New To all of this

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice New To all of this

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Terrylee5151 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mtgirl
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I was received a letter from my GI Doc., stating that after having a endoscope I “most likely” have Candida. I have never heard of it but just started to research it tonight. I have downloaded so many foods that you can eat can’t eat. Most are the same. This diagnosis makes so much sense for all that I have been going through. I am so excited to start on the change in my eating habits. I am mostly a very healthy eater, but will be cutting out all cereals and any processed food I eat. I have two questions:
    One can I eat egg whites out of carton? (seems like no) , two can I use natural lemon/lime packets or real fresh lemons/limes?
    If you have any input it will be greatly appreciated as I start on my journey. They also put me on Diflucan for 2 weeks. Also can I refer to the celiac diet as well for guidance?
    Thanks in advance.

HealMyGuts
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 12

Hi there!

When you say “egg whites out of a carton” I suppose you mean something like Egg Beaters. These should be avoided no matter what diet you are on. The bottom line is that Egg Beaters is not even real food. If you look at their website, they constantly use the phrase “liquid egg product.” This is because Egg Beaters is not actually “liquid eggs.” It is a manufactured “food product.” That is not something that you want to be eating.

If you live in an area that has a farmer’s market, that would be a great place to go to get not only your eggs, but many of your other groceries as well. At a farmer’s market you can talk to the people who actually grow the food or raise the animals that produce the food, so you can be sure that it is the highest quality you can get. Not only is it better for you, but you will be amazed at how good it tastes.

Next best would be to try and find locally grown/raised food in a supermarket. If that isn’t an option, most supermarkets have organic food sections these days.

The same thing goes with lemon and limes. A small amount of Lemon or Lime juice is O.K., but they do contain fructose which should be avoided. Real fresh-squeezed juice is the best for this also.

When wondering if a food is O.K. to eat, just ask yourself, “Did this come out of the Earth, or out of a factory?” That is a good place to start, and then you can go on to figure out if it is Candida-Safe or not.

Good Luck!

Samantharae1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

I am starting tomorrow with the cleansing. I have been having problems for about a year now and was talking to a lady at work who has the same problem. I am excited to start but nervous at the same time! That sounds like wonderful advise!

Terrylee5151
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

I just used the egg whites from the eggs. If I was making my Hubs an omlet, I would take the egg whites and give him the yolks.

I did not use lemon for 3 weeks. Some do and seem to heal okay anyway…. so it is probably up to you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New To all of this’ is closed to new replies.