new – please answer some questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice new – please answer some questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  desperately seeking good health 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cora
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I am very new to all of this. I just started the Candida diet 5 days ago. I have suffered for the past 2 years with fungal infections and vaginal infections that won’t get better with prescriptions meds. My doctor basically doesn’t know how to help me and even said so. I have also suffered extreme exahustion, anxiety, depression, mood swings, well…the list goes on. I have diagnosed myself with Candida and have decided this is my last hope for a normal life (the one I have is being ruined and has for a very long time.)

First, I am a recovering carb junkie. I am finding this diet so hard for me. Are there any links I could find that have good recipes and snack ideas? I just don’t know what to make without having the same thing over and over. and I miss snacking.

2) I read that plain yogurt was okay and even a good idea. But while happily eating my non fat plain yogurt today I noticed it has 17 grams sugar per 8 oz! How can this be okay? Can I have it or not?

3) Can you tell me if you honestly have cured your canidia problem? Have you had fungal infections clear up by following this plan and taking anti-fungals? I honestly am feeling sort of hopeless and would love to hear of some successes.

4) How long were you eating no sugar/no carb before you A) noticed a difference in your health, and B) experienced some die off stmptoms to let you know it was working?

Thank you so much in advance

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Cora,

The first thing I’d check out is the protocol we developed on the forum to get better:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

To answer your questions:

2) Most forum members eat greek yogurt which typically has a smaller amount of sugar per servings, something between 8-11g per serving is ideal. So change your brand if you want to go to a lower sugar yogurt. Making it at home also allows it to have less sugar than commercial yogurts.

3) Here’s the stories of success post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm14080_Testimonies-of-Success.aspx#post14080

I am sure this forum has more success stories but most people don’t come back when they regain their health.

4) You should experience die-off symptoms very soon after starting the diet and antifungals…within a day/hour or two. This makes most people feel worse than before the diet. It should take a few weeks to a few months to start to feel better and notice the symptoms lifting from your body.

We have a strict forum food list if you are interested in a copy. If so, email able900 for a link.

-raster

jereseib
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

Cora wrote: I am very new to all of this. I just started the Candida diet 5 days ago. I have suffered for the past 2 years with fungal infections and vaginal infections that won’t get better with prescriptions meds. My doctor basically doesn’t know how to help me and even said so. I have also suffered extreme exahustion, anxiety, depression, mood swings, well…the list goes on. I have diagnosed myself with Candida and have decided this is my last hope for a normal life (the one I have is being ruined and has for a very long time.)

First, I am a recovering carb junkie. I am finding this diet so hard for me. Are there any links I could find that have good recipes and snack ideas? I just don’t know what to make without having the same thing over and over. and I miss snacking.

2) I read that plain yogurt was okay and even a good idea. But while happily eating my non fat plain yogurt today I noticed it has 17 grams sugar per 8 oz! How can this be okay? Can I have it or not?

3) Can you tell me if you honestly have cured your canidia problem? Have you had fungal infections clear up by following this plan and taking anti-fungals? I honestly am feeling sort of hopeless and would love to hear of some successes.

4) How long were you eating no sugar/no carb before you A) noticed a difference in your health, and B) experienced some die off stmptoms to let you know it was working?

1. Just head over to the recipe sections of the website, be careful though as I know alot of members(myself included) are following an even stricter version of the diet.

2. I have never been sold on yogurt and have always had reactions to even plain yogurt. Like you said, it contains 17 grams of sugar which in the lactose form is going to feed yeast. Plus you can buy much stronger probiotics than what yogurt contains.

3. I havent completely cured myself but have been on some version of the diet since February 2011. I had a major setback in January 2012 and totally relapsed but have been back on a program since then and while im not cured I feel significantly better. It takes time but the diet, along with anti-fungals, and probiotics will help you start feeling better.

4. I would say about 2 months this time before I started noticing the symptoms getting better. The die-off is almost immediatly from my experience.

The program works but you have to keep in mind it takes dedication and discipline. This isnt something you are going to knock out over the weekend or anything. By most accounts I have read it takes 8-12 months to be completely symptom free.

Cora
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

thank you both!

desperately seeking good health
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 9

Cora wrote: I am very new to all of this. I just started the Candida diet 5 days ago. I have suffered for the past 2 years with fungal infections and vaginal infections that won’t get better with prescriptions meds. My doctor basically doesn’t know how to help me and even said so. I have also suffered extreme exahustion, anxiety, depression, mood swings, well…the list goes on. I have diagnosed myself with Candida and have decided this is my last hope for a normal life (the one I have is being ruined and has for a very long time.)

my symptoms were similar

me also! it was extremely hard the 1st 2 weeks, but it does get better

I buy Stonyfield greek organic plain… it has much less sugar than 17 grams, but I still cannot eat it…..it seems to make me bloat and I have not tried making my own yogurt or keifer.

personally, I noticed die off around a month into the diet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘new – please answer some questions’ is closed to new replies.