New Member — Desperate!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New Member — Desperate!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

pattie s.
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

I am writing for my sister who is so weak she can barely lift her head off the pillow. when she developed what we felt like were severe candida symptoms — thrush in mouth, bad rash under her breasts, and generally feeling terrible — someone at our local health food store told her to take Can-Sol (which she’s been on for a month and a half till a few days ago). she also takes Ultimate Flora and Spirulina. she’s changed her diet drastically, quit eating any meat or processed foods, eats yeast-free bread and free-range eggs. mistakenly, i now realize, she has been eating a sweet potato every night, along with a green vegetable (frozen). we are on a prety tight budget … disability and social security. she has panic/anxiety syndrome and has become so terribly emotional and weak in the last few weeks that she felt she had to stop the Can-Sol for now. she always has trouble with constipation and does various things to try to alleviate that, including mineral oil, saline enemas occasionally, and even commercial constipation products. i realize she needs to stop eating sweet potatoes. another problem is she has no teeth right now, as she had them removed for dentures but can’t wear her 1-year temporary set. so she can’t eat salads. she has gotten so weak, we are truly frightened. we ordered Molybdenum and Nettle Tea as well as a natural constipation product after finding this site a few days ago. Reading everything here is so overwhelming. of course, her regular doctor doesn’t really know what to do. she took Ny-Statin for awhile, and he did prescribe something that has alleviated the thrush in her mouth, though now her lips are swelling (i don’t think there’s a connection there… didn’t happen at same time). she was so faint and nauseated a few days ago, she went to emergency room. but all they did was a blood test and said she was a little low in potassium. she takes extremely good multiple vitamins (which she orders) that have high amounts of all vitamins–6 pills in all. she also takes fish oil. as i said, we feel overwhelmed by the plethora of information here, and are also somewhat limited by budget and her lack of teeth. and we are frightened, since she’s gotten so much worse in last week. she’s afraid she’s dieing. what do ya’ll think of Can-Sol? we don’t think she should start back on it now, as she is so terribly weak. can hardly get up. molybdenum should get here today. Help!

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey Pattie, that sounds really overwhelming… I was wondering, do you have a blender or could you get one cheaply? If you have a blender, perhaps you could blend up some good veggies for her to just drink? I know it wouldn’t taste all that great but she would get some nutrition that way. Obviously, organic veggies are best but if all you can get are frozen, try to get some on the list of candida allowed veggies.

Are they giving her something for the anxiety? I have GAD and depression so I know it can be awful… I am sure more people will answer on here with more helpful answers. Sorry that you and your sister are having to go through this.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I am writing for my sister who is so weak she can barely lift her head off the pillow. when she developed what we felt like were severe candida symptoms — thrush in mouth, bad rash under her breasts, and generally feeling terrible — someone at our local health food store told her to take Can-Sol (which she’s been on for a month and a half till a few days ago). she also takes Ultimate Flora and Spirulina. she’s changed her diet drastically, quit eating any meat or processed foods, eats yeast-free bread and free-range eggs. mistakenly, i now realize, she has been eating a sweet potato every night, along with a green vegetable (frozen). we are on a prety tight budget … disability and social security. she has panic/anxiety syndrome and has become so terribly emotional and weak in the last few weeks that she felt she had to stop the Can-Sol for now. she always has trouble with constipation and does various things to try to alleviate that, including mineral oil, saline enemas occasionally, and even commercial constipation products. i realize she needs to stop eating sweet potatoes.

Have her to stop taking the Can-sol completely as well as the Spirulina. She is suffering from the dying Candida’s aldehyde toxins which are making her sicker instead of better.

another problem is she has no teeth right now, as she had them removed for dentures but can’t wear her 1-year temporary set. so she can’t eat salads. she has gotten so weak, we are truly frightened.

You should be juicing vegetables for her to drink at least five times a day. She needs nutrition now more than she needs anything else.

we ordered Molybdenum and Nettle Tea as well as a natural constipation product after finding this site a few days ago. Reading everything here is so overwhelming. of course, her regular doctor doesn’t really know what to do. she took Ny-Statin for awhile, and he did prescribe something that has alleviated the thrush in her mouth, though now her lips are swelling (i don’t think there’s a connection there… didn’t happen at same time). she was so faint and nauseated a few days ago, she went to emergency room. but all they did was a blood test and said she was a little low in potassium. she takes extremely good multiple vitamins (which she orders) that have high amounts of all vitamins–6 pills in all.

I’d like to see the ingredients in the multiple vitamin if you don’t mind. You can send me the brand name and type if you will so that I can research it online.

she also takes fish oil. as i said, we feel overwhelmed by the plethora of information here, and are also somewhat limited by budget and her lack of teeth. and we are frightened, since she’s gotten so much worse in last week. she’s afraid she’s dieing. what do ya’ll think of Can-Sol? we don’t think she should start back on it now, as she is so terribly weak. can hardly get up. molybdenum should get here today.

Give her 250 mcg of Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate four times a day. If she received it this afternoon, give her at least 500 mcg before she goes to sleep tonight. Always spread the doses out over a day. Have her drink a lot of water, and at least three cups of the Nettle Leaf tea a day. If she begins to feel better and is able to, she would benefit from soaking in a hot tub of water for about 15 minutes. This will help to remove the toxins as well.

Please continue posting on the forum for her sake.
    Able

shayfo
    Replies: 668

In addition to juice, if you have a blender, you can make this soup: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6243_Bieler-Broth–AKA-BEST-SOUP-EVER.aspx

You might want to cut down on the garlic in the recipe, though, since garlic is antifungal and can cause more of the die-off Able900 mentioned. You could just add salt and pepper instead.

I’m glad you two have found this forum. It’s definitely helped me and lots of other people.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

She is experiencing liver and kidney symptoms because she didn’t take anything to protect these organs from the die-off toxins.

Additionally, its worth noting that this is a long process and you aren’t going to get better in weeks, but months instead (from candida overgrowth). The more is not the merrier and what she is doing is a detriment to her health.

A different way to get over die-off is to sweat out the toxins via the skin, the bodies largest organ. This can completely reduce die-off; you can do this by doing a sauna, steam room, hot tub, jacuzzi, or even hot bath.

Vitamin C is also a great vitamin for die-off. Milk thistle is great for the liver.

It’s very expensive to treat yourself for candida…

-raster

Kag

Oh and Pattie, I forgot to tell you that there is a website called “Free-cycle”. A lot of people on it give things away for just the cost of shipping. Maybe you could find a blender there?

pattie s.

Able900:

Regarding the ingredients in her multiple vitamin, QVC has discontinued the formula that she is taking, the updated formula is here, please see the version for Women over 50.

There are a few differences, namely her formula has:

1 gram Total Carbohydrate
    900mcg Vitamin B12
    Contains no Iron
    Contains Boron [as Boron Chelate] 3mg
    and contains 65mg Alpha Liporic Acid

also, what specific juices are suitable for a Candida diet? I understand nutrition is especially important at this moment.
    Thank you so much for your help.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

You can make any juices that are from vegetables on the strict diet – message Able for the list.

I just bought my cousin a blender from Target that was $19.99 (I know if you’re broke, that’s still a lot of money) so if you can scrape the pennies together, it’s actually pretty decent for the price. I just made a batch of Bieler broth (the recipe shayfo posted) and although I had to leave it running for about 5 minutes, it eventually pureed up into nearly the same consistency as my roommate’s $300+ Vitamix blender.

I REALLY recommend the Bieler broth! Just watch the coconut oil and garlic because they are antifungal (at least until she’s taken molybdenum amino acid chelate for awhile), but otherwise, that soup was invented by a doctor for folks convalescing from illness. It has many nutrients and is also just freaking delicious. I have some nearly every day.

Good luck to you both!! Welcome to the forum.

Able900
    Spectator

pattie s.;36730 wrote: Able900:

Regarding the ingredients in her multiple vitamin, QVC has discontinued the formula that she is taking, the updated formula is here, please see the version for Women over 50.
    There are a few differences, namely her formula has:

1 gram Total Carbohydrate
    900mcg Vitamin B12
    Contains no Iron
    Contains Boron [as Boron Chelate] 3mg
    and contains 65mg Alpha Liporic Acid

also, what specific juices are suitable for a Candida diet? I understand nutrition is especially important at this moment.
    Thank you so much for your help.

The Recommended Daily Allowance of B12 for adults is 2.4 mcg. The QVC multiple contains about 10,000 percent of the RDA for B12. There is a natural ratio of B vitamins for a human. This gigantic amount of one B vitamin over the others can cause a deficiency in other B vitamins.

I could only find a listing of all the vitamins but not the amounts of each, so I don’t know how much more the B12 she would be obtaining than the other B vitamins, but I imagine there’s quite a difference. Biotin, another B vitamin, is just as if not more important to a Candida treatment as B12 is, but I couldn’t find the amount that she would be obtaining from the multiple. As far as I can tell from the information I did find, the amounts of B vitamins are the major problem with the multiple vitamin.

As far as juices are concerned, there are no commercially prepared juices that I would recommend for a Candida patient. The best thing to do is try to find an affordable juicer and make juice from any or all of the vegetables below. You don’t necessarily have to purchase organic as long as you wash them thoroughly, but you should buy either fresh or frozen vegetables.

Asparagus
    Bok choy
    Broccoli
    Cabbage
    Celery
    Collard greens
    Cucumber
    Dandelion greens
    Endive
    Green beans
    Kale
    Lettuce
    Okra (non-breaded)
    Seaweed
    Spinach
    Swiss chard

Once she is strong enough to eat antifungal foods, she can eat the other vegetables shown on the strict diet that I’m going to send you in a private message. This is the diet that most of the forum members are using along with the protocol. Testimonies to the Protocol and Diet

Able

Kag

Here is a link to Freecycle so that you can try to find a group in your area.
    http://www.freecycle.org/

pattie s.

We really thank every one of you who has replied from the bottom of our heart. We DO have a blender, but thank you for all your tips about that. I made the soup yesterday, and she had it for supper, along with a little organic chicken. We started the Molybdenum day before yesterday, 2 doses, and 4 yesterday. She definitely seemed to improve. But this morning she is Very Bad again, very weak and extremely emotional (she wants to die). it’s hard to say how much her panic/anxiety syndrome plays into her despair. She’s on Zoloft and valium, the valium mainly to sleep, but she has decreased it pretty drastically recently as she feels her body is much more sensitive now. She went 12 hours between doses of Molybdenum (last night & today), and my son (we’re both writing ya’ll) thinks that’s maybe why she’s taken such a bad turn for the worse. We also started her on Triphala which we got as a constipation aid. Yesterday, she had only a meager bowel movement, and i’m wondering if that’s the main problem with her reversal. I read somewhere here she could take 2 tablespoons of olive oil followed by a cup of warm water 3x a day for constipation, so maybe we should be doing that??? Shes’ not strong enough yet to get into a tub of hot water to help detox that way. Though yesterday, she was able to walk and sit up a bit. Candidadie and Milk Thistle should be here by Tuesday.

Able 900 … the Biotin is 300 mcg. And i guess you noticed that in the new formula the B-12 amount was decreased from 900 mcg to 300, but we don’t have the new formula yet.

We do realize (and she does too) that this is a long process and we can’t expect miracles overnight. But she is feeling so bad now, that we continue to be alarmed and frightened. Thank you again for all the advice and help so far. Any other suggestions, of course, will be greatly appreciated. Ya’ll are a fantastic group of people!

Kag

Pattie, you tell her that I said that it will get better! I am rooting for her! I have had severe anxiety/depression since I was in my 20’s. I know how awful it can make you feel, like you are just frozen and can’t do anything. I think as soon as her nutrition gets better, her mood will get better too. I take Zoloft and an occasional clonazepam. The couple of times I have felt like things were getting the better of me, I have upped my dose. Anxiety and depression runs in my family. Nobody that hasn’t experienced anxiety can understand how crippling it can be. I lost 17 pounds with my last bout because it makes me incapable of eating.

Tell her not to give up, that I feel her pain and I know how hard it is. I know what it is like to be so tired that you want to go to sleep and just never wake up again. I am purposely thinking of her every couple of hours now and and sending her prayers and healing light. Tell her that I said that if she has a family that cares for her like you do, then she must be something special and that she is here for a reason. We are all part of this circle and are here for a reason.

Sending you hugs as well. <3<3<3

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Please try bone broth as well, this is packed with minerals, vitamins and nutrition and should help her get stronger. I just put some sea salt and parsley in it and drink it. Here is a good recipe, I make a combination of this and add rosemary and bay leaf for taste: http://www.wonderfulingredients.com/soups-on-sunday

Best of luck to all of you!

Arijana

pattie s.

Kag and Orka —

thanks so much for your replies. the bone soup sounds wonderful, Orka, and hopefully we can get the ingredients before too long. Kag, i can tell you empathize with what Pattie (my name’s bobbi, actually!) is going through. as bad as the die-off is for everyone, no one but a fellow anxiety-depression victim can truly understand the depth the despair can get to. she is a bit better today, so we’re just taking one step at a time. trying to concentrate on alleviating the die-off toxins for now before we start again with anti-fungals. this is all so new it can get quite confusing. thank you SO much for your encouragement. we’re passing it directly to Pattie. prayer is what’s gotten her through so far, so we really appreciate your prayers and healing thoughts. it definitely helps to have ya’ll to come to when she’s feeling too frightened or overwhelmed. God bless !

Able900
    Spectator

pattie s.;36888 wrote: She went 12 hours between doses of Molybdenum (last night & today), and my son (we’re both writing ya’ll) thinks that’s maybe why she’s taken such a bad turn for the worse.

I’m fairly certain that your son is correct. It’s extremely important that you keep the molybdenum in her body around the clock at this point, otherwise the toxins are going to be too strong for her weak body to deal with.

We also started her on Triphala which we got as a constipation aid. Yesterday, she had only a meager bowel movement, and i’m wondering if that’s the main problem with her reversal. I read somewhere here she could take 2 tablespoons of olive oil followed by a cup of warm water 3x a day for constipation, so maybe we should be doing that???

The olive oil and warm water would be fine; this can be addition to the Triphala. If all esle fails, she can take a mild laxative because she has to get the toxins out of her body.

We do realize (and she does too) that this is a long process and we can’t expect miracles overnight. But she is feeling so bad now, that we continue to be alarmed and frightened.

You should constantly remind her that your description above is simply part of the progress which a person goes through when treating a Candida infestation. First of all, once a person starts killing the Candida with the diet and supplements, they still have the Candida infestation to deal with, but at the same time they are adding the aldehyde toxins to the mix which makes them even sicker. This is why it’s so important to do everything possible to treat the toxins and lessen their effect on the body. It’s not unusual at all for a person with a bad infestation to end up in bed with the die-off symptoms if they are not treating them properly, and sometimes even if they are.
    As you wrote in this post, “She definitely seemed to improve. But this morning she is Very Bad again.” You can expect this to continue for quite some time unfortunately, but it does not mean that the treatment is not working as long as she is staying with our protocol which I sent you in the private message. As long as she is doing this, her infestation and general health condition are both improving whether it appears so or not, and as Kag wrote, “It will get better” (and easier).

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Member — Desperate!’ is closed to new replies.