New to group…have questions and having severe issues

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to group…have questions and having severe issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

juliekathryn20
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Hi Everyone! This is my first post on the forum, so please forgive me if this is a repeat. I have read through many posts, but need to find the time to read a lot more! I started having a severe sore throat about 6 weeks ago; was allergy tested & tested for strep…both negative. I had bloodwork done and nothing came back positive, suggesting my body is not fighting an infection. I have taken about 6 rounds of antibiotics since April and I think I have a candida problem. My other symptoms are: white coating on tongue, gi issues, flu-like symptoms. A friend of mine suggested candida, which I had never heard of (other than a vaginal infection…which I don’t have). She is very knowledgable about candida and owns a health food store, so she put me on a regimen for 3 weeks. Here is what I have been doing since 10/28/12.
    1. Can-Sol – 1 dropper in the am on an empty stomach, 1 dropper in the pm on an empty stomach.
    2. Candidase – 2 capsules on an empty stomach in the am
    3. A diet consisting of fresh veggies, chicken, some steak, almonds & green teas.
    4. Pau D’Arco tea twice daily
    5. water
    I have been very strict about NOT having sugar, fruit or anything with gluten. I am feeling worse every day. I realize that it could be the candida dying off, but how long should I expect to get worse? Am I supposed to be rotating the Can-Sol, Candidase & tea with other things (coconut oil, garlic, oil of oregano extract….)? How long should I contine with these treatments? Do I need a medicine such as Diflucan or a mouth rinse from my family doctor? I would really appreciate any advice and guidance you can give me!!! I have lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks and I can’t afford to do that bc I’m only 112 pounds. I’ve lost half of my pay and been demoted to part time bc I’m so sick all of the time. PLEASE help me!!!!
    Julie

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is your diet like?

What are you taking to protect your liver and kidneys from die-off toxins?

Are you eating beef steak? This shouldn’t be eaten on the diet…almonds also can be problematic because they contain molds which can feed candida which is a fungi.

What probiotics are you taking?

Have you seen our forum protocol?
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

juliekathryn20
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Raster,

Thank you for responding! Able emailed me and gave me the links. I am still reading everything. The diet that I’ve been on for 2 weeks consists of:

When I wake up:
    1 dropper of Can-Sol
    2 tablets of Candidase

About an hour later:
    probiotic

Breakfast:
    scrambled eggs
    raw veggies (lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)

Lunch:
    1 tablet Caprylic Acid
    Salad (same veggies as above + onions and peppers) with sugar free italian dressing
    green tea
    miso soup

Snack:
    Almond butter
    Pau D Arco tea
    garlic hummus with raw veggies

Dinner:
    Salad
    fish (haddock or talapia) OR chicken

After dinner:
    1 dropper of Can-Sol

Before bed:
    probiotic

I take 2 tbsp. of coconut oil every day too. I have had beef steak twice in the past 2 weeks, but I can stop that. I just feel like I need some energy and protein since I’m wasting away. Can I eat ground beef? The probiotics I’m taking are Kirkman Pro-Bio Gold and Klaire Labs Ther-Biotic Complete.
    http://klaire.com/prod/proddetail.asp?id=V775-06
    http://pureformulas.com/probio-gold-60-capsules-f-by-kirkman.html
    Is there a different one I should be taking?

I’m not taking anything for my liver and kidneys. What should I take and at what time of day do I take it?

Since my friend put me on this regimen and I had no clue about any of this, I’m not sure if what I’ve been doing the past 2 weeks has made things worse for me or not. Obviously cutting out sugars, fruit and gluten is killing the yeast, but I don’t know how to combine the forum protocol with what I’ve been doing? At this point, what do I need to do??

Thank you!!
    Julie

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would alter your diet further to match the allowed foods list. I would take as much liver supplements as possible; milk thistle and molybdenum are the two we recommend the most. There are many other liver supplements out there such as dandelion extract, etc. Dr. Mcoombs recommends sweating out the toxins which can completely reduce die-off.

Here are some important posts to reduce die-off and thus make you feel better:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2981_DieOff-Without-Molybdenum.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3012_Possible-alternative-to-molybdenum–Juniper-Berry-Extract.aspx

I would avoid eating beef completely indefinitely. Also it appears you are not eating enough food so I would try out some of the recipes in the forum food list such as the coconut bread or teff bread. I would aim for 3-4 course meals if possible. You need to feel really full like thanksgiving every meal.

I would check out the vitamins link and get some solgar, thorne, nature’s way, integrative thereaputics, or swansons brand of vitamins (or other ones that seem high quality)…some contain maltodextron and other additives that can set back your treatment and thats why we recommend these brands.

If you experience flu-like symptoms this is die-off.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New to group…have questions and having severe issues’ is closed to new replies.