New – please help, extreme fatigue with new diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New – please help, extreme fatigue with new diet

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Wooky72
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

Hi everyone, I’ve just found this site. 6 weeks ago I did a dramatic change in my diet. I have lost 13 lbs. Before I was eating lots of sugar, and white bread products. I cut out ALL grains, dairy, sugar, processed food, caffeine. For the first two weeks I was extremely tired, would come home and go straight to sleep. That seemed to sort itself out, But yesterday the same thing happened again, at 2.30pm I actually fell asleep when I was at work! For lunch I had eaten chicken and salad and veg. I then had some melon. I don’t normally eat fruit straight after a meal, so I wonder if it was that? I also have a very dry mouth at the moment.
    I have been told in the past by alternative health practitioners that I have candida, leaky gut syndrome, gluten intolerance, maybe parasites, and IBS but haven’t really understood how to sort it all out.
    My question is could the change in my diet be affecting my candida and somehow making me tired? Two people have said I am simply not eating enough carbs, but I wonder if this is anything to do with candida,
    Any suggestions really appreciated, thank you.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

What is your diet like nowadays? What do you eat in a normal day? Are you taking any supplements?

Wooky72

For the last 6 weeks I have been eating eggs, vegetables, fruit, chicken, beef, turkey, using coconut oil for cooking, almonds, walnuts. In the last 2 weeks I have been making smoothies for breakfast – mostly with fruit but now with veg too and I add linseed (flax) powder.

So breakfast is either eggs and avocado for example, or coconut pancakes and blueberries, or smoothies.
    I usually have a snack morning or afternoon which may be almonds and an apple, or a banana muffin made with almond flour.
    lunch and dinner is meat/fish and salad/vegetables
    I may drink white or green tea.

Finishing on Monday earlier this week, I did a 10 day herbal supplement cleanse called the Healthy Starter Pack from Nature Sunshine Products.

Now, I drink lemon in warm water in the morning, I take pro-biotics, digestive enzymes, Omega 3s, Ligaplex (I suffer chronic lower back pain – has been really bad particularly the first 4 weeks of this eating plan, I was in agony the second day – any connection?)

On Wednesday when I fell asleep at work, my lunch had been chicken and veg & salad, followed immediately by melon.

shayfo
    Replies: 668

It sounds like you’re feeding your candida a lot of fruit sugars, which I suspect is causing a large part of your problem. It also doesn’t seem like you’re taking any antifungals, besides using coconut oil in your cooking. A lot of us on the forum here are following a protocol and diet plan that successfully cured the user who developed it. It’s more restrictive and aggressive than what you’re doing currently, but I can attest that it’s really been helping me, personally (I’ve been on it for 74 days).

Here is the protocol to read through: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

If you want a copy of the diet list that goes with the protocol, you should send a message to user Able900, explaining your symptoms a bit, and he can send that to you.

Wooky72

Thank you, I didn’t start this eating plan thinking about candida, It was for weight loss and to balance my blood sugars, and this program I am following is working for all the people doing it, who can’t understand why they have energy on it, and I don’t. So the idea of candida came to me this week when the only thing I thought could have been the problem was the melon, and I remember being told I had candida years ago by a nutritionist.

I’ve been trying really hard to sort out my health, and it seems that what I thought was changing to a healthy diet, may not be! It’s very difficult figuring it out on my own!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The foods you are eating benefit the candida, so I would look at making dietary changes at a minimum.

The beef is problematic because it takes 2+ days to digest while chicken and fish takes hours to digest. If you have a digestive disorder, this is not a good thing to be eating.

The banana muffin is problematic because the banana contains about 30g of sugar and is one of the highest sugar fruits there is. I personally ate blueberries on the diet and had no problems, but you got to keep consumption of fruits on the minimum.

Nuts can be problematic because they contain molds and are a dried food item.

I would increase the amount of food you eat eating by 2-3x if possible. Eat a good 3-4 course breakfast, lunch, and dinner…eat snacks between meals. Try to eat one serving of meat a day or spread it out throughout the day.

Get as much sleep as possible and drink as much water as possible.

What are you taking to protect your liver and kidneys from die-off toxins?

-raster

davidb3069
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

raster;37495 wrote:
    I would increase the amount of food you eat eating by 2-3x if possible. Eat a good 3-4 course breakfast, lunch, and dinner…eat snacks between meals. Try to eat one serving of meat a day or spread it out throughout the day.
    -raster

Agreed. The body needs energy. Starving yourself is not going to help anything. Eating healthy does not mean being hungry.

Wooky72

Thank-you for all the help. I have emailed Able to ask for the diet so I can see how to make changes to how I am eating, and I will investigate the supplements. I am in the UK, so I don’t know yet where I can get them.

But I am not hungry the way I am eating now, certainly not starving myself! I have lost my cravings, I have actually started feeling full after meals, -whereas before I seemed not to have an off switch when I was eating! I don’t think I could eat 2-3x more?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Wooky72;37549 wrote: But I am not hungry the way I am eating now, certainly not starving myself! I have lost my cravings, I have actually started feeling full after meals, -whereas before I seemed not to have an off switch when I was eating! I don’t think I could eat 2-3x more?

No one can tell you how much food to eat; if you’re losing weight and you wish to stop doing that, we can tell you to try to add more calories,
    but telling you to eat 2-3 times what you’re eating is silly since we don’t even know your body’s capacity for food, and eating more than your body’s capacity can cause digestive problems.

You’re right about the cravings; they generally slowly phase out several weeks or longer into the diet, although some people experience this earlier in their treatment, so naturally you’re just not as hungry.

The weight loss normally stops as well when the body adapts to the new way of eating healthy foods, I know this happened with me as well as many others on the forum who have been on the diet long enough.

Just disregard any statements telling you how much food you should be eating and follow your own body’s messages and common sense.

Able

Wooky72

Thank-you Able, I will listen to my body.
    I still have 45 lbs to lose so I hope I continue losing weight!

davidb3069
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

Wooky72;37591 wrote: Thank-you Able, I will listen to my body.
    I still have 45 lbs to lose so I hope I continue losing weight!

Between my Diabetes and Candida I have probably lost 15 pounds in the last month or month and a half. Not water weight but actual fat. It is one of the only positive things I can report at the moment. Looking forward to losing more slowly. I refuse to buy a scale and worry about it though. It will do what it wants. These conditions are stressful enough without watching the scale daily. The only bad part is I just got done buying lots of new clothes back in December when I was back in the states. They are already getting big.

Kag
    Replies: 402

I think if this is working for you then you should keep doing it. Could it have been that you were just having a rough day? Are you getting enough sleep lately? Sleep is very important to your overall health.

Something to mention, smoothies can be very high calorie. I am sure that you are making yours a specific way. However, smoothies contain a lot of sugar and it is a common misconception that just because fruit is good for you that the sugar it contains is. Fructose can still wreak havoc with your blood sugar. So be careful and good luck dear!

Wooky72

thank-you Kag! Yes I have stopped the fruit smoothies, delicious though they were…

I am wondering if what I was/am suffering from is a bit of candida die-off symptoms? I know it has not been a candida diet that I have been doing, but it is dramatically different to what I was eating before. And I haven’t been taking any supplements to support my liver and kidneys – so maybe that is why I’ve been struggling a bit? That’s just occured to me reading this site…..
    I have now ordered some supplements so hopefully they will help

Wooky72

thank-you Kag! Yes I have stopped the fruit smoothies, delicious though they were…

I am wondering if what I was/am suffering from is a bit of candida die-off symptoms? I know it has not been a candida diet that I have been doing, but it is dramatically different to what I was eating before. And I haven’t been taking any supplements to support my liver and kidneys – so maybe that is why I’ve been struggling a bit? That’s just occured to me reading this site…..
    I have now ordered some supplements so hopefully they will help

Kag
    Replies: 402

That is a bummer about the clothes. Do you know of someone nice that can sew, perhaps you can have the clothes taken in? I mentioned the smoothies because of the sugar and calories. When I first started working at the Co-op, I bet I gained ten pounds drinking smoothies… I didn’t even realize it til I got on a scale. Yikes!!

You definitely should be taking something to support your kidneys and liver during this. Yeast die-off can wreak havoc with your body. I am not the best person to tell you about supplements. You should ask Able or Raster.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New – please help, extreme fatigue with new diet’ is closed to new replies.