No antifungal has ever helped, it's been over a year…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions No antifungal has ever helped, it's been over a year…

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rayzor 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #91638

    dead_island
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

    currently I am having skin yeast infection symptoms but no visible rash. My entire groin area feels hot from time to time, itches, stings.. feels like it’s chafing when i walk. Usually this comes with little to no visible clues except a very slight reddish scrotum. About 4 months ago I had a nasty skin yeast that actually ate away the skin in small satellites that eventually grew until it was one big red extremely painful area. When I went to the doctor he said this is a nasty yeast infection, gave me diflucan and a steriod/nystatin cream. It cleared it right up but the underlying symptoms stayed, they’ve ALWAYS stayed. I have had symptoms for over a year.

    So far I’ve been on Diflucan 2x (10 day, 150mg IIRC), Grispeg (14 day, 750mg per day), Lamisil oral (currently on, 30 day 250mg), some sort of nerve numbing pill, various creams (nystatin, lamisil, monistat), 2 months worth of “the candida diet” that I’m not currently on, Zyretic for a month, Allegra for a month, Valtrex for 3 months, acyclovir for 2 months (original prognosis was genital HSV-1), even tried hypoallergenic detergent.

    NONE of it even helped the underlying symptoms. I hear people say the antifungals get rid of there yeast infection for a few weeks when it comes back. I just have this constant irratation with no real visable symptoms that is not effected by Rx’s. When I got the nasty rash the cream cleared it right up, but the underlying symptoms remained. I continued the cream and it didn’t clear up the underlying symptoms.

    About 7 months ago I went on vacation, within about day or two the symptoms disappeared completely. I thought I had finally kicked the issue. When I returned, a few days later so did the symptoms. Mild at first, then back in full bore. So I began to think it was the old house I was living in that probably had mold in its very wet, 100 year old basement. Since i was renting, a few months later I got out and the symptoms never went away. About 2 weeks ago, I went on a shorter vactation for 4 days and I felt probably 95% better…here is the kicker, I walked at least 20 miles in these four days a feat I have never dreamed of doing in the last year, the chafing would have been unbearable. I thought it was the new medication (lamisil and nerve numbing medication) But now, back from the vacation, symptoms slowly came back and here they are again.

    Coincidence, maybe. Any ideas?

    #91642

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Dr. Mcoombs feels that anyone who has skin conditions has a deficiency in HCL (hydro chloric acid).

    Here’s his blog about it:

    http://candidaplan.com/blog/699/hydrochloric-acid-and-health/

    I would consider consulting a naturopathic doctor who can heal you naturally without the need for medication. You likely are deficient in various minerals and vitamins (such as E and C) and these can aid skin problems.

    You likely have inflammation of the gut which needs to be reversed through a strict diet and proper supplements. Taking a bunch of medication doesn’t heal anything and this is why you should consider going a natural route.

    -raster

    #91643

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    dead_island;30032 wrote: currently I am having skin yeast infection symptoms but no visible rash. My entire groin area feels hot from time to time, itches, stings.. feels like it’s chafing when i walk. Usually this comes with little to no visible clues except a very slight reddish scrotum. About 4 months ago I had a nasty skin yeast that actually ate away the skin in small satellites that eventually grew until it was one big red extremely painful area. When I went to the doctor he said this is a nasty yeast infection, gave me diflucan and a steriod/nystatin cream. It cleared it right up but the underlying symptoms stayed, they’ve ALWAYS stayed. I have had symptoms for over a year.

    So far I’ve been on Diflucan 2x (10 day, 150mg IIRC), Grispeg (14 day, 750mg per day), Lamisil oral (currently on, 30 day 250mg), some sort of nerve numbing pill, various creams (nystatin, lamisil, monistat), 2 months worth of “the candida diet” that I’m not currently on, Zyretic for a month, Allegra for a month, Valtrex for 3 months, acyclovir for 2 months (original prognosis was genital HSV-1), even tried hypoallergenic detergent.

    NONE of it even helped the underlying symptoms. I hear people say the antifungals get rid of there yeast infection for a few weeks when it comes back. I just have this constant irratation with no real visable symptoms that is not effected by Rx’s. When I got the nasty rash the cream cleared it right up, but the underlying symptoms remained. I continued the cream and it didn’t clear up the underlying symptoms.

    About 7 months ago I went on vacation, within about day or two the symptoms disappeared completely. I thought I had finally kicked the issue. When I returned, a few days later so did the symptoms. Mild at first, then back in full bore. So I began to think it was the old house I was living in that probably had mold in its very wet, 100 year old basement. Since i was renting, a few months later I got out and the symptoms never went away. About 2 weeks ago, I went on a shorter vactation for 4 days and I felt probably 95% better…here is the kicker, I walked at least 20 miles in these four days a feat I have never dreamed of doing in the last year, the chafing would have been unbearable. I thought it was the new medication (lamisil and nerve numbing medication) But now, back from the vacation, symptoms slowly came back and here they are again.

    Coincidence, maybe. Any ideas?

    You have an immune tolerance to candida. Your plan should be restoring the immune activity against candida. Without immunity, you can take a truck loaded with Fluconazole and Lamisil without solving the yeast issues.
    No treatment can work without the help of the immune system.

    Jorge.

    #91644

    dead_island
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

    Forgive me for my head hurts I have read so much about candida in the past year. How do I solve immune tolerance to candida?

    While on the extremely strict candida diet my symptoms did get lesser I think, they never went away. My symptoms seem to have a roller coaster of intensity.

    I gave up on the diet after 2 months because it is unrealistic to expect someone to completely deprive and starve them selves for a long length of time. I don’t feel that eating vegetables, chicken and eggs forever is any healthier then what it replaced.

    #91645

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    dead_island;30038 wrote: Forgive me for my head hurts I have read so much about candida in the past year. How do I solve immune tolerance to candida?

    While on the extremely strict candida diet my symptoms did get lesser I think, they never went away. My symptoms seem to have a roller coaster of intensity.

    I gave up on the diet after 2 months because it is unrealistic to expect someone to completely deprive and starve them selves for a long length of time. I don’t feel that eating vegetables, chicken and eggs forever is any healthier then what it replaced.

    I am going to help you. The only thing I will require is your learn a little bit. Later, you will be prepared to take good decisions regarding to your treatment.

    First, you need to understand why candida take place and becomes chronic.

    Read it :
    People can become
    unresponsive to an antigen by exposing them more or
    less continually to this antigen. This may be carried
    out with very high doses of antigen—called “highzone
    tolerance”—or with very low doses, “lowzone
    tolerance.” High-zone tolerance tends to
    render unresponsive both T- and B-cells, whereas
    low-zone tolerance weakens or blocks the T-cell
    response only. Thus the cellular immune response
    (T-cell) is more easily blocked, and such blockage
    is easier to sustain than is the humoral (B-cell)
    response. Furthermore, unresponsiveness (or
    “tolerance”) is easier to induce with soluble than
    with aggregated antigens.
    Thus immunologic tolerance is most readily
    achieved by more or less continual exposure to a
    soluble antigen, with T-cell paralysis being much
    easier to achieve and sustain.
    When mucous membranes are chronically infected
    by yeast, cells of the immune system are exposed
    continually to Candida antigens, thus satisfying the
    conditions for tolerance induction. This weakened
    immunologic response allows the yeast to thrive in
    the tissues, and a vicious cycle is established. An
    analagous situation has been reported in
    lepromatous leprosy. In this, the widely
    disseminated form of leprosy, impairment of the
    immune response has been demonstrated in vivo by
    reversion to negative of the lepromin skin test, and
    in vitro both by impairment of the lymphocyte
    transformation test on exposure to the leprosy
    bacillus or phytohemagglu-tinin, and release of the
    migration inhibitory factor on exposure to the
    bacillus. In the tuberculoid form of leprosy,
    however, this does not occur. This is the localized
    form of the disease, which carries a good
    prognosis. Thus widespread involvement is
    associated with impairment of the immune
    response.
    With Candida infection, as with leprosy, there
    may be for each individual a critical point beyond
    which the total area of involvement is such that the
    antigenic stimulus paralyzes rather than stimulates
    the immune system, particularly the T-cell compartment.
    Until this state of immunologic
    unresponsiveness is broken, drug therapy of the
    yeast infection will be less than fully effective.

    Read it : ( almost the same explained with different words )

    Chronic antigenemia, occurring naturally or
    induced experimentally, may result in immunologic
    unresponsiveness to specific
    antigens, including those of infectious origin.
    Antigens that evoke a normal immune response
    initially may induce immunologic tolerance
    when antigenic exposure becomes of the
    quantity and duration critical to its
    establishment. With its immunologic defenses
    neutralized, the host becomes incapable of
    eliminating from its tissues the source of
    tolerizing antigen, insuring perpetuation of the
    compromised immune response and persistence
    in the tissues of the infectious agent.
    Total loss of immune capability is suggested
    by the terms “immunologic paralysis” and
    “immunologic unresponsiveness”; “immunologic
    tolerance” may perhaps better describe a
    continuing but ineffectual immune response that
    “tolerates” rather than rejects the organism. The
    “ebb and flow” in the opposing forces of foreign
    invasion and immune rejection is reflected
    clinically in the remissions and exacerbations
    characteristic of many chronic illnesses. The
    incompleteness of “paralysis” is suggested by
    fluctuations both in clinical manifestations and
    in such simple tests of normal immune activity
    as the white blood cell count, skin test response,
    body temperature, and antibody titer, as well as
    by the inconstancy of indicators of abnormal
    immunologic activity, e.g., immune complex
    deposition, RA factor, LE cell, ANA. The
    pattern of the clinical response may undergo
    constant change as the immune system reacts
    both normally and abnormally to the qualitative
    and quantitative variations in antigenic
    stimulation.
    Persistence of Candida albicans in the tissues
    for prolonged periods typifies these principles.
    Chronic symptoms representing systemic
    responses to soluble yeast products accompany
    manifestations referable to the infected sites.
    Both fluctuate according to the effectiveness of a
    weakened immune response that is often
    influenced by factors directly favorable to yeast
    growth.

    One time you understand it, we can continue the discussion about your case.

    Jorge.

    #91647

    dead_island
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

    The thing is they never worked. It’s not like I built up an immunity to the drugs because I kept resorting to them.

    I’m open to the possibility of this not being a yeast infection. I was hoping others were too.

    #91649

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    dead_island;30041 wrote: The thing is they never worked. It’s not like I built up an immunity to the drugs because I kept resorting to them.

    I’m open to the possibility of this not being a yeast infection. I was hoping others were too.

    Those articles don’t speak anything related to immunity to the drugs. I am suspecting you didn’t understand them.

    What symptoms do you have ??? How did your health problems begin ??

    I would like to know what you understood after reading the articles.

    I really want to help you and the reason I posted those fragments was to let you know why the Rx antifungals aren’t working in your case.

    Jorge.

    #91651

    dead_island
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

    I don’t really understand much of the text you posted.

    The trigger that started all of this for me was about a year ago. My fiancee had just gotten over being very very ill, sore, fatigued and 2 healthy rounds of antibiotics. We had sex and stupidly enough, she was on the counter above a running dishwasher which burnt the underside of my penis. I was left very sore. About 4 days later I got some very small blisters/ulcers around the base of the tip. Went to the doctor, she said it was nothing but did a culture which came back positive for HSV and gave me valtrex, by then the symptoms had cleared. I never once got ulcers or blisters after that fact. I went in for a blood test and it came up positive for hsv-1 only and indicated it was an old exposure. No hsv-2, no HIV or any std’s (I was tested 6 months later again with the same results) Then I would get itchy after we had sex, I thought it was due to the hsv, so i would take my valtrex and it never helped. I would get little red dots/areas after sex that would also be itchy. A few months later I found that she had a very mild and persistant yeast infection and it took a couple rounds of antifungals for her to kick it.
    I went to the doctor again, she put me on daily valtrex. No change. I went to another doctor who said this is a mild skin yeast infection, gave me cream and saw no evidence of any type of hsv. The itchyness continued and eventually no longer came after sex but was always itchy. I was given a weeks worth of diflucan, no change. I tried natural remedys, applied unsweetened yogurt, ate unsweetened yogurt, tried Olive leaf extract, probiotics, vitamin c (3000mg daily), vitamin b complex, lysine, all kinds of stuff. I still have the underlying symptoms.

    The underlying symptoms are-

    occasional hotness in thighs
    sore, chafed feeling in upper thighs…skin feels raw as I walk (nothing visable)
    occasional light redness to scrotum
    sore scrotum skin, feels like it’s scratched all over. especially noticeable when the skin is tight.
    itchyness everywhere in groin area
    “pin prick” feeling in groin area, kinda jumps around

    About 4 months ago is when the skin broke out in a nasty yeast infection that ate the top layer of the skin. The new doctor said this was in no way hsv in his opinion but a yeast infection. He doubts I ever had a hsv-1 outbreak it was probably just a blister from the burn. His cream cleared up the skin yeast, but the underlying symptoms, are still there.

    It’s worse when I sweat but happens when the area is dry too. The weirdest thing is both times I went on vacation the symptoms seemed to clear up. The first time I lived in a old, possibly moldy house so i thought the house was the trigger. Now I live in a much newer place and they cleared up when I left again, then returned when I got home. As stupid as it sounds, I’m sort of wondering if it’s a allergic reaction to my dog now. It’s the dumbest theory I’ve come up with but to be honest I’m desperate to get better.

    #91652

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I would get tested for allergies. I am unsure if this is candida since its only a skin condition; it could be as simple as an acid imbalance within the body. You could also have parasites which is similar to candida. This would all show up in a stool test (hopefully).

    On a side note: When you do an anti-candida protocol the most important thing you need is probiotics and I noticed you never took any. I would give this a try as well.

    -raster

    #91734

    dead_island
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

    I forgot to mention the probiotics. I was eating unsweetened yogurt, lots of it. In addition taking a 15 strain 35 billion combo, towards the end 70 billion per day. It wasn’t making a difference for me.

    I do have an allergy test setup for tomorrow, Is there any type of testing I should be asking for in addition?

    You say there is some sort of stool test which might be bennificial?

    #91735

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    dead_island;30128 wrote: I forgot to mention the probiotics. I was eating unsweetened yogurt, lots of it. In addition taking a 15 strain 35 billion combo, towards the end 70 billion per day. It wasn’t making a difference for me.

    I do have an allergy test setup for tomorrow, Is there any type of testing I should be asking for in addition?

    You say there is some sort of stool test which might be bennificial?

    Find an Allergist that tests you for candida allergy and immunity. A delayed sensitivity test will show up if you have a proper immune response to candida albicans or not.

    This is important because if this test is negative, it will imply that your immune system isn’t attacking candida. This is what I suspect.

    Jorge.

    #91736

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    dead_island;30128 wrote: I forgot to mention the probiotics. I was eating unsweetened yogurt, lots of it. In addition taking a 15 strain 35 billion combo, towards the end 70 billion per day.

    Regardless of what your problem is, you were heading in the right direction. It’s just that you stopped way too soon. At one point in my treatment I was taking 300 billion CFU’s of beneficial bacterial a day; this and homemade kefir is what I attribute to my ultimate cure.
    Even if you’re suffering from allergies instead of a Candida overgrowth probiotics can help by making your immune system stronger and more capable fighting the allergies.

    Able

    #91823

    dead_island
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

    Well the Allergist did some more testing. Thyroid test, some test that would show be elevated if it was a parasite and something for my bilirubin because it was slightly elevated before. Everything came back normal.

    Basically I have jock itch symptoms on my scrotum and inner thighs, but absolutely no rash of any sort. Very minor redish tint to the scrotum.

    They think it’s nerve damage and are sending me to another Dermatologist to do scrappings of the areas that don’t have rashes, to check for yeast but are thinking it’s nerve damage.

    🙁

    #91827

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    dead_island;30217 wrote: Well the Allergist did some more testing. Thyroid test, some test that would show be elevated if it was a parasite and something for my bilirubin because it was slightly elevated before. Everything came back normal.

    Basically I have jock itch symptoms on my scrotum and inner thighs, but absolutely no rash of any sort. Very minor redish tint to the scrotum.

    They think it’s nerve damage and are sending me to another Dermatologist to do scrappings of the areas that don’t have rashes, to check for yeast but are thinking it’s nerve damage.

    🙁

    My friend I want to do my best for you.

    During an active superficial yeast infection (that one you described) with a unbalanced immune system toward to Th2, yeast penetrates deep in the tissues (cells penetration). After an antifungal treatment the superficial active yeast infection is eradicated, but the intracellular no. Candida adopts a non-growing form inside the cells but still produces metabolites and waste that cause redeness, burning sensation, and inflammation. The medical terminology for this is Chronic Atrophic Erythematous Candidiasis.

    What happened to you is just what happens many times after an active yeast infection. It is known as an intracellular candidiasis or a residual yeast infection.

    I hope this help you. It is hard to be going from Dr to Dr and don’t know what you most likely have.

    Jorge.

    #91828

    dead_island
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

    Perhaps. They are leaning towards Post herpatic neuralga (I’m sure I spelled that wrong).

    I’m getting so tired of opinions. I want a test done that says, “THIS is your issue”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘No antifungal has ever helped, it's been over a year…’ is closed to new replies.