New to Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice New to Candida Diet

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dendel30
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello! Im new to the forum. Happy new year!

I am starting my candida diet on Monday but I am not doing the detox. I have being run down with sores and blisters in mouth and lips and I feel my body could not take the detox, i am a teacher and i feel (first day back after the christmas) i will get run down again on it. Is this a problem? I understand that it may take longer for the candida to die off but I know my body and what its able for. Do you think i could just start phase two?

Also I am not the best eater in the world for things so my diet would purely consist of Breakfast:eggs Lunch:salad/salmon or chicken Dinner:Chicken/fish & veg
    Loads of veg’s, loads of garlic etc. Do you think that would be enough. Im not a huge eater anyway

How long would i have to stay on phase two? especially because im not doing the detox

And everyone mentions yougurt? but i thought you couldnt have diary as all the live yougurt/natural yougurt contain cows milk

Thank you in advance, Im sorry if this is posted elsewhere but wooow theres alot to read up on!!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

dendel30 wrote: Hello! Im new to the forum. Happy new year!

I am starting my candida diet on Monday but I am not doing the detox. I have being run down with sores and blisters in mouth and lips and I feel my body could not take the detox, i am a teacher and i feel (first day back after the christmas) i will get run down again on it. Is this a problem? I understand that it may take longer for the candida to die off but I know my body and what its able for. Do you think i could just start phase two?

Also I am not the best eater in the world for things so my diet would purely consist of Breakfast:eggs Lunch:salad/salmon or chicken Dinner:Chicken/fish & veg
    Loads of veg’s, loads of garlic etc. Do you think that would be enough. Im not a huge eater anyway

How long would i have to stay on phase two? especially because im not doing the detox

And everyone mentions yougurt? but i thought you couldnt have diary as all the live yougurt/natural yougurt contain cows milk

Thank you in advance, Im sorry if this is posted elsewhere but wooow theres alot to read up on!!

Hi mate,
    you can start with phase 1 of the diet on the allowed food list.
    Read the protocol here:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Nobody can tell you how long it will take for you to heal. Listen to your body and see how you are healing. Stay for a while in stage 1 and then slowly take in food from stage 2 and watch your symptoms, body and your healing. Kefir is very beneficial for your health and organic greek yoghurt too. They are very low in sugar but have lots of probiotics.
    You need to get the supplements Able suggested too.
    When you are on the path you can check in and out here in the forum and adjust your diet.

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello and welcome to the forum.

dendel30 wrote: Do you think i could just start phase two?

Reply: That’s up to you, but just as you mentioned, it’s probably going to slow down the treatment quite a lot at the very least. It would be very beneficial if you could do a one day detox period, even if it’s after you’ve started the diet. You may want to think about this fact between now and next Friday as the weekend would probably be the only time possible for you.

dendel30 wrote: Also I am not the best eater in the world for things so my diet would purely consist of Breakfast:eggs Lunch:salad/salmon or chicken Dinner:Chicken/fish & veg
    Loads of veg’s, loads of garlic etc. Do you think that would be enough?

Reply: If you mean do I think this would be enough food for you; I have no way of knowing this for certain since I’m not aware of your specific physical, nutritional, infestation details, or whether you’re male or female, but, depending on the amounts, it sounds sufficient for most people.

dendel30 wrote: How long would i have to stay on phase two? especially because im not doing the detox.

Reply: The detox is not as important to the treatment as the first phase diet is. Otherwise, this is something that’s impossible to foresee with anyone at all, even oneself. It depends on the degree of damage already done by the infestation, the length of time that the infestation has been with you, and the degree of symptoms among other health factors such as leaky gut syndrome, etc.

dendel30 wrote: And everyone mentions yougurt? but i thought you couldnt have diary as all the live yougurt/natural yougurt contain cows milk.

Reply: Yogurt and kefir, especially if they’re homemade, are not your common dairy products. For example, during fermentation (especially with homemade products) the lactose sugar is consumed by the bacteria, and if the fermentation is sufficiently long enough, there’s little to no sugar left in the end product.

Let us know if you have other questions. You might want to read our protocol if you’ve not already done so.

The Protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Able

dendel30

Thank you so much for getting back to me!

I have taken both your advice on board and ready to start it tomorrow…Cant wait 🙁

Thanks again!

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I too am a teacher and found the diet to be very easy to follow as a teacher. I would not start with Phase 2!! Stick with phase 1 you will see improvement. You need to do a search at the top of the forum here and find oil pulling. For the sores in your mouth…I had oral thrush awful due to antibiotics. The antifungals perscribed by doctor made very little dent after 1 full week. I got on diet and started oil pulling and immediate relief. It took much time to heal my mouth. My ordeal in my mouth started on November 15th and I’m still fighting it daily. Every time I step off the diet a very small bit I see an imediate reaction in my mouth. The other very important step in this process is to DRINK TONS of WATER. I’m always drinking hot lemon water in my classroom…all day long. I drink at least 8 bottle sof water and 6 glasses of lemon water.

For lunch I packed a salad with lemon as my dressing. I have now moved to making ACV/olive oil/garlic dressing and also enjoy that but I did not start that till later in the diet. Keep it simple and watch what you eat. I have a fealing your mouth will let you know what is good and what is hurting you. I have tried certain things like a rice cracker and feel burning on my tongue and lips. I wanted things too bad too early and had set backs. Just take your time. Let your body heal. I’m not where I want to be yet…but I sure enjoy where I am than where I was in November.

Best of luck to you..and listen to Raster and Able…they are wonderful

Jackie

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing I suggest is to not put a timetable for your recovery. It could take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from a candida overgrowth.

Considering this, you need to kill off the candida as well as possible during phase 1 of the diet. If you do phase 2 instead, the candida will still be able to grow. You would just simply be allowing the candida to grow and die over and over again. It will set things back some and it just isn’t good enough. How do I know? I started phase 2 before phase 1 first thinking the same thing…

-Raster

dendel30

Ok, so your going to be ashamed at this but i started off well (ish) had hot lemon and water for my breakfast along with a few almonds, for lunch I had spinach, egg, onion,plum tomotoe, avocado. hot lemonn. By two o clock i had horrific headache and i felt so emotional, I had to stop myself from crying twice, but eventually let it out just for minute and not in front of the kids (ha ha that would not of gone down well). Now I know its nothing to do with food as Im not a huge eater anyway so I dont know whether it was first day back to work (ha!) or wondered if its to do with lack of sugar/caffene (would drink three cups of coffee a day) I even considered getting a pregnacy test as I have never felt so out of sorts. Anyway I skipped college as I was too tired and as soon as I came home had a big bowl of brown pasta and fish and surprise surprise two cups of coffee, almost immediately felt better, emotionally and headache, which scares me as the candida must be a big problem within me.

Please tell me others have experienced this!!

I will start again tomorrow

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I was VERY emotional my first several weeks on the diet. There were times when I was so angry or sad that I would cry all day. It didn’t take much to set me off. I also felt like I was never going to be successful in anything (no matter what I was doing and how good I actually was at it).

The fact that you felt so badly after starting the diet could be some die off you were experiencing. Die off is uncomfortable for a while, but it will slowly go away as you kill off the candida.

Although the rice and coffee likely put you back to where you were before the diet.

The cravings are another thing that are REALLY bad in the beginning. I used to think about the food I couldn’t have for most of the day. Now I don’t…but it doesn’t mean I don’t still miss those foods on occassion and sharing them with family and friends.

Keep your chin up and take it a day at a time. This is probably one of the hardest things I have done for myself, but it will be worth it in the end!

Hope this helps!

Kirsty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New to Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.