New to candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to candida diet

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  DM 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

DM
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

I,m finding this website very informative and thank everyone for this. I am recovering from M.E. (nearly recovered) and a friend suggested I might have candida so am trying the diet. I really miss bread and something to eat between meals – used to eat fruit and occasionally a biscuit. Can I eat Nairns oatcakes and ricecakes?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I’m finding this website very informative and thank everyone for this. I am recovering from M.E. (nearly recovered) and a friend suggested I might have candida so am trying the diet. I really miss bread and something to eat between meals – used to eat fruit and occasionally a biscuit. Can I eat Nairns oatcakes and ricecakes?

Which diet are you following, the one on the website or the one on the forum?

Forum Diet:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

The description for the oatcakes you mentioned doesn’t do much in explaining the type of oats used. All it mentions is ‘wholegrain’ oats. The only type of oat-product on the allowed foods list is organic oat bran, and this is only because it acts as a prebiotic. I seriously doubt that an oat bran cake is a prebiotic. So, personally, I wouldn’t want to chance the oatcakes.

Rice cakes are definitely out, these will turn into sugar once inside your body and feed the Candida a nice sugar treat.

Check out the recipe section of the forum, specifically the coconut flour bread since you can safely eat this on the diet after two weeks.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx

Able

DM

Thanks Abel, I’m following the forum diet. I’ll have to get some coconut flour then – but the recipe takes so many eggs! Another question – I make kefir, how much should I take every day?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thanks Abel, I’m following the forum diet. I’ll have to get some coconut flour then – but the recipe takes so many eggs!

That’s actually optional, so if you’d rather lower the amount by a few eggs, you’ll still have the bread.

Another question – I make kefir, how much should I take every day?

You should start out with a minimum, perhaps two ounces. Work the amount up slowly perhaps an ounce every day until you reach the amount you feel comfortable with.
    The kefir can produce die-off symptoms (which is why you should increase the amount slowly), so are you already taking Molybdenum for the
    die-off effects?

Able

DM

Thanks for the above 2 replies. I’m taking Higher Nature’s Candiclear as advised by my local health shop. Having hypoglycemia with the M.W. I cant do a detox/cleanse so am going straight into the diet. What is Molybdenum?
    DM

DM

Herewith the details of the Doves Farm flour
    Gluten Free White Bread Flour is a blend milled from naturally gluten free and wheat free ingredients and natural gum, and is a perfect alternative to wheat bread flour. This is ideal for anyone on a Gluten & Wheat Free diet who wants to make their own gluten free white bread. (Remember to keep all gluten free utensils and cooking separate from wheat products)

This is a 1kg pack of flour.

Please note: All of our flours are unbleached. The addition of bleaching agents is not permitted in the UK.

Customer rating: CakeCakeCakeCakeCake 16 customer reviews

£2.19 (£0.22/100g)
    Qty

Dietary and allergen information:

Made without: nuts, milk, casein, eggs, gluten, soya.
    UK Mill does not use: nuts, milk, casein, eggs, gluten, soya.
    Suitable for vegetarians & vegans.

Ingredients:

Flour blend (rice, potato and tapioca), xanthan gum

Nutrition
    Typical values per 100g
    Energy 345kcal
    Energy 1466KJ
    Protein 4.8g
    Carbohydrate 79.9g
    (of which sugars) 0.1g
    Fat 0.7g
    (of which saturates) 0.2g
    Fibre 1.1g
    Sodium 0.05g

DM

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Gluten free is not the same as sugar free, dairy free, grain free, mold free, etc.

Check out the allowed foods list, but you shouldn’t have the following types of flours until must further along in your recovery:

rice flour – made from rice, contains starch/sugars

potato flour – made from potatoes, contains starch/sugars

tapioca flour – not on allowed foods list and should be test food item.

If you were to eat the flour you mentioned throughout the diet, it will likely set you back. I would recommend checking out teff, coconut, and buckwheat flour. Almond meal is a good one as well.

Rice bran and oat bran as flours are also alternatives.

-raster

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Hi, coconut flour can be bought from holland and barretts health food shop.

The doves farm brand does do buckwheat flour which is the most easiest to get in the UK. However, they have currently removed all their buckwheat flour from all shops because they had a problem with a batch having traces of gluten in it.

When doves farm do resell the product you can get it in Waitrose, amazon or on the doves farm website.

I would be interested to know if anyone knows of any other brands of buckwheat flour that can be purchased in the UK (shop or website)? My flour is starting to run low and I’m worried Doves farm won’t resell the buckwheat in time.

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Hi DM,

I have ME too and was wondering if you could tell me how you are recovering from it? Did you do anything special or is it just slowly fading away by itself?
    For me it stayed on the same level for the last one and a half years, until I recently started to treat Candida and felt the first slight improvement. (If you want to know more about how it started, you can read the “Candida and CFS” thread.

Thanks,

Chloë

DM

Hi Chlofloso, I was in South Africa and the stress of my job brought it on. My Dr just told me to rest! But at least he knew what it was. Tried anti depressants and all sorts but nothing helped. Went to a homeopathic vet about my horse and she treated us both. Then I was told about a Dr who was also a homeopath and he was fantastic. But, cant get what he gave me in UK. I found a herbalist about 5 years ago (here in UK) and he cleared the brain fog and has gradually built up my immune system. Did very gentle yoga all the time. Tried CBT but that didnt really help. Much better now. Pacing works, no stress (and being able to retire). Hope this helps in some way and keep trying.
    DM

DM

Raster thank you for the information. I have ordered coconut flour from Amazon and I think I can get buckwheat flour from my health shop so will try the bread.

Can you please advise what to take with me when I’m out, for energy and in case I get a blood sugar hypo? I used to always take oatcakes, energy bar, banana and water – only the water is allowed. I’m scared to go out without something.
    DM

DM

CT thanks for the info about coconut flour at H&B. There is a H&B in town so will have a look. Tomorrow am going to my local health shop to see if I can get buckwheat, it’s not a ‘chain’ shop but I could give you the manufacturer if I find some.
    DM

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New to candida diet’ is closed to new replies.