Newbie in need of advice.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Newbie in need of advice.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  nfl jerseys 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ajstowers1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hello everybody, so I was recomended to this site. I have researched on and off about Candida overgrowth problems, symptoms, etc. So ,like all the research I have found, I have been to numerous doctors, all of which tell me my symptoms are all in my head or its just IBS,you need more sleep, your too stressed, etc.
    Well after years of suffering from way to many symptoms to ignure; Here I am, 26yrs old and tired of feeling like i’m dying!!! I’m pretty sure its Candida.
    My symptoms include, kidney disfunction, chest pains, severe nonstop lethargy/fatigue, constant body aches, constant sinus infections, joint pain, constipation, bloating, dizzyness, mental fog, stuttering, inabillity to focus sometimes, problems keeping my bloodsugar regulated (stays to low), as well as other “female” problems.
    I have been trying different holistic things over the years to help with the individual symptoms, until now I have realized that they all maybe connected. So here I am. those are my symptoms. tell me what you think. and where I should start. (I have a full time job that would be hard for me to get time off to do the cleanse. So i’m stumped at where to start since my symptoms have become very, very severe lately.)Thank you 🙂

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

You should see a naturopath or holistic doctor that is well versed in candida and can test you for it. However if you feel you have many of the symptoms, it’s likely you do have candida overgrowth.

You don’t need to do the cleanse, just start on the candida diet and eliminate harmful foods. You may need to take some days off to recover from die-off symptoms, or possible carb/sugar/caffeine withdrawal. Later on you can pick up some good probiotics and antifungals for your journey. Good luck!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

ajstowers1 wrote: I have been trying different holistic things over the years to help with the individual symptoms, until now I have realized that they all maybe connected. So here I am. those are my symptoms. tell me what you think. and where I should start. (I have a full time job that would be hard for me to get time off to do the cleanse. So i’m stumped at where to start since my symptoms have become very, very severe lately.)Thank you 🙂

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Although you certainly aren’t new to Candida or so it sounds. All of your symptoms are classic Candida signs.

Before you start the diet or anything else, go ahead and purchase from a health or vitamin shop something called Molybdenum, this will help you through the die-off stage as well as protect your liver from the toxic waste released by the dying Candida which is what causes the die-off horrors. Start with 125- 250 mcg a day and work your way up to three doses, 250 mcg per day.

As far as the diet is concerned, you’ll want to leave out all of the following:
    Avoid all dairy foods including butter for at least two full weeks. At that time try only Organic Plain (no sugar added) Greek Yogurt, a very small amount such as three teaspoons the first time. Pay attention to see if you receive any Candida reaction symptoms.

Leave out all white flour and wheat products in general including anything with gluten, this is bread, rolls, etc. No cereal or oatmeal.

Leave out red meat and port as long as you can.

No rice, corn or potatoes, eat fresh, green vegetables only.

“Try to purchase organic eggs and make them your main source of protein. Chicken and young fish such as sardines (less mercury if any) are alright on the diet, organic chicken if possible but not absolutely necessary.”

I advise against having meat or fish more than one time a day, stick to organic eggs as much as possible.

No soy products at all, none.

No sugar free gum or candy as it contains sugar alcohols.

Check your toothpaste for sugar alcohols which can feed Candida just the same as regular sugar can. Also, most table salts contain Dextrose which is glucose, a sugar capable of feeding the Candida. Himalayan sea salt which is the purest form of salt with many life-sustaining minerals still intact does not contain added ingredients.

The ingredients in Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste should be alright for Candida sufferers. Amazon carries this brand.

You should know that you need to leave out all soda, diet or otherwise and carbonated drinks even carbonated water.

No fruit or fruit juice other than lemons, but if you have a juicer, you can juice green vegetables and drink this several times a day. Lemons and lemon juice are good detoxing agents, you can have these several times a day.

Leave canned foods out of your diet completely; eat only fresh foods from a local market.

No white distilled vinegar, you can use pure organic apple cider vinegar if you need it.

Drink all the water you can manage as it will help your body keep the toxins moving out. Take a glass to bed with you at night.

You don’t need to start on an antifungal yet, wait a few weeks on the diet to see how things go.

You’ll probably receive die-off reactions from the diet alone, so this is why you need to start the Molybdenum first.

Whatever product or supplement you read about as far as getting rid of the Candida is concerned, run it by the panel here first. Millions of dollars are wasted by consumers every year on products that do absolutely nothing for a Candida infestation.

Questions? Let us know please.

Good luck, Able

coughnonstop
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

It is my 3rd day on the Candida diet and I was under the impression that if I were to follow option 3 of the detox, then I was allowed only raw vegetable salads. But in the Candida recipes, there are some meat and egg which are allowed for stage 1. Very low on energy and would love some advice.

Able900
    Spectator

Taken from my previous post above:

“Try to purchase organic eggs and make them your main source of protein. Chicken and young fish such as sardines (less mercury if any) are alright on the diet, organic chicken if possible but not absolutely necessary.”

You should receive enough protein from the sources named above. Your energy level is low because your body is adjusting to ‘no carbs’ which produces energy, that is, as long as your body is used to using carbohydrates for its energy supply. Eating a LOT of food during the time that your body is adapting to this new diet will help with the energy supply somewhat. The coconut bread will help significantly with the hunger. Eat this at least three times a day in the beginning.

Also, read the post titled “About that Hunger” which explains how Candida itself will causes hunger which is going to be with you for a while until you can lower the number of Candida. The only other way to stop the hunger completely is to reward the Candida by going off the diet.

Able

coughnonstop

Thank you Able, really appreciate your advice.

klr55
    Replies: 1

Hello I am new also and a week into stage one. I have read soy is not allowed on the diet and again on here. I’m curious if Bragg’s liquid aminos is okay bc it is made of soy protein? Also went to the grocery store and bought alot of items that I’m second guessing if they’re okay.

-Bragg’s apple cider vinegar drink (sweetened w/ natural stevia)
    -Tempt milk (hemp milk with the following ingredients I question: brown rice syrup, organic evaporated cane juice, tricalcium phosphate, carrageenan)
    -Chatfield’s Carob powder ( has no coacoa caffeine – just 3 grams of sugar and maufactured on equipment that had milk, soy, wheat, tree nuts and peanuts)
    -Go Raw Ginger Snaps super cookies (only sweetened with organic dates, no sugar added)
    -Bob’s Red Mill Textured Vegetable Protein – 3 grams of sugar
    -Quinoa Inca red
    -Greek Yogurt that has 7 grams of sugar (couldn’t find any with 0!)

If I can’t have any of these in stage one, what stage can I introduce them? Thanks so much for any input!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

ajstowers: try the spit test (do a search on it) to see whether you have candida; this one of the tests you can do on your own.

coughnonstop: meat is allowed but don’t have beef or pork.

pina: good advice about naturopathic doctor; they can get you up to speed on a treatment plan that will help you recover in weeks instead of months.

klr55: bragg’s liquid amino is a good substitute for salad dressing; I personally had a pretty bad reaction to any vinegars, but apple cidar vinegar has many health benefits. I also heard hemp milk is a good alternative to dairy. As far as quinoa, I personally had a bad reaction to it, so maybe save it for phase 2 of diet or atleast eat it sparingly (like 1-2x per week). Reactions to quinoa can vary, but a good substitute is buckwheat. In general, keep sugar intake below 25g a day (its hard to completely eliminate it from everything); this can be like half an apple, one fig, cup of blueberries, etc.

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Hi there.. Sorry I couldn’t help but notice Able – you say that organic chicken isn’t absolutely necessary? I was under the impression that all animal products on the diet had to be organic…? What about the antibiotics/hormones they use?

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: In general, keep sugar intake below 25g a day (its hard to completely eliminate it from everything); this can be like half an apple, one fig, cup of blueberries, etc.

Out of the 26 most popular fruits, figs rank number three for the highest sugar content. They shouldn’t be eaten at all if Candida is present. The lowest are cantaloupe, peaches, and nectarines, with apricots as the lowest.

Able900
    Spectator

Katy Gillett wrote: Sorry I couldn’t help but notice Able – you say that organic chicken isn’t absolutely necessary? I was under the impression that all animal products on the diet had to be organic…? What about the antibiotics/hormones they use?

Hello, Katie. Good to hear from you. How have you been?

It’s difficult for me to tell someone that a particular food item is absolutely necessary unless I know that the person can actually afford the item. I wouldn’t know about prices in the UK, but in the US organic chicken or any other meat is extremely expensive, five to six times the price of regular chicken in some areas.

This is one more reason why I normally suggest that chicken be eaten perhaps only twice a week but only if necessary because of working full time, etc. If a person can afford all organic products, then that’s great, but again, how can you tell someone that they “must” purchase this if they can’t afford it?

Thanks for helping me clarify this, Katy.

Able

coughnonstop

Hi Able,

Was wondering if chickpea flour if suitable for the Candida Diet. I live in Maldives and am unable to find coconut flour. Really appreciate your advice.

Able900
    Spectator

coughnonstop wrote: Was wondering if chickpea flour if suitable for the Candida Diet. I live in Maldives and am unable to find coconut flour. Really appreciate your advice.

Chickpeas are of course a type of bean. Some people may do well with beans (any type) and yet others experience a Candida symptom from them.

What you need to do is gauge your reaction, in other words, treat the flour as a test food. Eat a small amount once, and wait for 48 hours to see if you have a reaction, if you do, wait for at least a week before trying it again.
    The main problem with beans, or products made from beans, concerning Candida is the fairly high carbohydrate count since Candida will feed on the carbs.

You can also mix some milled flax seed with the chickpea flour if it is available in your area.

Able

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Thanks for clearing that up Able. I’ve been ok. Busy! But still sticking to the diet. I’m on 2 probiotics, still 10-12 tsps coconut oil and 5 drops oregano oil a day. Just a quickie – do I need to go up to 3 probiotics a day or should I just keep increasing the oregano oil?

In terms of flour.. milled flaxseed is great for breads! You can make a bread entirely out of that (with eggs, baking soda etc) or you can mix it with another flour. I’ve also discovered hemp seed flour which is great too. I’ve mixed coconut flour (3/4 cup), milled flaxseed/sunflower (1/2 cup) and hemp seed flour (1/2 cup) together with 3 eggs, half a cup of olive oil, 1 tsp cream of tartar, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda, sprinkle of sea salt and some water (until the mixture is pasty and sticks together) and its delicious! Also great with pumpkinseed butter spread on top if you can tolerate it.

Hope that helps! (If you can’t find coconut flour I would suspect milled flaxseed with hemp seed flour would be great too. You can also try buckwheat flour.)

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Katy.

I would increase the probiotic first; this is going to be the supplement that brings your ultimate cure after all.

If you’re on the 50 billion count I would go ahead and raise that to 3 capsules a day. After you complete the bottle (depending on how long that is), I would purchase the 80-billion count and take two of those a day. It may be a little difficult to take 3 separate capsules during a 24 hour period when you should take each on an empty stomach, one hour before meals and two hours after.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Newbie in need of advice.’ is closed to new replies.