*No* Carb Diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions *No* Carb Diet?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  sp1543 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

YeastMan
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

Has anyone tried a no carb diet? Essentially eating only meat and protein for X amount of days? Since Candida requires carbs to survive (specifically monosaccharides), this seems like the ultimate test of the candida diet and to find out whether it really works.

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

No, but isn’t that what the cleanse is about? 🙂
    So I guess it would work! Try it out!

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

No, its not about carbs. It is about food high in sugar. A meat only diet? Doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

You get plenty of die off with just eating brown rice and vegetables for instance. Then you know that it works.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

YeastMan wrote: Has anyone tried a no carb diet? Essentially eating only meat and protein for X amount of days? Since Candida requires carbs to survive (specifically monosaccharides), this seems like the ultimate test of the candida diet and to find out whether it really works.

Well, I thought the same and tried it for about 3 month. I collapsed then with a panic attack and high strung nervous system. I was woken up one night after feeling great for some days. It felt like my blood was boiling or millions of ants running under my skin. I got afraid as I woke up to that shit. Later I learned here that the amount of ammonium the die-off etc freaked out my liver. Ammonuium is benefical for candida to grow too. So my advice is dont do it.

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

YeastMan wrote: Has anyone tried a no carb diet? Essentially eating only meat and protein for X amount of days? Since Candida requires carbs to survive (specifically monosaccharides), this seems like the ultimate test of the candida diet and to find out whether it really works.

NadjaB wrote: No, but isn’t that what the cleanse is about? So I guess it would work! Try it out!

Have either of you seen and wondered why several of us tell members to eat a very low amount of animal protein?

Animal protein releases ammonia.
    Candida releases ammonia.

What does that tell you?

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

A zero carb diet was the best thing i ever did for this condition. Within 3 days my seb derm went to nothing and my oily skin massively improved. Dandruff was also obliterated.

I ate fatty meat and eggs. It’s just the atkins diet basically. Nothing unknown or untested and it can be done with perfect safety.

I did it for 4 months straight. 100% strict. Used ketostix and all.

Having said that, it clearly didn’t get rid of it. Starving it must’ve massively reduced the number of candida hence the improvement in symptoms however I probably needed something else to finally finish them off when they were in their reduced state.

That’s where my new plan comes in as of yesterday. I’m back on the zero carb and going to start hitting the Nystatin in 2 days, the time by which i’ll have noticed an effect on my symptoms from the diet alone which would indicate their numbers are reducing. Then throw in the antifungal to mop up the survivors.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Kyle wrote: A zero carb diet was the best thing i ever did for this condition. Within 3 days my seb derm went to nothing and my oily skin massively improved. Dandruff was also obliterated.

I ate fatty meat and eggs. It’s just the atkins diet basically. Nothing unknown or untested and it can be done with perfect safety.

Having said that, it clearly didn’t get rid of it. Starving it must’ve massively reduced the number of candida hence the improvement in symptoms however I probably needed something else to finally finish them off when they were in their reduced state.

That’s where my new plan comes in as of yesterday. I’m back on the zero carb and going to start hitting the Nystatin in 2 days, the time by which i’ll have noticed an effect on my symptoms from the diet alone which would indicate their numbers are reducing. Then throw in the antifungal to mop up the survivors.

You have a link to your diet food list?

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Kyle wrote: A zero carb diet was the best thing i ever did for this condition. Within 3 days my seb derm went to nothing and my oily skin massively improved. Dandruff was also obliterated.

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

Marbro wrote:

A zero carb diet was the best thing i ever did for this condition. Within 3 days my seb derm went to nothing and my oily skin massively improved. Dandruff was also obliterated.

Fatty meat and eggs.

That’s the list.
    For further info and recipes you could check out atkin’s diet stuff and Mark’s Daily Apple. He’s a big proponent of low-carb and has plenty of recipes. Personally i disagree that this is how we were designed to eat. But unnatural methods are required for unnatural situations! (i.e. candida induced by antibiotics)

Main thing is: You can’t survive on protein alone. You need the fat.
    Bring on the pork belly, fatty steak, eggs, bacon, carb-free sausages and enjoy it while it lasts.
    This isn’t healthy in the long-long-term imo. But it is certainly healthy as f*** in the short-term and you’ll see the difference.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Fatty meat and eggs. That’s the list.

And what do you do after the meat, eggs and Nystatin? You actually think the infestation will be cured?

This isn’t healthy in the long-long-term imo. But it is certainly healthy as f*** in the short-term and you’ll see the difference.

Of course you’ll see a difference, just like you’d see a difference if you added vegetables instead of so much meat and fat.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Kyle wrote:

Fatty meat and eggs.

That’s the list.
    For further info and recipes you could check out atkin’s diet stuff and Mark’s Daily Apple. He’s a big proponent of low-carb and has plenty of recipes. Personally i disagree that this is how we were designed to eat. But unnatural methods are required for unnatural situations! (i.e. candida induced by antibiotics)

Main thing is: You can’t survive on protein alone. You need the fat.
    Bring on the pork belly, fatty steak, eggs, bacon, carb-free sausages and enjoy it while it lasts.

Kyle,
    The phase 1 in any well thought anticandida protocol can be proteins, vegetables, and plain yogurt. You can hold it for a month or so. This kind of diet, according to Dr. Trowbridge, can kill the same amount of candida that high Nystatin doses do.
    It will give you a great start in this battle, but that diet put a lot of stress to the body.
    It isn’t a diet to hold for long time. Nutritional requirements are very important to release the treatment and avoid relapse. The immune system must take care of the remaining candida when you decide to stop the treatment. The problem is that kind of very strict carbohydrate diet will weak you day by day to the point your immune system won’t defend you anymore. As a temporary diet, it will do a great advance, but no long term. I know who have done it and ended worse. Of course, they couldn’t eliminate candida. The key is a progressive no excessive stressful treatment that may last 2 or 3 years.

When sugar and carbohydrates aren’t present, candida will turn over fat and proteins.(meat) Sadly, the candida wastes (metabolites) are more toxic when the fungus feed on fat and proteins than carbohydrates.
    Here is an interesting post

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1906516

Here is another post by McCombs,
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1918942#i
    Jorge

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

dvjorge wrote: The phase 1 in any well thought anticandida protocol can be proteins, vegetables, and plain yogurt. You can hold it for a month or so. This kind of diet, according to Dr. Trowbridge, can kill the same amount of candida that high Nystatin doses do.
    It will give you a great start in this battle, but that diet put a lot of stress to the body.
    It isn’t a diet to hold for long time. Nutritional requirements are very important to release the treatment and avoid relapse. The immune system must take care of the remaining candida when you decide to stop the treatment. The problem is that kind of very strict carbohydrate diet will weak you day by day to the point your immune system won’t defend you anymore.

Can you explain in more detail how a diet of vegetables, high-quality protein and healthy fats leads to the problems you’re claiming here?

dvjorge wrote: When sugar and carbohydrates aren’t present, candida will turn over fat and proteins.(meat) Sadly, the candida wastes (metabolites) are more toxic when the fungus feed on fat and proteins than carbohydrates.

Should we avoid vitamin C as well and see how our body copes without essential nutrients that it can’t produce by itself? Seems like a risk worth taking based on something discovered about yeast in a petri dish in 1986.

dvjorge
    Participant

Javizy wrote:

The phase 1 in any well thought anticandida protocol can be proteins, vegetables, and plain yogurt. You can hold it for a month or so. This kind of diet, according to Dr. Trowbridge, can kill the same amount of candida that high Nystatin doses do.
    It isn’t a diet to hold for long time. Nutritional requirements are very important to release the treatment and avoid relapse. The immune system must take care of the remaining candida when you decide to stop the treatment. The problem is that kind of very strict carbohydrate diet will weak you day by day to the point your immune system won’t defend you anymore.

Can you explain in more detail how a diet of vegetables, high-quality protein and healthy fats leads to the problems you’re claiming here?

dvjorge wrote: When sugar and carbohydrates aren’t present, candida will turn over fat and proteins.(meat) Sadly, the candida wastes (metabolites) are more toxic when the fungus feed on fat and proteins than carbohydrates.

Should we avoid vitamin C as well and see how our body copes without essential nutrients that it can’t produce by itself? Seems like a risk worth taking based on something discovered about yeast in a petri dish in 1986.

There are different opinions about what really is the best diet to achieve a good health. What I am telling about an strict anticandida diet is written by those pioneers Drs who spent their life treating this syndrome. Any of them favor an strict low carbohydrate diet for long time. They are Holistic MDs, those who believe in this syndrome, those who knows about nutrition and practice real medicine.
    Truss, Trowbridge, Galland, Rona, most of them have written books about this syndrome, and all of them have said a very strict diet should be only temporary.
    There are medical articles pointing how candida albicans metabolize fat and proteins. See the post by McCombs.
    Some other MDs such as Dr. Bruce Semon, has written about it in his books about candida.
    Bottom line, there isn’t ideal or perfect anticandida diet. If you limit all the carbohydrates, candida will go for fat, if not for meat, and so on.

I have tried an almost 0 carbohydrate diet several times. My body never has been able to adjust to that diet. I am very low in carbohydrate but I can not be with the carbs present in vegetables only. Even taking exaggerate amount of fat, I can not resist that kind of diet. I have been close to a total metabolic shut down following it.
    I am also tired of reading how people complain they can not resist it for long time in the forums. It has been 4 years several hours a day reading what other people post. I don’t know of any case of those people doing this sacrifice that later come telling I cured my candida with a severe diet.
    If this were the cure, we all knew it because hundreds have tried it to later come back looking for more options. It looks like the trick part is to be low in carbohydrates for long time, and no almost 0 trying to get result in a short term.
    Jorge.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

My point about that article was that the omega-3 and omega-6 fats mentioned are essential, and if it were possible to avoid them completely, the eventual outcome would be death. It’s very difficult to avoid them completely (luckily), but a deficiency could bring on a host of other symptoms, some of which, like dry skin and eczema, mimic common candida symptoms. Studies that involve candida in isolation help inform us about how it behaves, but when making dietary choices, we need to take into account human metabolism, which is far more complex than “pathogen X likes nutrient Y.”

I agree that eating only animal products is unwise. You leave yourself with no source of antioxidants, fibre or various vitamins and minerals, and create a less favourable intestinal environment for your gut flora. This hinders good nutrition, detox and reduction of pathogens/re-enforcement of beneficial bacteria. For some reason, people who follow these diets seem to be (figuratively) allergic to fish as well, so they don’t end up with a good balance of fats either.

Eating a good amount of veg, on the other hand, allows you to avoid all those issues and avoid carbs almost completely. With avocado, parsnip, sweet potato, carrot etc you could add a reasonable amount of carbs if that was something you wanted to do, without needing to rely on heavily starchy foods like grains. This is why I don’t believe the right kind of strict diet is “stressful” to the body. ,

dvjorge
    Participant

Javizy wrote: My point about that article was that the omega-3 and omega-6 fats mentioned are essential, and if it were possible to avoid them completely, the eventual outcome would be death. It’s very difficult to avoid them completely (luckily), but a deficiency could bring on a host of other symptoms, some of which, like dry skin and eczema, mimic common candida symptoms. Studies that involve candida in isolation help inform us about how it behaves, but when making dietary choices, we need to take into account human metabolism, which is far more complex than “pathogen X likes nutrient Y.”

I agree that eating only animal products is unwise. You leave yourself with no source of antioxidants, fibre or various vitamins and minerals, and create a less favourable intestinal environment for your gut flora. This hinders good nutrition, detox and reduction of pathogens/re-enforcement of beneficial bacteria. For some reason, people who follow these diets seem to be (figuratively) allergic to fish as well, so they don’t end up with a good balance of fats either.

Eating a good amount of veg, on the other hand, allows you to avoid all those issues and avoid carbs almost completely. With avocado, parsnip, sweet potato, carrot etc you could add a reasonable amount of carbs if that was something you wanted to do, without needing to rely on heavily starchy foods like grains. This is why I don’t believe the right kind of strict diet is “stressful” to the body. ,

I agree with most of what you wrote. The only thing is it looks like vegetables alone can not supply the amount of carbohydrates required for a proper nutrition. I mean green vegetables are very low in carbohydrates. Carrots and other higher carbohydrates are prohibit in this diet. They probably make the difference but we can not eat them.
    Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘*No* Carb Diet?’ is closed to new replies.