Newbie Questions!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Newbie Questions!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cally 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Cally
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

Hi guys

I am new to the forum, but not to the Candida issue! I just have a few questions about the diet and wondered if you would be able to help?

1) I had been following another ‘Candida diet’ (until I stumbled upon this website), where I wasn’t allowed to eat eggs. I have seen that a lot of people on the forums are eating these, so wondered why they were ‘banned’ in the other diet?

2) I didn’t really realise until now that you are unable to eat oats (I have porridge for breakfast every morning!). I have tried to find a replacement that is quick but also filling, are you able to suggest anything? I heard oat bran is OK, but not sure?? I was also eating oatcakes on a daily basis so also need a filling snack!

3) Are wholegrain rice cakes OK? Brown rice is on the ‘foods to eat’ list so I presumed yes.

4) I see ghee in a lot of recipes. I’m not 100% sure what this is, presumably a type of butter, but I see organic butter on the ‘foods to eat’ list so as long as that is definitely OK to eat then I will stick with that as it is easier to find!

5) I have cooked a few things with xylitol, but is this something that is meant for stage 3 or can I eat this in stage 2? Also, I’m presuming baking something once a week with this constitutes an ‘OK’ amount?

6) I know it varies greatly depending on the person and severity etc. but can someone please give me a very rough indication of how long they were on stage 2? I am dying to get back to eating my apples! It just helps a bit when I have a goal to aim for.

7) I have tried cleanses before and have really struggled due to feeling dizzy etc. so I am very reluctant to do one again. Has anyone else had success on the diet without the initial cleanse, or is it fundamental to the whole thing? I am quite happy to do the oil pulling, body brushing etc. and to also drink my morning detox drink, but the rest I find a real struggle.

8) My last question! Sorry you must get a lot of newbie posts! Tomatoes are on the ‘foods to eat’ list, however I have been told by a few people that these aren’t good for candida? any thoughts?

Thank you very much in anticipation of your answers 🙂

Also, can I just say thank you to whoever has made this website, it has already turned out to be a fantastic source of information and so good to hear from others with the same issues!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Cally,

I wouldn’t be too concerned about all of these food lists, the only one I would be concerned about is the forum food list that most of the forum members use. It contains foods that will feed candida less than other foods and bring a general benefit to your overall health.

Oats are midly inflammatory:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/breakfast-cereals/1599/2

Rice is moderately inflammatory:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

Ghee is OK.

Xylitol we don’t recommend; we suggest stevia as an alternative if you can obtain it.

6) We follow different stages on the forum.
    Stage 0: cleanse
    Stage 1: Long term candida diet
    Stage 2: for when you get better and can tolerate more foods
    stage 3: basically a non-candida healthy diet.

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery time, you should start to eat stage 2 foods when you’ve controlled the inflammation and largely destroyed most of the candida.

7) The cleanse is completely optional and doesn’t cure anything.

8) Tomatoes are not on our food list but you can eat them a little more often stage 2/3. If you eat a small amount on each salad per day it shouldn’t be much of a problem.

-raster

Cally

Thanks both for your comments.

I have emailed Able, do you know how long it usually takes to get a response? It’s just that I have been on my ‘diet’ for awhile, but feel that I can’t really start it properly without the best food list to use. Can anyone send the list to me?

I am already taking probiotics etc. but have not really had any die-off symptoms as yet, despite being on the most recent diet for 2 months. I wondered whether this is because I mask them with the other things I am taking, or that the diet etc. is not actually working. I have had a few stomach cramps and sometimes my thrush gets worse, but I wasn’t sure this was due to die-off or not. I read that die-off is usually flu-like symptoms, I have sneezed a few times lol but nothing serious!

dforbreakfast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

PM me your email address and I can forward you what Able sent to me.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is a list on the forum but you will have to look hard for it:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136p12_ALLOWED-FOODS-Candida-Diet.aspx

In one of the replies on page 10/11 there is the old food list. Able refined it a tiny bit removing/adding 3-5 items or so since the post. I haven’t seen his latest updated but it more or less is the same. Its under post #215/216.

-raster

Cally

Thanks both!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Newbie Questions!’ is closed to new replies.