New to this forum – some specific questions regarding testing & diagnosis

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to this forum – some specific questions regarding testing & diagnosis

This topic contains 42 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ReneeVV 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

ReneeVV wrote: I’m sorry, that is incorrect. IgM is indicative of an active or recent infection. IgG suggests a past infection.

Does anyone know how high the Immune Complexes number can go? I’d like to know if my number is one of the highest seen or only somewhat high.

Thanks,
    Renee

Renee,
    I am sorry, you don’t have it clear.

IGG stands for immune globulin G and IGM for immune globulin M.

IGM is produced when the body face a new antigen. It is the first antibody to confront a new infection.
    Overtime, IGM eventually declines and is substituted by IGG that last more longer. This is a natural process.

Elevated IGM indicates a primary or ACTIVE infection.

Elevated IGG indicates a past or CHRONIC infection.

Candida Related Complex is a chronic infection. If you were got this test when you infection began, probably your IGM levels were higher. ( still they are almost borderline )
    It is normal IGM has declined and your test show higher IGG by the time the infection becomes chronic. It doesn’t mean the infection isn’t there. I probably didn’t use the right word when I said active in my first answer.

Anyway, the best value of this test is the immune complexes. As I told you, candida immune complexes in blood only exist when there is fragments of the candida cell wall circulating in the blood.

I hope this help.

Jorge.

ReneeVV
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 21

Now you’re saying basically the same thing I did, only with more detail, so we’re on the same page! However, elsewhere where I’ve read regarding this, no mention is made of IgG possibly indicating a “chronic” infection. Rather, on the http://www.fungusfocus.com website (and elsewhere) it says “IgG antibodies persist for many years after the infection has been cured.” Basically, as you said, the Ig results don’t tell me much, but the immune complexes result does. And that’s a good point that you made regarding my IgM value being borderline. I hadn’t thought about that. But considering I have been sick for more than 7 years, I wouldn’t think that the IgM would still be registering.

At any rate, I would still like to know if my 2.7 immune complex value is considered “off the charts” high or only somewhat high. Has anyone ever had that number be 5? 10? Or is 2.7 about as high as it gets?

And of course, what I’d really like to know (and I know that no one can answer this) is how long do I have to be on this diet and anti-fungals before I even START to feel better, because so far I haven’t had a significant change or improvement.

Renee

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello renee,

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery period to heal from years of abuse and living unhealthy. If you go to a naturopathic doctor, they can heal your organs all at the same time (or holistically) and get you up to speed faster. It’ll cost more money of course.

If you do the website’s diet and not our strict diet, plan on a much much longer recovery time, maybe as long as double the amount of time it takes to heal. Its hard to say how long it’ll take but you likely have a slightly damaged liver, kidneys, adrenals, thyroid, etc. (which everyone has).

I’ve been on the diet for over a year and can eat just about anything I want to without repurcussions. I am still healing so I am still doing the strict diet and spending a ton of money.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant

ReneeVV wrote: Now you’re saying basically the same thing I did, only with more detail, so we’re on the same page! However, elsewhere where I’ve read regarding this, no mention is made of IgG possibly indicating a “chronic” infection. Rather, on the http://www.fungusfocus.com website (and elsewhere) it says “IgG antibodies persist for many years after the infection has been cured.” Basically, as you said, the Ig results don’t tell me much, but the immune complexes result does. And that’s a good point that you made regarding my IgM value being borderline. I hadn’t thought about that. But considering I have been sick for more than 7 years, I wouldn’t think that the IgM would still be registering.

At any rate, I would still like to know if my 2.7 immune complex value is considered “off the charts” high or only somewhat high. Has anyone ever had that number be 5? 10? Or is 2.7 about as high as it gets?

And of course, what I’d really like to know (and I know that no one can answer this) is how long do I have to be on this diet and anti-fungals before I even START to feel better, because so far I haven’t had a significant change or improvement.

Renee

Renee,
    If I were in your position, I weren’t worried about the numbers regarding to the complexes. You have a positive test and also classic symptoms of Candida Related Complex. You are one of the few fortunate to have this test done. I am convinced you have this syndrome. I have seen some test results similar to your from other candida sufferers and never the number go so high, still they are positive.

You should concentrate in a program to be eradicating the overgrowth and to recover.

Nobody knows how fast you will respond and what is going to be effective for you.

Most of the time, people adjust the program during the journey to what best work for them.

Jorge.

ReneeVV
    Participant

Raster:

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t know if I can survive 6-18 months (or double that) on rabbit food! …But I guess I don’t have a choice, do I? I’m somewhat straddling the two diets — e.g. I’m eating nuts like the website’s diet, but not brown rice — but I’m leaning mostly to the website’s. I can’t restrict protein sources to the extent of the strict diet or I’ll go insane and start gnawing the furniture or worse. I cannot live on primarily leafy greens (since most of the so-called “vegetables” are really lettuce-type leafy greens). I’ve eaten eggplant and asparagus so often for the last month I’m starting to get sick of them. I pour either coconut or olive oil over almost everything.

Wow! You think you’re still healing after a whole year on the strict diet! I hear you about spending a ton of money too. I’ve been doing that for seven years and I can’t work!

Jorge:

Thanks also for your reply.

That’s interesting that you say you haven’t seen anyone else with an Immune Complex result as high as mine (if I understood you correctly).

Renee

ReneeVV
    Participant

Raster:

I forgot a strict diet question I wanted to ask: why is it okay to try an apricot on the diet when all other fruit is forbidden? What is special about apricots? Don’t they have fructose in them?

Renee

dvjorge
    Participant

ReneeVV wrote: Raster:

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t know if I can survive 6-18 months (or double that) on rabbit food! …But I guess I don’t have a choice, do I? I’m somewhat straddling the two diets — e.g. I’m eating nuts like the website’s diet, but not brown rice — but I’m leaning mostly to the website’s. I can’t restrict protein sources to the extent of the strict diet or I’ll go insane and start gnawing the furniture or worse. I cannot live on primarily leafy greens (since most of the so-called “vegetables” are really lettuce-type leafy greens). I’ve eaten eggplant and asparagus so often for the last month I’m starting to get sick of them. I pour either coconut or olive oil over almost everything.

Wow! You think you’re still healing after a whole year on the strict diet! I hear you about spending a ton of money too. I’ve been doing that for seven years and I can’t work!

Jorge:

Thanks also for your reply.

That’s interesting that you say you haven’t seen anyone else with an Immune Complex result as high as mine (if I understood you correctly).

Renee

No, no I didn’t mean that.
    I mean the numbers I remember are similar to your. I have never seen results with numbers higher than 50 if I remember well.

Jorge.

ReneeVV
    Participant

dvjorge wrote:
    No, no I didn’t mean that.
    I mean the numbers I remember are similar to your. I have never seen results with numbers higher than 50 if I remember well.

Jorge.

Wow! If you’ve actually seen people have a result of 50 and I only have 2.7, that doesn’t sound like I am STRONGLY positive!

Renee

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I didn’t come up with the strict food list, able did; I eat some items that are not on the list. Its all about coming up with a diet that works best for you, your lifestyle, and food allergies.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

ReneeVV wrote: why is it okay to try an apricot on the diet when all other fruit is forbidden? What is special about apricots? Don’t they have fructose in them?

Apricots are the one exception to the otherwise ‘no fruits’ aspect of the stricter diet. Out of 26 different fruits, which includes pears, cherries, apples, blueberries, peaches, bananas, kiwi, watermelon, strawberries, blackberries, plums, orange, raspberries, and even grapefruit, apricots are the only fruit which contains less than one gram of fructose per 100 grams of fruit.

As far as the benefits of apricots are concerned, they contain plentiful amounts of f Vitamins A, C, E, potassium, and other minerals as well as being a great source of beta-carotene. Two to three apricots will give you nearly 50% of your daily value of Vitamin A.

The standard and generally unspoken rule about any diet should be; any food on the diet that you don’t agree with, simply avoid it.

Able

ReneeVV
    Participant

Able900 wrote: Apricots are the one exception to the otherwise ‘no fruits’ aspect of the stricter diet. Out of 26 different fruits, which includes pears, cherries, apples, blueberries, peaches, bananas, kiwi, watermelon, strawberries, blackberries, plums, orange, raspberries, and even grapefruit, apricots are the only fruit which contains less than one gram of fructose per 100 grams of fruit.

Able

I did not know that! That’s great to know. They sure taste like they would be as sweet as some other fruits, such as peaches, apples, or pears.

Thanks,
    Renee

garrus
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9

Hey ReneeVV,

When you ordered that test, did you have to go to a lab at all? Or did they just send you something and you send them back something? I’m confused on how it works and want to order the same one. Thanks!

ReneeVV
    Participant

garrus wrote: Hey ReneeVV,

When you ordered that test, did you have to go to a lab at all? Or did they just send you something and you send them back something? I’m confused on how it works and want to order the same one. Thanks!

I went to the hospital to have a “complimentary blood draw.” There are instructions with the kit to give to the phlebotomist (has to be centrifuged for 30 minutes, etc.). Then you take the samples, package them up, and ship them to the lab.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘New to this forum – some specific questions regarding testing & diagnosis’ is closed to new replies.