New Member – Thank you

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New Member – Thank you

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Himawari 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Trixie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hi all
    I’m a new member on the site however I have been following you guys for about 5/6 weeks now and I want to say how brilliant this site is. I have been on the diet for 4 weeks now, including a 5 day detox at the start. The reason I started was because an allergy test came back positive for candida (and egg yolk) and as I started to research things it seemed like all the issues I have could be related, and like the rest of you the doctor I went to didn’t want to hear about it!!
    I have very bad seborrheic dermatitis on my head, I suffer from sinus polyps for which I’ve had 2 surgeries (and many antibiotics), I was having bad stomach cramps and bloating which is one of the main reasons I got the allergy testing done and I also suffer a few times a year with “lady” thrush and oral thrush.
    So as I said I have been following this diet for the last 4 weeks, as best I can as I live in the Middle East and can’t get some things. My probiotic is rubbish, 4 billion with 3 strains, and I can’t get oil of oregano or grapefruit seed extract, but I am going home in 10 days and have ordered lots of stuff from Amazon so it’s waiting for me. I’ve been using coconut oil and garlic as my antifungal and as of yesterday started taking apple cider vinegar (it’s not organic but it seems ok). I also take organic greek yogurt to add to the probiotic. The only organic thing I eat at the moment are the eggs (white), as I said, finding stuff over here isn’t always easy. But I’m working with it the best I can. I eat some chicken and salmon but not every day. I also alternate buckwheat, millet and since a few days ago oat bran bread.
    Anyway, my stomach problems seem to have all but disappeared but my main concern now is the dermatitis. It’s like a constant annoyance. I’ve started to put coconut clove oil mix on it every few days but to me it’s not improving yet. I saw 1 or 2 people here have the same issue and I’m wondering how they’re getting on. I’m going to really blast myself with the antifungals and probiotics when I get home and maybe that’ll be the nail in the coffin for this curse.
    Anyway, I look forward to being part of the little community here and thank you for listening.
    Trix

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Trixie, welcome to the forum.

Sorry that you have to suffer from Seborrheic dermatitis on top of the Candida infestation. Seems this is rather common, and also a difficult beast to tame. Good luck to you on your health-seeking journey and a safe trip back to America. Looks like you’re going to be home for Christmas, very nice.

Able

Trixie

Hi Able
    Thank you for your reply.
    So I’m wondering, do you not think the dermatitis is caused by the candida? I’m only asking as it has been the bane of my life for a long time and I was really hoping that this lifestyle change (not diet!!) would heal it!

I also have another question, are we allowed rhubarb? Sorry, slightly off topic!!

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Trixie!!!!!! (Don’t I know you from somewhere?!)

Really delighted you decided to join the site – welcome!

Lx

Able900
    Spectator

Trixie wrote: Thank you for your reply. So I’m wondering, do you not think the dermatitis is caused by the candida? I’m only asking as it has been the bane of my life for a long time and I was really hoping that this lifestyle change (not diet!!) would heal it! I also have another question, are we allowed rhubarb? Sorry, slightly off topic!!

Hello, Trixie.

According to the research I’ve found in the past, S. dermatitis is believed to be a superficial fungal disease caused by a type of yeast called Malassezia folliculitis. The dermatitis is due to the yeast growing in the hair follicles producing inflammation which is of course called Seborrheic dermatitis. As we know, a Candida infestation is caused by an overgrowth of the Candida albicans yeast. My guess is that having both is a yeast connection; if a person’s system presents an environment that is beneficial to the overgrowth of one type of yeast, there’s a good chance that another overgrowth could occur as well.

Rhubarb is fine on the diet and has now been added to the list. I’m beginning to think perhaps a “foods not allowed” list would have been wiser.

Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Ooooh lovely, I love rhubarb!!

Trixie

Thank you Able, as always you’re a font of knowledge. Well hopefully by getting control of the candida I’ll get control of the other.

Am delighted about the rhubarb, roll on spring so I can stock up!

Thank you Lucylu for the welcome, and thank you for introducing me to this site!!!

Trix x

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider taking vitamin C (with bioflavanoids) to help heal the skin. This has been really effective for my treatment.

I would also consider an anti-inflammatory diet, which will reduce the inflammation in your body (and thus heal the dermatitis).

Cod liver oil is a great anti-inflammatory but there are many others.

Here’s a great site to look up nutritional information about the foods you eat. It also has an inflammation scale.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

-Raster

Trixie

Thank you Raster, I will up my vitamin C intake and I’m already taking cod liver oil so hopefully it’ll help. I’ll also study the website you’ve given, make sure I’m getting enough anti inflammatory foods into me.
    Thanks again for the info.
    Trix x

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

Able900 wrote: I’m beginning to think perhaps a “foods not allowed” list would have been wiser.

Able

Actually, I’m finding the “acceptable” list to be extremely helpful. There are “not acceptable” lists all over the place, and I always find myself wondering “okay, but what about this item? It’s kinda like this acceptable item, but also kind like this unacceptable item…” For instance, cucumbers, avocado, and the like are “fruits” so unless they were explicitly stated as “acceptable” I would assume they are not. When I go shopping, I can just whip out my phone and double-check the acceptable list against my shopping basket. Way easier than reading through an entire list of unacceptables, double-checking Wikipedia to find out what certain foods are classified as, etc. etc.

Not to mention the sad truth that there are fewer foods that we can than cannot eat, so the “acceptable” list is most certainly going to be shorter (and therefore easier to maintain/read).

What I’m trying to say is, the acceptable list has been a godsend. Please keep up the good work!

Able900
    Spectator

Himawari;

Thanks for letting us know how useful you’re finding the list. Much appreciated information.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just so we are clear, cucumber’s and avocado’s are allowed. One whole cucumber contains 5g of sugar while avocado contains less than 1g of sugar per serving.

Glad you found the list helpful…

-Raster

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

Ah, sorry, I guess I worded that awkwardly. What I was trying to say was that because of the acceptable list I know that cucumbers and avocados are okay, but if I were simply looking at a list of “unacceptable foods” and saw “all fruits” listed, I would assume that included cucumbers and avocados because they are technically fruits. Therefore, listing each and every acceptable food individually (rather than simply stating what we can’t have or only listing general food groups like “green leafy vegetables”) is very helpful.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Member – Thank you’ is closed to new replies.