New to this and need some help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to this and need some help!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

le823
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi, I’ve been suffering from chronic thrush for 3 years now and am getting desperate. My doctors keep prescribing me fluconazole but it isn’t helping so taking matters into my own hands and seeing if a change in diet might be the answer. I don’t drink an unhealthy amount, but when I do drink, whisky is my choice – could this have an effect? Figure that you guys are going to know much more than me – any help would be massively appreciated. Thank you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well I have a strict food list and I would recommend starting with this when you start the diet. You’ll also need a wide variety of supplements and this is where everything gets expensive.

The Rx drugs only work when used long term or when used in conjunction with the diet or other supplements. My naturopath thinks it makes the yeast go deeper in the body, making it harder to kill.

Whiskey is not recommended on the diet because your liver health is important.

-raster

le823
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Such a shame – I do love whisky but have noticed the thrush gets worse if I’ve had a few drinks. Where did you start with the whole diet bit? Did you see someone about it, trial and error or loads of internet research like me? Thanks so much for your help! Good to know I’m not alone in this 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New to this and need some help!’ is closed to new replies.