New To Candida Diet and Plan

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New To Candida Diet and Plan

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bminetree
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello, I am brand new to this Candida thing and the diet. There are so many different supplements and plans it’s all so confusing. Here are a few questions I need answers to, hoping you all can help:

1) What supplements should I take? At what dosage? What brand of probitoics is the best?
    2) Where can I find a specific diet plan including recipes?
    3) Do I really have to quit coffee? 🙂
    4) How long will this take?

p.s. I have heart palpitations and IBS so I cant take anything that messes w/ your heart rhythm.

Any advice is appreciated!! Also, never used a forum before so not sure abt where to post stuff yet. Thanks!!

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

Welcome to the forum !

The Recipes are all available on the forum but some of the stuff is not for Stage 1 so be careful.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

To answer your questions:

1) A good naturopath can devise a set of supplements that are best for you and your symptoms. However if you do things the treat yourself route, you’ll need to spend quite a bit typically for supplements and it should vary person to person. The basics to any anti-candida protocol are antifungals, probiotics, and vitamins/nutritional supplements. We have a list of vitamins on the sticky tab at the top and these are also mentioned in the protocol. Its best to get food derived vitamins/supplements because you’ll body will better utilize them.

2) Able created a good general strict forum diet. Email him for a link. This should only be followed strictly for stage 1-2 and you should build on it over time as you get better.

3) You should quit coffee because it drains your adrenals which you need for your immune system. Additionally, coffee is highly acidic which benefits the yeast and its also highly inflammatory. If you have inflammation then the yeast will find places to live in your gut easily.

4) I tell most forum members to plan on a 6-18 month recovery time to get over candida overgrowth. If you have a severe overgrowth like I do, then it likely will take quite a bit longer to reach a cure. This is why it might be a good idea to consult a good naturopath because it could save you time, money, and effort.

PS) Well your heart palpitations are likely to increase as you take antifungals and go through die-off. Don’t worry though because they should go away completely within a few months from my experience. A way to reduce the stress on your body is to detox the toxins via the skin (sauna) and to support your liver with liver supplements. If the toxins continuously recycle within the body, then you won’t feel better and your heart palpitations will continue.

-raster

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

If you’re anything like me, you’ll jump into things too quickly without having a clear understanding of what is going to happen in your body and what supplements and foods will lessen the side effects most effectively. Since you have heart palpitations (which may well be a benign but disturbing side effect of the candida — mine were — or something more serious) you should go slowly with the first goal of protecting your body’s various systems.

The very first step, prior to making any changes in your diet or taking any probiotics or anti-fungals, is to start helping your liver out. Your liver has been struggling to detox your body from the byproducts of candida for a very long time and is probably overly taxed. Chelated molybdenum is the first supplement to use and the recommended dosage and stepping up of the dosage is in the protocol. Nettle leaf supplements or tea is also protective of the liver. Milk thistle is the third supplement that helps your liver do it’s job. In addition, there are practices that can help your body clear the metabolic waste products of candida (which it releases when it lives and overgrows inside you and when it dies off. Once you start taking anti-fungals, you will notice an increase in certain symptoms that are called die-off or Herxheimer reaction.)

After 3 days on the liver-supporting supplements, you can start modifying your diet. There is an initial cleanse that some people have done in an effort to get the fastest improvement of their symptoms but it is not necessary to do for the success of the protocol.

There is wildly varying advice on the internet regarding what is safe to eat on a candida diet. There’s also many, many stories of people following various diets and not getting better. There are quite a few success stories on this forum of people who have controlled and/or cleared their infestations. The strict diet is designed to reduce the populations of candida in your gut and to give your digestive tract the rest it needs to heal from the leaky gut/IBS symptoms that often accompany candida infestations. The vast majority of us are juggling multiple issues by the time we make it to this forum and it takes quite a while to unwind the various dysfunctions and get the body on the road to healing. The strict diet is quite strict for the first 12 days — organic eggs, green veggies and approved fats only during that time. Once you get past that though, you can begin adding in foods like chicken, fish, buckwheat flour, and coconut flour. The specific instructions are in the diet and are very important to follow. Ask why, if you feel inclined to argue with some element of the diet or protocol, and you’ll find there’s a valid reason that has to do with reducing inflammation, avoiding food allergens, not feeding candida, killing candida or repopulating the gut with beneficial bacteria and changing the gut environment so they can thrive. There’s a reason behind every element.

You really have to quit coffee. You can and should substitute pure roasted chicory root, which feeds the good bacteria, and nettle leaf tea, to support your liver. You may eventually get back to drinking coffee, once you have cleared your infestation, perhaps cold-brewed to reduce acidity, perhaps blended with chicory root. It depends on how severe your infestation is and how resilient your body is. Some people end up drinking yerba mate instead, which provides some of the mood and energy elevating benefits of coffee.

Once you’ve been on the strict diet for 2-3 weeks, you’ll start taking anti-fungals and probiotics as outlined in the protocol.

From the get-go, there are recommendations for various vitamins and minerals to supplement with. You should read through those carefully. http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

Good luck with it. Feeling better will make it all worthwhile.
    Sue

Brookolyna
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

I am also new to the forum. 🙂

Where do I find the contact information for Able900? I would like information on the Strict Diet.

THANKS!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Brookolyna;48285 wrote: I am also new to the forum. 🙂

Where do I find the contact information for Able900? I would like information on the Strict Diet.

Check your inbox on the forum.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New To Candida Diet and Plan’ is closed to new replies.