New on candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice New on candida

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jessy 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

John Mounts
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hello, I’m new around here, I actually found out what candida was just two weeks ago, and I found this site which is what I am basing most of my diet plan. I have huge willpower and I really want to get rid of this problem, but my biggest issues are:

1)I spend most of my day Monday-Friday at work which makes more difficult to bring healthy food to eat, but I have tried to follow the diet as close as possible, so when I go to restaurants I try to order either chicken and salad or just plain salad, but given that restaurants don`t know entirely about my problem I don’t know how estricly I`m following the plan, so If I ask for a drink of lemon they might use sugar.

2)I have tried to make all changes on my diet including, shifting from regular milk to almond milk, unfortunaly is sweetened becauses I Haven´t found it unsweetened, also I´m taking probiotics, soful of Yakult one a day, but of course it containse a little bit of sugar.

I bought stevia, I am starting with a spoon of coconut oil this week, I’m excercising at morning before work to get the toxines out of my sistem, and drinking good amounts of water during the day.

My question is, while I am trying my best to get rid of the candida I´m afraid that these issues might cause me trouble getting better or that I will not get any results at all and I really want to get better, I just am afraid I will not get any results even if I try my best. Is it possible for me to get better in these conditions? Thanks in advance.

–John

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Good question. And welcome! Your strong willpower will come in handy when you get die off symptoms. That will test you.

1: You can ask in restaurants to only put olive oil on salads, nothing else. Eating out doesnt have to be bad, just make sure they dont use: sugar, soy sauce, or ANY kind of sauce and vinnegar.

2: I’d advice you to stop the sweetened almond milk, and stop the yakult. Yakult is commercial nonsense, so packed with sugar it destroys its own benefits.

Stevia good, coconut oil great! Thats is a powerful anti fungal, and easy to incorporate in daily ritual. You can increase your coconut oil intake daily.

Now about your question. Will you get better? I cant say that for you on this limited info, but there is one simple golden rule for you to know yourself: If you dont experience die off symptoms, then either you are not trying hard enough, or you dont have candida. Dont know how they feel? Trust me, if you have candida, you will find out soon enough.

John Mounts

Thank you for replying chris! To be quite honest it’s been really hard, and as you can see I haven´t been able to follow 100% but I´m trying, it sound harder every step further but I think it´ll be worth the shot.

About restaurants I’m trying to be as picky as possible, even telling them what vegetables I want in my plate, but I`m worried about beverages there since I don´t know if they use sugar on them even if is lemon water or something else.

About the almond milk that´s a bummer I was actually feeling pretty well with it, but since the moment I read it was recommended unsweetened I knew it wasn´t gonna be just fine, I still wanted to give it a try.

Well I’m almost sure I got candida since I have several symptoms that I can’t explain otherwise like the white coated tongue, acne, difficulty losing weight, gas, mocus, Sinucitis, I mean I haven´t been bothered by it, until I heard about candida albincans and everything started to make sense.

And about the die-off which creeps the heck out of me, how much will it take to finally happen if I really have the candida, I started feeling some dizziness and nausea this morning, but I feel better right now, I don`t know if It was all in my mind because of reading about it or if it really happened in my body, but I would like to be aware of when could happen so I could be prepared, and how much does it last? 1 day, a week?

The coconut oil is pretty good, so I can add up the dosis each day? I read in the site that it´s got to be up to 5, right now I´m just taking one, so I don´t know how effective is being in that dosis and if it will make the die-off to come sooner or later that way.

Thanks for all your help, it really makes me feel more confidente about this problem!

Chris24

Skip beverages, water is fine, though you should really limit fluid intake when eating.

Die off at least takes 1,5 week, but could go on for some weeks more, depending on your protocol.

You can take a lot of coconut oil, and you will notice the effects when you take too much in one serving. Up to a max of 18 spoons a day has been mentioned on this forum.

Are you coping with die off now?

John Mounts

Hey Chris!

I actually started taking two spoons of coconut oil yesterday, and in the morning I started with diarrhea and some muscular pain, this morning once again I got diarrhea,gas, feel kind of dizzie, and both days I have been feeling fatigue, so much that I couldn´t keep up with my gym rutine yesterday and I decided to go home right away and today I simply decided not to go. At least if this is the die-off I think it´s working so it´s worth, let´s see if it doesn´t get worse.

I don´t really feel THAT bad, I have been having slight nauseas and headaches besides the symthoms I mentioned before, I also started taking vitamin C to deal with the die-off, I hope it won´t get worse as I add up more coconut oil to my daily plan.

some questions I forgot to ask last time, 1) is the die-off thing a one time thing, or it could happen twice or more during my treatmt? 2)is it useful to use coconut oil on your skin for the treatment of candida?

Thank you so much, it´s really been helpful.

Chris24

One thing I forgot, to cope with die off and less detrimental effect on your body Molybdenum amino acid chelate is often recommended on this forum. Check it out here http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

Other things that can directly help you are the spices turmeric and ginger. Ginger is a cure-all, and especially helpful for stomach and digestion issues (also nausea). Turmeric is a strong liver cleanser can be found seperate or in ready made curry powders. Another liver cleanser is lemon. You can use the juice of the lemon and a pinch of salt to make rehydration lemonwater. And then you can use the rest of the flesh and peels of the lemon to make lemonginger tea. I swear, the best start of the day is lemonginger tea on an empty stomach. Especially for die off.

Now you are experiencing clear die off symptoms. Exercise will have to wait at this stage. If the die-off feels like too much, then take it easy on the coconut oil. The diet alone can cause serious die off. Later you can check out more antifungals.

The initial die off is the worst and is a one time thing.
    The second question, you mean the acne? We adress the internal problem because that is where the cause of all the symptoms is. Fixing that should fix the rest. That is, if its really the candida thats causing it. I have heard of ghee relieving rashes and eczema, i can imagine coconut oil doing the same.

Oh, are you on probiotics? http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Probiotics-Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

And more great info here http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

John Mounts

Once again thank you for all the advice Chris!

The Die-off hasn´t been nice but I thought it´d be 1000 times worse, since I just got a few of the sympthoms and some of them have been just slightly present and others have been stronger (diahrrea, fatighe and dizziness), I hope that doesn´t mean I am not doing the treatmeant correctly.

Thank you for the ginger and waterlemon recipe, I’ll have it on mind if my sympthoms become intolerable.

About the coconut oil on the skin, I have acne, but my question is more if that could also help with my candida problem, since it is said that the candida is also on the skin.

About the probiotics I’m having trouble finding organic yogurt, and I don´t know about doing it myself since I could mess up somehow, I would prefer something bought, I saw one bio-yogurt in the store but I don´t know if is good for my probiotic plan 😛

Also, I have been reading great recipes here ( since vegetables and chicken are getting old on my diet) and I wanted to try the almond pancakes and I went to the store to buy some gluten free baking powder, I saw one that contains no sugar but mentioned something about levadura which can be translated to yeast or baking powder for the quimical version and on parenthesis it said “Tetrasodium pyrophosphate, Sodium bicarbonate, Monocalcium phosphate”, so I didn´t buy it since I thought it could make things worse, is it ok to use this on my diet? also can I sweet some of this recipes with vanilla extract?

I also found this brown rice cereal is it good for my diet plan? and for that matter are the gluten free and diabetic zone products useful for the candida diet?

Sorry if I am annoying you with all these questions, and I really want to get better, but vegetables and chicken most of the time is kind of driving me crazy

Chris’87
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Yo its me (Chris24) My account got banned for reasons unknown to me.

Questions are good, especially when it concerns your health. Im also learning from your questions, that is why I am here, and I am greatful for learning.

The candida is in the gut. I dont think putting it on your skin will do more than eating it.

Commercial yogurt works, but not for all people. Some people should not have it, as it can cause indigestion and bloating. Try out greek yogurt (it has the lowest sugar amount) and see what it does for you. Also check out the possibility of making kefir.

The baking powder ingredients should be alright, although I was confused by the levadura, which means yeast. Levadura química should be baking powder.
    Sodium bicarbonate is the actual baking powder. If you’re unsure go to the organic store. There is baking powder without other ingredients.

Unfortunately, the brown rice cerial is not allowed, as it contains brown rice syrup. Whats good for diabetics is often not good for candida sufferers. So what it comes down to is that we have to make our own stuff, which you can find on the recipe section. You have to get creative.

You can eat brown rice with your vegetables, but red rice or black rice would be better. And what about fish? I eat canned fish every day and use the oil (often sunflower or olive) from it in my food. Easy too.

needtogetthisshitsorted
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

How would it even be possible to eat out during this diet?

Indian/thai/chinese/italian/mexican/spanish restaurants are practically off the menu. 🙁

And there is no way you could ask a chef oh by the way can you not put any sugar in that…(Unless you’re at a really posh restaurant!)

Chris24

needtogetthisshitsorted wrote: How would it even be possible to eat out during this diet?

Indian/thai/chinese/italian/mexican/spanish restaurants are practically off the menu. 🙁

And there is no way you could ask a chef oh by the way can you not put any sugar in that…(Unless you’re at a really posh restaurant!)

Eating out is pretty hard. Indian restaurants have some valid stuff. Tapas bar has some good options, and you can ask the waiter what each meal contains. The rest is all salads without dressing and fish without marinade or sauce. Grilled chicken is fine too. You cant really cheat on this or be like “what the hell”, as it will often set you back too much and demotivate you, causing you to quit and binge on sugar, and youll feel even worse. It is just not worth it.

John Mounts

Chris’87 wrote: Yo its me (Chris24) My account got banned for reasons unknown to me.

Questions are good, especially when it concerns your health. Im also learning from your questions, that is why I am here, and I am greatful for learning.

The candida is in the gut. I dont think putting it on your skin will do more than eating it.

Commercial yogurt works, but not for all people. Some people should not have it, as it can cause indigestion and bloating. Try out greek yogurt (it has the lowest sugar amount) and see what it does for you. Also check out the possibility of making kefir.

The baking powder ingredients should be alright, although I was confused by the levadura, which means yeast. Levadura química should be baking powder.
    Sodium bicarbonate is the actual baking powder. If you’re unsure go to the organic store. There is baking powder without other ingredients.

Unfortunately, the brown rice cerial is not allowed, as it contains brown rice syrup. Whats good for diabetics is often not good for candida sufferers. So what it comes down to is that we have to make our own stuff, which you can find on the recipe section. You have to get creative.

You can eat brown rice with your vegetables, but red rice or black rice would be better. And what about fish? I eat canned fish every day and use the oil (often sunflower or olive) from it in my food. Easy too.

Thank you Chris!

Well, now at least I can have dfferent food in my diet, it was driving me crazy to eat eggs for breakfast every morning.

I also checked it out and you are right about the baking powder, it also contains inulina which I have heard is good.

Now I got a new question, it’s been impossible to find coconut milk or almond milk unsweetened, but I found this canary grass seed milk, I checked the nutrimental chart and I saw that it contains no sugar and no carbohydrates, but before trying it or even buying it, I wanted to know if this was allowed on the diet?

Once again thanks a lot for your help and support!

Chris24

Wow thats really interesting stuff. I remember I met a guy once who said he made a power drink with just some seeds, soaking them overnight so the seed would grow into some sort of superfood, then blend it with water and drink, this is what he was talking about. He said that it was an insane energy booster.
    So, should be great if i have to believe the stories. If it does not contain any weird ingredients then it should be fine for you to take.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I have yet to find almond milk unsweetened but I did find coconut milk without anything added. I found it in the asian section of the grocery store. It is in cans. I now notice it in most stores. You might be able to find it fresh in asian markets.

Baking poweder should be aluminum free like this
    http://www.amazon.com/Rumford-Aluminum-Baking-8-1-Ounce-Canisters/dp/B001LQRKC8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1332100009&sr=8-3

This yogurt has 5 bacterial strains and only 5 grams of sugar if you can find it in your area

http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/html/yplain.php

John Mounts

Chris24 wrote: Wow thats really interesting stuff. I remember I met a guy once who said he made a power drink with just some seeds, soaking them overnight so the seed would grow into some sort of superfood, then blend it with water and drink, this is what he was talking about. He said that it was an insane energy booster.
    So, should be great if i have to believe the stories. If it does not contain any weird ingredients then it should be fine for you to take.

I swear you have ESP, just today I was talking to someone who drinks this and she gave the explantion you just did.

Also if you are interested here are some links on how to make it:

http://silverq.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Canary-Grass-Seed-Alpiste-Milk

Thank you for all the support! I feel like this starting to be easier now.

Marbro wrote: I have yet to find almond milk unsweetened but I did find coconut milk without anything added. I found it in the asian section of the grocery store. It is in cans. I now notice it in most stores. You might be able to find it fresh in asian markets.

Baking poweder should be aluminum free like this
    http://www.amazon.com/Rumford-Aluminum-Baking-8-1-Ounce-Canisters/dp/B001LQRKC8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1332100009&sr=8-3

This yogurt has 5 bacterial strains and only 5 grams of sugar if you can find it in your area

http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/html/yplain.php

Thanks a bunch for the info, I will try to look for them.

jessy
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi all,
    I am also new here, i successfully treating my 3 year old autistic son who has a leaky gut and was diagnosed by our DAN nutritionist as having candida overgrowth, we started him on a candida formula and eliminated dairy and gluten from his diet, within a couple of weeks he had started to say some words (though still not able to hold conversation) and his behavior had drastically improved.All this just from treating the gut along with some dietary changes, it just goes to show how much candida is a problem with kids these days with behavioral problems.It was this turnaround which spurned my to provide my own line of products to treat digestive problems.Has anybody else had experience with treating kids for candida?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New on candida’ is closed to new replies.