Newbie questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Newbie questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MichelleLlaguno
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’m on day 5 of the diet, feeling unsatisfied and a little discouraged and I have some questions.

1. I’m not supposed to eat beef or pork? It says that beef is okay on the allowed foods, but I read on a forum post that it’s not. I love proscuitto, and was happy that I could have it on the diet. No proscuitto?

2. Cheating- I have a wedding to go to while I’m on Stage 2. Can I have some alcohol? Can I cheat a bit? How much does it affect my treatment?

3. Clarification- Some of the most important things to do are to add daily are lemon water, kefir, probiotics, coconut oil, and oregano oil… all these in Stage 1 and throughout? I’ve been taking probiotics (50billion) for a couple months now, and I also take a multi-vitamin, B-complex, B-12, and Saccharomyces (another probiotic). Are there any other supplements I should add? Do I add the anti-fungals (coconut oil and oregano oil) in Stage 1??

4. Stage 1 and 2 should last 7 weeks, correct?

5. Are small amounts of goat cheese on Stage 2 okay?

6. The longterm- So, I was under the impression that after Stage 2 the Candida should be cleared up, but on the Forum it seems that you should follow the stage 2 diet indefinitely. I can’t image doing this diet indefinitely, it would be too hard for me. I can cut out some things, but I’m not sure if living a life without bread, wine and cheese is worth it. 🙂 How easily does Candida come back???

7. Yesterday I was feeling flu-like symptoms, but the flu is actually going around. Could I experience die-off so quickly?

Thanks for any info!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Michelle,

I will only answer some of these questions.

1)Beef and pork are not allowed, primarily because they cause mucus production; mucoids protect the candida and your body can’t destroy them.

2)It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida, so it will be very likely that you will still be on stage 1 when you go to this wedding (depending on when this is). I have been on the diet very strictly for 4 months now, and I only cheated for the first time a few weeks ago…I was able to handle these foods at this time, but not everyone will have recovered as well as I have.

3)you might not need the multi-vitamin, and there are many vitamins that you can take for health benefits. Undeceonic acid is another one that is popular. You can basically throw your money away taking as many anti-fungals as you want, but you most likely will want regular vitamins (read the recent vitamins post on the forum for some ideas). Whatever you take is up to you and your budget.

4)read response for question 2

5)goat cheese is probably something most can handle during stage 2, but I wouldn’t worry about that stage yet.

6)Candida can come back very easily depending on how ill you have been with it and how successfully you recover. I would be very wary of stopping the diet until you are symptom free. You feel so good again after the diet that you may not want to go back again.

7)Read the “dangers of die off” post. You most likely are experiencing die off and not the flu…you feel pretty awful during the die off stage.

MichelleLlaguno
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks for your response. If it takes 6-18 months to get rid of Candida, why does this website’s diet say it takes 3 weeks for Stage 1 and 4 weeks for Stage 2???

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thats for a very light infestation, but most people are very very ill from candida (like me) for a long time. I probably have had candida for a decade or so, and a strong infestation for 6 years. It varies from person to person and results are completely across the board. A good plan (with a naturopathic doctor) can set you up for recovery much faster…if you follow many of the forum topics, this can help you recover faster as well.

One thing you can try is “sweating” out the toxins. This includes hot baths, steam rooms, sauna’s, etc. You most likely will recover way faster doing something like this than otherwise. Just a thought. Good supplements and diet really can speed up the recovery as well.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Questions:

1. I’m not supposed to eat beef or pork? It says that beef is okay on the allowed foods, but I read on a forum post that it’s not. I love proscuitto, and was happy that I could have it on the diet. No proscuitto?

Reply: A lot of Candida sufferers receive worse reactions from ham (meaning prosciutto) than they do red meat, which is probably due to the salt used for curing, such as regular Morton’s table salt containing Dextrose. Both pork and red meat should be avoided on the diet, especially stage 1, because of the ammonia that’s released during the protein breakdown. Ammonia is actually produced by the Candida which helps to create an environment beneficial for the infestation. What does this tell you about ammonia and a Candida treatment?
    In addition, antibiotics and hormones in the feed of the animals end up in the meat that we eat. This can stimulate yeast overgrowth in humans when they eat the products, especially the antibiotics.

2. Cheating- I have a wedding to go to while I’m on Stage 2. Can I have some alcohol? Can I cheat a bit? How much does it affect my treatment?

Reply: Raster’s post said it all; other than the fact that all that cheating accomplishes is to make the treatment longer and the Candida worse.

3. Clarification- Some of the most important things to do are to add daily are lemon water, kefir, probiotics, coconut oil, and oregano oil… all these in Stage 1 and throughout? I’ve been taking probiotics (50billion) for a couple months now, and I also take a multi-vitamin, B-complex, B-12, and Saccharomyces (another probiotic). Are there any other supplements I should add? Do I add the anti-fungals (coconut oil and oregano oil) in Stage 1?

Reply: Can you tell me which multiple vitamin you’re taking as well as the B-complex? Read the following post titled “What vitamins should I take.”
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1062_What-vitamins-should-I-take.aspx
    You don’t want to add an antifungal until you’ve been on the diet for at least two weeks.

4. Stage 1 and 2 should last 7 weeks, correct?

Reply: Raster covered this. The best advice I can offer on this is, don’t make any plans for when you’ll make changes to the treatment; all the changes in the treatment are based on the treatment results up to that time. That’s why there can be no timeline; trying to base the treatment on a timeline for the treatment is the same as saying that everything that happens to a person on the treatment happens at the very same moment. Ridiculous.

5. Are small amounts of goat cheese on Stage 2 okay?

Reply: I covered this earlier today in another post; the one problem with goat’s milk (or cheese) is, it contains nearly the same amount of lactose that cow’s milk does, that means that anyone with Candida overgrowth can have problems with goat’s milk just the same as they can milk. After all, lactose is milk sugar, which is why milk products are avoided on the Candida diet. On the other hand, I would recommend goat’s milk for making kefir ahead of cow’s milk for digestion and other reasons.

6. The longterm- So, I was under the impression that after Stage 2 the Candida should be cleared up, but on the Forum it seems that you should follow the stage 2 diet indefinitely. I can’t image doing this diet indefinitely, it would be too hard for me. I can cut out some things, but I’m not sure if living a life without bread, wine and cheese is worth it. 🙂 How easily does Candida come back?

Reply: Going back on a regular diet too soon is the number one reason that people tell us they’ve suffered from Candida for 5, 10 or 20 years. This goes back to a timeline, you can’t plan when you’ll make a change, and that includes adding new food items and going completely off the diet. Candida comes back extremely easy for an undetermined amount of time for most sufferers.

7. Yesterday I was feeling flu-like symptoms, but the flu is actually going around. Could I experience die-off so quickly?

Reply: Five days is long enough to suffer from die-off. But this really depends on exactly what you’ve been eating.

Die-off Dangers (suggested by Raster) http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst815_Dieoff-Dangers.aspx

If you’ve not already done so, reading the following post offers a lot of advice, some suggestions are the opposite of this website’s suggestions, but tried and true facts all the same.

(Most important one)
    The Site’s Suggestions: http://www.thecandidadie…-SITES-SUGGESTIONS.aspx

Conflicting Information: http://www.thecandidadie…icting-information.aspx

About the Hunger: http://www.thecandidadie…_About-that-Hunger.aspx

General Information: http://www.thecandidadie…ou-Able900-to-help.aspx

Quote: ” If it takes 6-18 months to get rid of Candida, why does this website’s diet say it takes 3 weeks for Stage 1 and 4 weeks for Stage 2?”

Reply: Mainly because, just like medical doctors, this website has no idea of what it takes to cure a Candida albicans infestation.

Can you tell us approximately how long you’ve suffered from Candida as well as the symptoms you were and are experiencing?

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Newbie questions’ is closed to new replies.