New to the Forum, and Candida. Liquid meal replacement?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals New to the Forum, and Candida. Liquid meal replacement?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BethanyAlaska
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Hi,

Chiropractor has indicated I need to do the Candida diet, and after reading more I am amazed that it covers all of my symptoms that I thought were otherwise unrelated. I have basically been sick since I had my twin girls two and a half years ago. For the first year and a half I thought it was just sleep deprivation, the stress of emigrating (moved from the UK to AK) etc. Then started trying to find the root cause and met a lot of dead ends, thought it might be iron or vit d deficiencies, then food allergies. Then I started having liver problems and the Chiropractor mentioned leaky gut and asked whether I struggled with yeast infections. I think we might have found the answer! I’m trying to learn and plan how to do this properly, and have a few questions.

I have bilateral joint disease in my jaw joints, as well as displaced discs and hair line fractures. Very painful. To keep it under control I do a largely liquid based diet. If it isn’t liquid it has to be soft, mushy etc. To maintain my weight and stay healthy I rely largely on a product made by Garden of Life, Raw meal replacement powder which I mix up with soy or almond milk. Looking at the ingredients, it has 7g of sugar in, and a host of foods that I shouldn’t be having on a Candida diet, powdered berries, rice flour, bean sprouts, the list goes on.

http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Foundational-Nutrition/RAW-Meal.aspx

Would it be possible to still heal my gut while using the meal replacement? Or has anyone come across a liquid meal replacement which is suited to the Candida diet?

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Candida-Vegetarian-Capsules/dp/B0044AJURQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Would this product my Garden of Life, Raw Candida Cleanse, be a good pro biotic to use? If not is there one people would specifically recommend? I haven’t taken any probiotics before. I take calcium supplements with added vitamin D. And the Chiropractor recommended Niacin. On top of that I was planning to add magnesium and potassium supplements as I know I’m deficient in these. Is there anything else that I should be taking? Have been reading the forum for a few days and it seems that most people are taking a lengthy list of supplements?

I’d be grateful for any other information you think might be helpful as I start out. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Sounds like you have a great chiropractor ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New to the Forum, and Candida. Liquid meal replacement?’ is closed to new replies.