newbie – can you plz help me

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions newbie – can you plz help me

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nia 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

candidaliyahn
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

I am not sure that I have candida – the only symptoms that I present with are cravings for sugar (I have constantly snacked on sweets, chocolate, cakes, biscuits etc since I was about 14 – I am now 24) and a coated tongue which gives me bad breath. I was also on antibiotics for acne for about 18 months when I was 15.

I have been trying for years to cure my coated tongue – with no luck. I think I have had a coated tongue for about 6-7 years now. I have only recently stumbled on candida and the candida diet.

For the last week I have cut out all sugar from my diet – no snacks, no alcohol, all I am eating is vegetables (those approved for the diet), eggs, and the occasional bit of salmon or chicken when I get really hungry. As well as loading up on probiotics and natural antifungals.

My question is – considering I only have 2 symptoms – is it unlikely that I have candida? Will the candida diet help to cure my coated tongue? and How long will I have to follow this diet for if it were to cure my tongue – a week in and I have already lost quite a bit of weight (I usually weigh 64kg and I am now down to 60kg).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

The white coating is almost certainly candida. The question is – do you have a candida overgrowth in your gut too. You probably do, given that the white coating on your tongue just won’t go away.

Have you tried tongue scraping and swilling with coconut oil? They will help with the white tongue.

Nia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 46

How do you feel health wise, you may just have a thrush issue?

candidaliyahn
    Participant

I have been using a tongue scraper for the last 4 years, but within 30 mins the coating returns. I have not tried using coconut oil – I will start that today!

I also went to the doctor about it recently and he gave me nystatin oral solution which I took for 7 days but it didn’t do anything to help

candidaliyahn
    Participant

I feel absolutely fine – it is just the coating on my tongue I want to get rid of!

I went to the doctor about it recently and he gave me nystatin oral solution which I took for 7 days but it didn’t do anything to help…

Nia
    Participant

Gargle for 15 minutes with 5 drops of oregano oil and a tablespoon of coconut oil twice a day. I do it in the shower, spit it out into a garbage can. Once the coconut oil cools it solidifies you don’t need that in your drains trust me lol.

That should help.

Do you have issues sleeping?
    Skin rashes?
    Acne?
    Bloating and or constipation?
    Feel lazy or tired?
    Reoccurring vag yeast infection?

These are often overlooked because a person becomes very used to not being in good health, I had no idea how unhealthy I was until I wasn’t anymore and lord the things I went through. Having a yeast infection once year is problem.

candidaliyahn
    Participant

Okay will try the coconut oil and oregano oil!

I sleep fine, no skin rashes or acne, I have always had quite a lot of bloating/ gas, not lazy or tired and never have yeast infections.

That’s why I’m not sure if I have Candida – I only have a few of the symptoms. Is it worth getting tested? I did have an oral swab test for Candida a few years ago and it came back negative

Thanks for your help, I just really want to get my tongue pink again!!

Nia
    Participant

Give the oregano oil and coconut oil a whirl. Get a tongue scraper or toothbrush with one.

Not to sound awkward but you’d be surprised how many people don’t. I hope you brush your tongue when you brush your teeth.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘newbie – can you plz help me’ is closed to new replies.