New to this forum and confused

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to this forum and confused

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Andy44
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Not sure if this is where to post? Basically ive had reaccuring yeast infections for a while now. I have been on a sugar and yeast free diet for 9 days and doing ok but I am still eating brown rice and potatoes. I have been told to give them up but I really dont want to lose the weight. I am happy at the weight I am at now. If there was a way to kick the carbs into touch and not lose the weight I would def do it, does anybody know of a way? Also, will I heal whilst continueing to eat brown rice and potatoes. I am taking coconut oil as an antifungal and 5000 mil of vitamin c a day to help.

GK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Hi Andy,

I have been suffering from candida intestinal infestation for about 2 years now. Just been on the diet for a month and feeling about 50% better.

I think potatoes are not a good idea because they have lots of starch that will feed the candida. The only carb I am taking now is brown rice. I have lost about 1 kg since last month.

I really can’t think of any other thing you can eat to keep your weight up (maybe taking more meals in a day).

All the best.

Andy44

Hi Gk

Thanks for the reply. Sorry you are suffering too but glad you are feeling 50% better!
    I think I could cut out the potatoes and still eat brown rice, would be a struggle though, Im 9 days into the diet and am absolutely starving! The thing that gets me the most is theres no food to look forward to, its depressing me but at the same time I know I need to do something about it :/

GK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Hi Andy,

Yes, the diet is very limited but it will get your infestation cured….it will take time though (between 6-18 months). You might want to try some Rutabaga instead of potatoes.

Rutabaga has starch, but it is also an anti-fungal. Try it in small amounts first because it can cause a bad die-off in large amounts. You can read more about it on this same website.

Hang in there.

Andy44

Thats great 🙂 Going to check out Rutabaga now.. thanks GK

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Andy44;51688 wrote: Hi Gk

Thanks for the reply. Sorry you are suffering too but glad you are feeling 50% better!
    I think I could cut out the potatoes and still eat brown rice, would be a struggle though, Im 9 days into the diet and am absolutely starving! The thing that gets me the most is theres no food to look forward to, its depressing me but at the same time I know I need to do something about it :/

Try the coconut bread recipe. It’s filling and if you add cinnamon and stevia, it’s also quite tasty. I practically live on this stuff:

Coconut bread

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A good replacement item for rice is buckwheat groats which has similar texture and taste as rice. Other versions of rice that have greater nutritional properties include wild, black, and red rice.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New to this forum and confused’ is closed to new replies.