

Thank you.

Lin

TheChosenOne
    Participant

Lin

Went and bought:

Harrow Formulas, Saccharomyces Boulardii+MOS

I took three!

Will check out hair test later tonight.

Thank you for the link!

Lin

Do I continue to take caprilic and Candidex?

Thanks, lin

raster
    Participant

Do not consume any antifungals if you take boulardii, otherwise it’ll destroy the boulardii. This includes coconut oil.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘No carb or sugar since July and still have yeast–please help’ is closed to new replies.