New to all of this – day one of detox is June 1st!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to all of this – day one of detox is June 1st!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  It’s Me 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tops2kopsgal
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello all!

Not sure where to start, but here I am nonetheless. 🙂

I am a 35 year old woman who has PCOS, Adrenal Fatigue, and other hormonal/inflammation issues (due to hysterectomy, etc.), and I was recently urged by my naturopathic doctor to try this Candida Diet to help me with some new physical symptoms/concerns.

What convinced both of us that NOW was the time to start this approach to better health in my life was the fact that I had strep throat 2+ weeks ago and after one round of antibiotics, I started feeling bloated, “off”, and fatigued more than normal, along with gaining 8 pounds in 2 weeks. Something new is going on, that’s for sure, and yeast seems the likely culprit.

I am going to start the protocol tomorrow by eating according to phase one and take the herbal supplements I was prescribed. Not sure how this is going to go, but I welcome all input and suggestions to make this transition as easy as possible and take my health back to the best of my ability.

Thank you so much!

—Gina, a.k.a. tops2kopsgal

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Welcome to the boards! Sounds like you’re on the right track 🙂 This is a great place to come w/ questions or just to feel like you’re not the only person on the face of the earth eating this way. Hope we can all be an encouragement to one another!

tops2kopsgal

Thank you so much for your greeting! I look forward to getting more involved here. So far day one is going as well as can be expected, I suppose. Drinking lots of water and hoping to get a few minutes of rest.

helmax
    Replies: 20

Hello, Tops

Welcome to the Candida Diet Forum.
    As far as my opinion goes, you’re very wise to choose to detox and to go on the Candida Diet.
    You’re going to have questions, and most new members find that people who have experienced this dreadful thing are the ones who know the most. So always ask, no matter what the question is, there’s usually someone who can offer you help.

Max

tops2kopsgal

Thanks!

It’s Me
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I’m new at this too! I have been sick since childhood. Even hospitalized a child with a bleeding stomach ulcer, at the age of 8. Before and after many times with Asthma/ pnemonia. While I was in the hosp. with the bleeding ulcer,(throwing up blood) Dr’s gave me a glass of milk every 3 hours (OH THE PAIN!!!)I began to HATE MILK, begging no more milk PLEASE!

So after 40+ years, I have found a Dr. who will travel this road with me. For almost a month I have experimented with aspects of this Diet, but will not start officially till mid June as I have traveling to do. When I get home, buy my groceries I will begin. I do have many questions, but before I post them I will search the posts to see if they have been already asked. One question I do have is, since we need to stay away from vinegars, what do you all suggest for salad dressing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New to all of this – day one of detox is June 1st!’ is closed to new replies.