- April 30, 2012 at 1:33 pm #80477
courtnixMemberTopics: 1Replies: 0
I am a 23yo female, and I need a little advice (and encouragement?) Two weeks ago while at my wits end with my constant sickness, I found an article about Candida and had a revelation! After a long time of feeling toxic and knowing in my heart that there was some bigger underlying issue, finally I knew what was wrong with me — Candida! I did the “spit test” and proved myself right. So I gathered my pennies (limited since I’m a student…) and started preparing myself to get this out of my body. So far, my roommates and family have been awfully tempting with their awful pizza, McDonalds, bread, beer, fried food, baking and pop “addictions”. They honestly eat bad things constantly and I’m proud to say I have not cheated one time, not one bite, in my six days on the diet. SO, sorry this is a long one but I want to throw out my symptoms, my process (so far) and my questions. Sorry for TMI. Any help is greatly appreciated.
My symptoms (whether connected to Candida or not):
— Poor memory, Brain fog, Irritability, Anger, Dizziness, Depression, Crying spells, Panic attacks, Low libido, Persistent extreme fatigue, Cravings for sweets/carbs/alcohol, Insomnia, Headaches
— Obesity – and an annoying inability to lose weight!!!!
— Vaginal yeast infections
— Lymph node swelling (very extreme for several weeks in the fall)
— Tonsil stones (tonsilloliths) , halitosis
— Irregular menstruation (almost absent for 8 years)
— Persistent cough, sore throat, chronic post-nasal drip, chronic sinusitis
— Allergic reaction or strong symptoms when in the presence of mold
— Itchy ears, tinnitus
— Acne, skin tags, dandruff, generally poor/dry skin quality
Here is what I have done for the past 6 days:
– NO sugar/substitutes, no dairy (except small amounts of butter), no wheat, yeast or white grains, no high carb veggies, no fungi, no nuts except almonds and walnuts, nothing soy, nothing artificial/processed, no alcohol and caffeine, no fruit (except lemons), nothing with vinegar, no condiments, no pop/juice.
– Coconut oil, olive oil, butter, apple cider vinegar, olives (in water, not vinegar), kefir (daily if possible), nutritional yeast. Quinoa, chickpeas, eggs, almonds, walnuts, dried coconut, steel-cut oats. Lemons, Kale, Lettuce, Spinach, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Celery, Asparagus, Onions, Garlic, Bell peppers, Banana peppers, Avocados, Leeks, Ginger
Supplements & other things:
— Following RenewLife’s CandiGone detox cleanse, 2 capsules and 1ml extract, twice daily. For nutritional info, please see http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=1188
— Oil of Oregano, 10 drops 2x daily
— One-A-Day Women’s Multi-vitamin
— Vitamin C, 1000mg/day**
— Daily yoga and walking
— LOTS of water
— I could not find Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate anywhere. Maybe I’m looking for the wrong thing/in the wrong place?
Results so far
— **I caught a cold from my roommate on Day 2 and took 1000mg of Vitamin C every hour for 8 hours which absolutely helped. I am not sure if the cold was amplified by Die-Off symptoms or not.
— I haven’t had any noticeable die-off symptoms, but I can tell something is “working” inside after I take the CandiGone or Kefir.
— I have had minor headaches, constipation and diarrhea.
— My skin has definitely improved. I have not had any acne since I started.
— Tons of tonsil stones surfaced at the beginning, which I removed. There haven’t been many since.
— My yeast infection symptoms have already lessened quite a bit.
— I feel like I have more energy and have been requiring less sleep the last couple days!
Here are my questions:
– What can I snack on?? I’m going crazy with all the veggies – I have tried roasted chickpeas (they were pretty good but they get dull), kale chips (the flavour didn’t do it for me) and . Can I eat organic corn chips or plain potato chips occasionally? Anything crunchy or sweet to suggest?
– Am I doing anything wrong? Anything I’m missing? Is it bad that I’m not experiencing many die-off symptoms?
– When can I drink alcohol again? I love love love gin and lemon water… and I feel like it would be the least abrasive alcohol choice to my system.
– (my biggest question…) In 2 weeks I will be moving to an extremely rural place in Newfoundland that only gets limited vegetables, and only weekly. Once they’re gone, they’re gone. There is not a chance I’ll be able to find quinoa, coconut oil, kefir, stevia or ANYTHING there. The closest grocery store is more than an hour’s drive away the closest natural food store is 2+. I have no credit card to shop online. I have no car to make weekly grocery trips. WHAT DO I DO? How do I prepare my body for this? How do I stop myself from undoing all the work I’ve already done?
Now that I have rambled on for 800 words, I will finish here by saying, this forum is such an incredible resource, especially for someone like me who is young and afraid… I am trying to read as much as possible and I think I have a good head-start on getting this crazy thing under control. Any advice would be amazing, and please keep in mind that I’m a poor theatre student…. thank you so much (especially you, Able & raster!)
<3 courtnixApril 30, 2012 at 5:57 pm #80505
Able900SpectatorTopics: 92Replies: 4811
Hello, Courtnix, and welcome to the forum.
It’s difficult to believe that you’re taking so many supplements and antifungals after just six days on the treatment; and if you truly have a Candida infestation, I’m amazed that you’re not literally dying from die-off toxins since it seems you’ve taken no precautions.
Have you read the forum’s Protocol?
I could not find Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate anywhere. Maybe I’m looking for the wrong thing/in the wrong place?
Amazon and the other online vitamin stores carry this form of Molybdenum.
butter, quinoa, chickpeas, almonds, walnuts
All of these will cause your treatment to take much longer than necessary.
Can I eat organic corn chips or plain potato chips occasionally?
A simple word equation should explain this.
Rice/potatoes = starch = glucose = sugar = food for the Candida
Is it bad that I’m not experiencing many die-off symptoms?
It isn’t ‘bad’ but it does make me wonder if you actually have Candida (the spit test isn’t worth the time it takes to type the words).
When can I drink alcohol again? I love love love gin and lemon water… and I feel like it would be the least abrasive alcohol choice to my system.
Drink any type of alcohol only if you wish to stop your treatment, as that’s basically what you’ll be doing.
WHAT DO I DO? How do I prepare my body for this? How do I stop myself from undoing all the work I’ve already done?
The best you can do is your only choice, other than what you’re doing now. Correct your mistakes and stay strictly with it for as long as you can until you leave. Once you’ve made the move, stick with green vegetables and eggs as much as possible. Can you take coconut oil and any other antifungals with you?
Also, will you be able to make kefir? These suggestions will help as much as possible in the situation you’re going to be in.
Good luck to you, and please let us know if you have more questions.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.