New to diet and concerned

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to diet and concerned

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cowgirl2195 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Cowgirl2195
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Hi. This is my 2nd week of phase 1. I had slip last week when I didn’t plan ahead so starting over I guess. Anyway, my question is I get really nauseous every day and feel really drained like I have the flu. I just got vitamin c burdock and molybdenum which I’ve been taking with raw garlic water. 1 clove of garlic. I am also on Claritin for my allergies and a generic Effexor antidepressant. Is it ok to take these while on the diet? Is there anything you can suggest to help nauseous is pretty bad and having trouble sleeping now. I want to stay on this diet because I know it will be worth it but it is hard to go to work feeling so bad. Please help!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Which diet are you on, the forum’s or the one on the website?

The diet which the members use is this one posted on the forum:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Our protocol is located here:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

You’re experiencing die-off symptoms caused by the toxins of dying Candida. Nausea and feeling like you have the flu are just two of the many symptoms of this.
    How long have you been taking Molybdenum, and how much are you taking in a day’s time?
    You can try another supplement which will help as well; it’s called Candidate made by Native Remedies and sold on their website.

Are you doing the cleanse or just the diet?

Able

Cowgirl2195

I started on the very strict diet part of cleanse I found on the web site. Today I found the forums and I am so thankful. I have already learned a lot. I’m confused why some start from stage 3 and work backward but I will read your links and will start over on the forums diet. I just got thr molybdenum today actually and it is 500 mg. guess I should take it once a day? I believe I probably have candida pretty bad because I was living off of caffeine sugar and breads. I also have bad sinus problems so had to take a lot of antibiotics too. Any idea if antidepressant are bad for candida? I can wein off of it if needed. I want to get off anyways but wasn’t sure if I should wait since these side effects are pretty bad already.

Cowgirl2195

Sorry I also wanted to add I was thinking of starting the cleanse next few days as I need to go back to health food store. I admit I waited to start the cleanse because I thought it might be easier to slowly start the diet and then the cleanse but I don’t know if that actually makes any difference. If you think the candidate is good to take in place of or in addition to what I am currently taking then I will get it too. I’m sorry if I’m too wordy just trying to be thorough. You are such a blessing to me thank you so much for responding.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I think any toxic drug is going to set you back in the long run – part of the protocol is detoxifying toxins. Have you looked up long-term complications of your antidepressant anywhere? I take it your doctor offered you a total of zero alternatives before prescribing a toxic symptom-suppressor? There are a number of natural things you can take to help balance your brain chemistry.

5-HTP is a naturally occurring amino acid that’s been shown to combat depression as effectively as some antidepressant drugs, and is available cheaply as a supplement. Supplementation of omega-3 oils has also been shown to be as effective as the likes of Prozac. The reason they’re effective is because they play a real, natural role in maintaining balanced brain chemistry in healthy individuals; synthetic drugs aim to artificially interfere with a natural process to suppress a symptom, poisoning you in the process.

I don’t know about the particular drugs you’re taking, and I’m sure you could find many other useful things in addition to 5-HTP and omega-3 (these are just two things I happened to hear about), so instead of taking my recommendations, I hope you feel confident enough to explore your options, do some research, and bring about positive changes in your own health through primary health care – not the disease management your doctor is offering you.

Also, if you haven’t tried anything psychological to improve your mental state, I really recommend reading a book on mindfulness. It’s pretty much just learning to be aware of your thought patterns and what’s going on inside your head, and there’s an increasing amount of scientific research backing its effectiveness. It’s really something everyone should know how to do in this day and age. I was able to eliminate much of my stress, agitation, negativity and generally calm my over-active mind in just a few weeks.

Cowgirl2195

Thank you for the advice. I do want to get off my antidepressant. I was prescribed a few years ago when I didn’t care about my health or anything else for that matter. I have changed much since then and want to take control of my health so I will continue to research to see what is best for me. I was concerned about seeing this 5 htp several times in the forum so I did look it up and was a little worried about what I found on WEBMD. It said it is currently considered unsafe and not to take it. Might want to pass along for now to help others not get sick trying to get better…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I just got the molybdenum today actually and it is 500 mg. guess I should take it once a day?

Is it 500 mg or 500 mcg? Once or twice a day is fine providing it’s mcg’s and not mg’s. Do you have the liquid or pill form?

I believe I probably have candida pretty bad because I was living off of caffeine sugar and breads. I also have bad sinus problems so had to take a lot of antibiotics too. Any idea if antidepressant is bad for candida? I can wein off of it if needed.

Effexor may be a bit difficult to wean away from. If you want to, you could ask your doctor to prescribe one that may be easier to wean from. But if you decide to lessen the amounts you’re now taking and become extremely sick to your stomach, raise the amount again and speak with your doctor about the matter.
    In addition, don’t try to wean from it until you’ve been on the Molybdenum for at least a week as it can possibly help with the process.

I want to get off anyways but wasn’t sure if I should wait since these side effects are pretty bad already.

Actually you may want to wait a few weeks and then reduce it extremely slowly if at all, as the infestation and treatment is going to be rather trying on your body as well as your mind. As soon as the Molybdenum begins to work, you should see a difference in the die-off.

If you think the candidate is good to take in place of or in addition to what I am currently taking then I will get it too.

You don’t want to take Candidate in place of the Molybdenum, but if your die-off symptoms become extremely difficult, this supplement will be of great help for immediate relief. On the other hand, Molybdenum will help more by removing the toxins from the liver and other organs.

I’m sorry if I’m too wordy just trying to be thorough. You are such a blessing to me thank you so much for responding.

Don’t worry about being “wordy” as we prefer to have the entire story instead of just a part.

(5htp) …worried about what I found on WEBMD. It said it is currently considered unsafe and not to take it. Might want to pass along for now to help others not get sick trying to get better…

You might consider the comments made by the users of 5htp (the voice of experience). I myself used it for 6 months straight during my treatment to help with sleep. I never experienced any problems whatsoever.
    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientreview-794-5-HTP.aspx?drugid=794&drugname=5-HTP
    I suggest that you also find another supplement called Ashwaganda which will help with your moods and with your sleep as well. Since you seem to trust WebMD, Ashwaganda is mentioned in paragraph number 16 of the following article.
    http://women.webmd.com/features/21-ways-to-boost-energy
    As far as possible side-effects are concerned, I can give a list of the “possible” side effects of every herb, vitamin, and supplement on the market. If we follow the advice of side-effect warnings, we’d end up without a single supplement to use in our treatment.
    Something to think about:
    Even though warnings claim that 5-HTP should be used with a peripheral decarboxylase inhibitor (PDI), newer research discovered that 5-HTP is more effective without a PDI supplement; plus, less serious and fewer side effects occur without the PDI effect. This is saying that the majority of side effects from 5-HTP take place when it’s combined with a PDI. Therefore, this research and scientific literature doesn’t support claims that 5-HTP is neither safe nor effective.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote: As far as possible side-effects are concerned, I can give a list of the “possible” side effects of every herb, vitamin, and supplement on the market. If we follow the advice of side-effect warnings, we’d end up without a single supplement to use in our treatment.
    Something to think about:
    Even though warnings claim that 5-HTP should be used with a peripheral decarboxylase inhibitor (PDI), newer research discovered that 5-HTP is more effective without a PDI supplement; plus, less serious and fewer side effects occur without the PDI effect. This is saying that the majority of side effects from 5-HTP take place when it’s combined with a PDI. Therefore, this research and scientific literature doesn’t support claims that 5-HTP is neither safe nor effective.

This is a good point. The terrible side effects of drugs don’t seem to be emphasised very much when the doctor reaches for his prescription pad, but when it comes to any sort of natural remedy, anything that gives you as much as a dry mouth should be avoided like the plague.

Research also needs to be carefully evaluated unless we can believe the “proof” that stevia was harmful a few decades ago, just as the neurotoxic artificial sweetener industry was on the rise. The fact that money and politics are more important than health nowadays really makes me lose faith in the world. At least we can take solace in places like this that help us take some responsibility for ourselves.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I take amytriptaline for chronic insomnia and am planning on stopping this after I quit smoking. It definitely could be causing some of my health problems and feel that pharmies are not good in general for someone’s long term health.

-Raster

Cowgirl2195

Sorry for delay long day at work. I checked my molybdenum and it is 500 mcg. I’m pretty clueless for the dosage so what would the difference be? Like if I had a bad day would the max that you recommend be 2 or 3? I am new to the forums but I did see recommending all these vitamins. Should they be started from day one? Also I have pretty sensitive stomach and in past cant hardly tolerate daily vitamins. Are these easy on the stomach or would you break it up some in morning some at night? Since I was eating a lot of tomatoes without knowing they were bad I’m going to start cleanse part over. Is it ok to drink my lemon water with raw garlic vitamin c burdock and milk thistle all combined? I was doing that last week just once a day but not much lemon added. ok think that is all my questions for now. Thanks doesn’t begin to describe how happy I am for the support and help I have found on this forum. But it is all I know so from the bottom of my heart, thank you and may God bless you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New to diet and concerned’ is closed to new replies.