New to Forum and my little bit of input

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to Forum and my little bit of input

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hazcam 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hazcam
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi every Im Haze and im from Australia my journey has been long and hard but when I stumbled on the candida diet all my prayers were answered. My symptoms healed I could finally get through the day without vaginal discomfort!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I combined the IC diet IC diet and the candida diet it was hard but I managed and it I wouldn’t say cured by it changed my symptoms dramatically I have since been told that a lot of suffers of IC also suffer candida. I also found cutting down on gluten has helped. So basically I’m allergic to food LOL but amazingly I do find foods to eat!

I would just like to add a few foods that are on the lists of both these diets that have affected me and still do.

White bread is a big no for me actually just about any bread or food containing wheat and yeast!

Milk the only milk that I seem to tolerate is lactose free

LEMONS and AVOCADODO these are huge no no’s for me I cant have either of them.

CRANBERRY in any form is also a big no no this shocked me as I was drinking cranberry juice everyday as we have always been told cranberry is great for the urinary tract.Which I thought was helping ease my symptoms of feeling like I need to go to the toilet all the time.

As a rule I don’t have any vinegar based products.

I find it really interesting how different foods affect different people no one is the same when it comes to these intolerance and it seems its all trial and error even after 4 years I still have flair up’s and think hmm what brought that on!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

hazcam;31233 wrote: LEMONS and AVOCADODO these are huge no no’s for me I cant have either of them.

There is no reason for anyone to avoid these two items unless they find that they are allergic to them. Sorry, but I just wanted to make this clear for the new members who are perhaps just starting the diet.

Able

hazcam
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Able900;31251 wrote:

LEMONS and AVOCADODO these are huge no no’s for me I cant have either of them.

There is no reason for anyone to avoid these two items unless they find that they are allergic to them. Sorry, but I just wanted to make this clear for the new members who are perhaps just starting the diet.

Able

sorry but I was not saying for people not to have them I was just saying what works and what doesn’t work for ME……so maybe people who are still struggling might like to try another idea! I was basically just telling my story in short form

I had symptoms of burning/ itching/pain inside and outside my vagina for over 4 years I tried medications and then finally when my doctor was at a loss after a summer of hardly being able to walk I looked at these symptoms and diet. I first went of gluten, wheat and yeast free found some ease in my symptoms I then found the IC web site and followed its diet again more ease came and then I found Candida after my sister mentioned she has it for years and a gluten intolerance. I followed all 3 diets with variation on what I found had previously worked and not worked and I’m almost symptom free.

I really feel its trial and error for everyone and no two people are the same. I find for myself that the previous mentioned, vinegar, lemon and avocado are huge NO NO’s for me! the minute I have them I burn and cramp up in my pelvic area (I loved avocados) so my body obviously doesn’t like acidic items! I also cant eat citrus fruit, I cant eat a lot of fruits!I cant eat cheeses. I cant have the cranberry juice in liquid or tablet form which again I was having loads of as it was something I was told was good for me but turns out its not.

But as I said these were just things that i found for myself which took a lot of trial and elimination by combing all diets and me knowing my body I was only offering another idea to others who like me have gone on all diets and still struggled…..everyone is different thats what makes forums so great everyone has a story to tell that is similar but often not the same!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New to Forum and my little bit of input’ is closed to new replies.