new probiotic -what do you think Able

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions new probiotic -what do you think Able

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Hi Able, I came across this probiotic…not sure if that link will take you there but if you go to the website, then the site link, then products, you will find the probiotic. In general the company sounds really good…producing high quality products. I was looking into the glutathene, and came across the probiotic…being as I am almost finished my other bottle I may try this one out.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you

http://www.lifestar.com/Pages/protec.html

joy

Able there is ALOT of information on this site…it may be a little confusing finding things.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Joy. Hope you’re doing well.

Unfortunately, I see a few problems with the ProTec probiotic.

First, it only contains four groups of beneficial bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifido bacterium bifidum and Streptococcus faecium. So my question would naturally be, why settle for only four strains when you can find so many more in other brands? The other thing is that I don’t trust any probiotic that doesn’t require refrigeration. Most of the companies advertise this as a plus, when in reality it isn’t at all.

Yet another problem is one of the enzymes that it contains, namely cellulase. Many brands will claim that cellulase will assist in the breakdown of carbohydrates found in cellulose (note the difference in the spelling of ‘cellulase’ and ‘cellulose’).
    What they don’t bother to tell you is that cellulase is not an enzyme which is naturally produced in the human body, but only a synthetic enzyme. They also won’t inform the consumer that when cellulase breaks down the fibers in the vegetables we eat, a simple sugar is formed from the combination which does not happen with the body does this with its own natural enzymes. The sugar then feeds the Candida which only prolongs the treatment period.

This is why I recommend Digestive Grape Bitters since this product allows the body to produce its own enzymes in the number and type that is needed at the time.

The last problem is the Dextrose that it contains. Dextrose is a simple sugar, and even though they claim that the probiotic doesn’t contain enough for a significant contribution to blood sugar increase, a small amount taken on a daily basis is definitely enough to prolong a Candida infestation’s existence.

Thanks for your post, Joy. Please let us know how your treatment is progressing.
    Able

joy

Well I guess I should just look for the 14 strain and stick with that one. My progress so far has been good….I have not had many die-off symptoms and I feel the diet is working wonders. I have much more energy…one thing I keep in mind that you said was when you are hungrey it is the candida that is doing this. So when I am hungry I try to access if it is actually hunger or just candida hunger,so this is a good check point for me.

I am taking the coconut oil ( need to get more) probiotics, oil or orgeano, and that is it other than my regular supplements. I am going to start increasing the coconut oil, and the oil of oregano. Also I am taking a higher dose of the probiotic as you suggested…because mine only has 50 billion per…I am at 150 per day…I am hoping to get a new bottle tomorrow so then I can up it to 200 billion by taking 4 capsules a day… you go through it much quicker at that rate!

have a nice day!

p.s. is it absolutely necessary to take the probiotic on an emtpy stomach? I find myself getting up early in the morning to take it then going back to bed just to ensure it is on an empty stomach…and also could I take all of them at one time or is it best to split it up?

thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Joy.

“one thing I keep in mind that you said was when you are hungrey it is the candida that is doing this. So when I am hungry I try to access if it is actually hunger or just candida hunger,so this is a good check point for me.”

Reply: Good point, Joy, and a good idea which will train you to reconize the definite difference, because there really is one.

“I am taking the coconut oil ( need to get more) probiotics, oil or orgeano, and that is it other than my regular supplements. I am going to start increasing the coconut oil, and the oil of oregano. I am taking a higher dose of the probiotic as you suggested…because mine only has 50 billion per…I am at 150 per day…I am hoping to get a new bottle tomorrow so then I can up it to 200 billion by taking 4 capsules a day… you go through it much quicker at that rate!”

Reply: Joy, I would wait about a week after raising the oil of oregano and the coconut oil before raising the amount of probiotic. I know you’ve not experienced very much die-off so far, but raising all of that at one time can be very hard on the body not to mention the liver’s health. Perhaps by that time you’ll be able to purchase the 80-billion count capsules and not have to take two at a time. Ending the increased amount at 160-billion for a while may be enough so that you won’t need to raise the amount again. And you really should take them on an empty stomach for proper digestion. If you wake up even once during the night, this would be a perfect time to take one.

Take care, Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘new probiotic -what do you think Able’ is closed to new replies.