Newbie and Questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Newbie and Questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tennisgirl 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tennisgirl
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hello,

I’m new to this forum and had a couple of questions. I don;t have major side effects, but always have had fatigue, brain fog, red rash that comes and goes, anxiety, and sensitive stomache. Diagnosed with adrenal fatigue due to having a lot of stress dealing with a special needs and sickly child. Since being diagnosed, my naturopathic doctor put me on a gluten free diet, low sugar, and low caffeine diet. Recently I had some allergies test performed to see if I possibly had other allergies, since my daughter has Celiac and is daily intolerant.

The results came back with high candida albicans, moderate egg yolk allergy, and mild to bakers yeast, millet, egg whites, papaya, banana, cranberry and pecans.

So my question is this. I’m a healthy eater, don’t eat too much processed foods or fast foods. My veggies, chicken, ground beef, rice, corn, and some flours are all organic. My doctor just told me to do a low carb diet and elimate most sugars, but after researching candida, I thought I should do more.

I’ve been following the protocol listed for almost 7 days. I’m noticing that I’m starting to get dry mouth and lower back pain. I don’t think it’s dehydration and have taken 5 ounces of coconut water to add some natural electrolytes. I also take multivitamins, but haven’t introducted the probiotics or antifungal just yet.

Would it be reasonable to think I’m starting the die off this early? I think it’s possible, since I have always eaten clean for the most part. If so, should I start the probiotics now and what about the antifungal?

Please advise when you get a chance. Would love to hear from you.

Cristina

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It could be die-off, but your symptoms don’t sound too strong. Typically you’ll get it once adding in probiotics or antifungals. A general timeline is mentioned within the protocol, so if you follow that, then you should be good to go. I believe it said to add either antifungals or probiotics during week 2.

If you have allergies, you likely have leaky gut which is caused by candida.

A lot of people get die-off with just the diet only after day 1, so it can happen very rapidly.

I would examine whether your diet is strict enough. Corn, rice and beef are not items we eat on the diet (I’d save rice for phase 2 personally). Rice occasionally is OK, but eating it everyday it could set back your recovery.

We have a strict forum food list that most of the forum user’s follow. If you are interested in seeing this list, email able900 for a link.

-raster

tennisgirl
    Participant

Thank you Raster for your reply.

I’m on a strict diet with no rice, beans, potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, beef, etc. I only eat the veggies on the list and eat chicken. I also make pancakes out of almond flour with no sweetener. I use coconut oil and grapeseed oil (is this ok to use)? This morning I had chicken broth with celery and walnuts or almonds. I alternate the nuts.

I’m not a big rice eater, but do like to use brown rice flour to make baked goods at times, but nothing major.

Cristina

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Instead of brown rice flour, I would eat brown rice bran flour. Brown rice flour will feed the candida and isn’t one of the flours the forum users use for baking.

I’d tread very carefully with the nuts or consider not eating them until phase 2. Nuts contain molds which can significantly set back your recovery. Just warning you about the problem; you could find yourself allergic to them after days or weeks eating them everyday.

You can also soak or roast the nuts to kill/remove the mold.

-raster

tennisgirl
    Participant

Never heard of brown rice bran flour, but will look into it. thx

I roast the nuts and keep them in the freezer or refrigerator at all times to avoid the mold issue, so I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Newbie and Questions’ is closed to new replies.