No candida in stool test but I still have symptoms..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions No candida in stool test but I still have symptoms..

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ally123 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ally123
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 8

I still have symptoms including itchy ears, nausea, vaginal itching, sleep problems, fatigue, bed stuck, facial inflammation, depression and anxiety. My stool test showed a negative reading for candida. Do I still have candida?? I got a positive test result for Sibo. Do I only have that?

YaenMilton
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Both the condition have similar symptoms because they both affect the intestines, causing changes on mood, energy, brain power, digestion and joint health. However, candida usually appears as rash or dry skin. Your doctor can diagnose the infection by looking at your rash. The stool test can also help detect if there is any yeast/candida in your stool. If the result comes back negative, you may not have candida.

ally123
    Participant

Thank you for your response. Does candida live in the intestines? Are the diets for both conditions the same? E.g little starchy vegetables

ally123
    Participant

Motivation to stick to diet when cravings are so bad? 🙁 I actually get so angry about them..

king tut
    Participant
    Replies: 41

I was listening to a podcast with Dr Hyman the other week and he noted that once candida turned into a more systemic overgrowth, it was less likely to show up in your stool test. I would go by your symptoms more than a stool test. Not sure about the skin rashes, I am not familiar with that being a main symptom of internal overgrowth.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ally123
    Participant

Hello,
    I know this is a candida diet forum page..but I was just wondering how SIBO is treated?
    What supplements do you take? Do you take probiotics after sibo is eradicated?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.