New sections in the forum – any suggestions?

Home The Candida Forum Announcements & Technical Support New sections in the forum – any suggestions?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  anna 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

We recently had a request to add a new Recipes section to the forum, so that members can share their meal plans, cooking ideas and Candida recipes. Hopefully this will be a great help for everyone!

Are there any other sections that you’d like to see added? Let me know and I’d be happy to help.

Best
    Anna

β€œIn health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hello, Anna πŸ™‚ I posted the following on the General Discussion forum, but ducktorwho suggested I repost it here. Thank you so much!

“I’ve often wondered if these forums were monitored at all. It looks like someone is watching, though, because we just got a new forum! Thanks, Someone!!!

Whoever you are, do you think maybe we could have 3 forums for recipes? I know, I’m asking a lot given that the new forum just went up. But, it seems like it would be SO much easier to find a recipe if the forums were divided into,say, Breakfast, Lunch/Dinner, and Snacks/Treats πŸ™‚

Thanks, again!!!”

Now I know that the Someone is you πŸ™‚ So, thank you, Anna!

anna
    Keymaster

OK that’s done. I liked the categories you suggested so I went with them!

Best
    Anna

β€œIn health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! That was so quick! Thank you, Anna! πŸ™‚

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d like to suggest a few:

1)Articles or links section (for articles about health and candida).
    2)Cooking tips section (for those who aren’t good at cooking).
    3)Vitamins/supplements (this one is questionable, could get outta hand).
    4)Success stories

Thanks,
    Raster

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Raster

Thanks for the input! Give me a couple of days and I’ll take a look at your suggestions.

While we’re on the subject, does anyone else have any ideas for new sections in the forum?

Stay healthy
    Anna

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Raster

I think the cooking tips forum is a great idea so I added that in the recipes section.

The Vitamins and Success Stories I think probably overlap too much with the other forums we already have. And unfortunately an articles/links forum would simply attract lots of spammers and be very hard to moderate.

Hope this makes sense!

Best
    Anna

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

anna wrote: While we’re on the subject, does anyone else have any ideas for new sections in the forum? Stay healthy Anna

Hi, Anna, my favorite webmaster (webmistress?) … why do I always have this type of problem when speaking with you?
    How about a ‘Research Only’ section? Or maybe that’s just my cup of tea. Not enough call for it? A simple “no” will sufice instead of telling what an idiotic idea that was.

Able

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Able

I see where you’re coming from, but like you say I don’t think there would be enough support for that forum right now, so any useful research would be best posted in the ‘General Discussion’ area instead.

Best
    Anna

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Hey Anna,

Thought we could add a section that contains the most important information provided by Able and Raster. Items such as the allowed foods list, protocol, vitamins, and other posts that are very important to recovery. Might let Able and Raster decide what they want to put in there and keep it more for important information and less discussion. Get the quick facts out there! If it is possible, the information they recommend the most often (such as allowed food and protocol and any others Able and Raster want) can be on the top for easy finding.

They have put together a lot of great information, but sometimes I would find the information on the forum AFTER I asked a question. This could help Able and Raster with the repetative questions that many of us have. Also, if we have a question, we could skim through this section and see if it has already been covered before asking for advice.

The better we can organize all this great info, the more people we can help! πŸ™‚

This website and forum is great! I am very glad I found it and can get advice from people who are experiencing this battle too. Thanks!

Kirsty

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Kirsty

Thanks for your input! And I appreciate your kind words on the website.

We try to use as much of a ‘hands-off’ approach as possible in moderating the forum. We have never deleted a post because we disagree with the content, and we try to encourage free and open debate among all members. For this reason I’m wary of creating areas of the forum which would only be open to certain members, or in which only a few members would be enabled to post. Our philosophy is that all our members’ opinions deserve respect, so all their posts should be treated equally too!

Best,
    Anna

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Hi guys

I think it would be a really good idea for the Admins to be able to put “sticky” topics which stay at the the top of the forum, topics such as the allowed food list, safe and proper cleanse and the vitamins/supplements topic

Cheers
    Ash

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Ash

Thanks for the input. Actually, I’m currently the only admin on this forum. If you’re talking about allowing individual, private members of the forum to create sticky topics, I’m slightly wary of doing this. As I mentioned previously, our philosophy here is that all our members’ opinions deserve respect, so all their posts should be treated equally too!

I hope you’ve enjoyed all the recent content that we have added to the site, and best of luck treating your Candida!

Best,
    Anna

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New sections in the forum – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.