New to the candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice New to the candida diet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sariebeth
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello, I am getting ready to start the Candida Diet. I am confused on what all I can eat I understand that it is gluten free, sugar free, white flour free and I am only allowed green apples and berries once a day and root veggies and starch veggies in moderation and I should focus on organic range free meats and organic veggies. is there a place on this forum where we can share recipes or meal ideas because I am struggling. Thank you!!

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

We actually DO have a recipe section!

And I believe there is also one on The Candida Diet website as well 🙂

Basically if you follow the list of do’s and dont’s on the website, you will eventually get there.

Some people have good results going stricter, but my experience is that my candida got worse when I went strict (not enough carbs and calories to meet the needs of my immune system and the candida thrived).

This is only a struggle until you familiarize yourself with the world of veggies, because honestly, there are only hundreds of ideas for meals to choose from, and none of them have to include pasta,rice,or bread 🙂

BTW, you *will* get there….Im hesitant to say im cured but I had an excellent week so far, and it included fruit, brownies and sugared-lemonade….so im getting there 😀

Sariebeth
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank you so Much I will check out the recipe section, I am sure this forum is going to be a huge support and help to me as I start this journey. Thanks again.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Sariebeth;56567 wrote: Hello, I am getting ready to start the Candida Diet. I am confused on what all I can eat I understand that it is gluten free, sugar free, white flour free and I am only allowed green apples and berries once a day and root veggies and starch veggies in moderation and I should focus on organic range free meats and organic veggies. is there a place on this forum where we can share recipes or meal ideas because I am struggling. Thank you!!

There are different diets available. The most popular is the more strict diet, which most people follow.
    It only includes a strict amount of veggies/meat. See the safe food list. Fruits are not allowed on the strict diet.
    Personally I’d advise against the strict diet for the ones that haven’t tried anything yet. Try to eat as healthy as possible for a few weeks and combine it with antifungals. If the problem solves itself this way, you are better off than doing the strict diet. If it doesn’t, then you have to start the strict diet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend a stage 3 diet first, then stage 2, then stage 1 for a long period of time and then back through the stages later in time. Basically stage 3 allows seeds, nuts, and fruit, stage 2 is no fruit (but seeds and nuts) and stage 1 is no seeds, no nuts, and no fruit.

This is the recipes section:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_topics6_Candida-Food-and-Recipes.aspx

The diet by itself likely won’t cure you, the x-factor in most treatments is the supplements they take. Try not to overdo anything at first. Keep in mind that the more antifungals you take the more die-off you’ll get.

Also, come up with a detox plan before starting if possible…this is essential to do this safely imho.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New to the candida diet’ is closed to new replies.