new member – a few questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions new member – a few questions

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CuringMyGut 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

CuringMyGut
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 14

Hi,

This is my first post, but have read a lot of posts on this forum. Thank you all for all the information.

1) Why do many links on the forum give 404 error (page not found). I see this a lot with pages from Able and people referring to important and popular posts?

2) I think I have candida. Did a stool test but was mostly a waste of time and money. The only info I got from it was inflamed mucosal lining, which can originate from candida and bad bacteria. The good bacteria were normal and no worms and candida. But I do have many symptoms of bad bacteria / candida. I also feel better on diet (1 week on strict diet) and get lots of die off. I also get less brain fog when taking a lot of probiotics. I think I will just continue on this road, also when I am not 100% sure I have candida. Am I alone in this situation and opinion? I did do the test with spit in a glass of clear water, first thing in the morning, quite some candida spores.

3) Yes/no rotating probiotics and anti-fungals. People on this forum seem not to agree on this point 🙂

4) In case it is SIBO, can I continue this way? I do not know if the knowledge is on this forum, but I guess SIBO is quite common with people like us, right?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

1. Apparently, Able removed a lot of his posts and moved them behind a paywall somewhere. Not cool.

2. If the stool test says you don’t have a candida overgrowth, don’t discount it. It might be correct. Sticking to healthy lifestyle changes won’t hurt in any case.

The spit test is garbage by the way. It was created by a probiotics manufacturer to sell their product, threelac.

3. Don’t rotate antifungals. Stack them instead (i.e. take 2 or 3 together). As for rotating probiotics, it doesn’t matter and it might even be a good idea.

CuringMyGut
    Participant

Hi Wiley,

Thanks for answering my questions.

doublek
    Participant
    Replies: 46

I pretty much agree with what Wiley200 said, but will add a few things.

2. I don’t know if anyone is 100% sure that candida is the problem. I never did any tests, but the oral thrust on my tongue combined with the other symptoms was convincing enough.

3. I don’t really know the answer to this, but I’ve gone with stacking and it seems to work well. It has been suggested that rotating is necessary because the candida will become resistant to the anti-fungals. While that certainly makes sense if you’re using drugs with natural antifungals, I haven’t seen any proof of this being true.

4. Candida frequently co-exists with SIBO and h pylori (look up that one too), so its very possible you may have both. The treatment for SIBO is similiar. The diet is pretty much the same, you just need to use some natural antibiotics (as opposed to antifungals). If you think you have SIBO (its hard to tell the symptoms are similar), I’d recommend things such as berberine, black seed oil, oregano oil (short-term), neem, and lactoferrin.

CuringMyGut
    Participant

Hi Doublek

I recently done a stool test and these were the results:

Color: normal
    Starch: none
    Normal fat content
    Normal fiber content
    Number of Enterobacteriaceae and E.coli: normal
    Number of Enterococcen: normal
    Number of Lactobacillen: normal
    Number of Bifidobacteriën: normal
    Yeast: none
    Fungi: none
    Number of Calprotectin: normal
    Concentration of Secretoir IgA: high (normal range: 300 – 2040 µg/ml value:2072)
    IgA-anti-t-Transglutaminase and IgA-antigliadine: high

What I do know is this:
    -I have a white coating on my tongue
    -When I eat it takes about 20-30 minutes before I get bloating (location: small intestine?)
    -When I do not use probiotics, my food lays like a brick in my stomach
    -When I eat sugar I get bloated
    -Mucosal inflammation
    -When I take a large dose of probiotics (fermented carrots) my brain fog clears quite a bit. Normally it seems like I have molasse in my brain
    -I always feel much better and cleaner when I have taken charcoal (seems blood is toxic)
    -Stool smells funny and food is not always digested (result of stool test)
    -Also when taken probiotics in large dose (cannot maintain this because of weak adrenals, more like a test thingy) my mood clears and the negative thoughts disappear
    -People like myself who have a mercury problem, often have a candida problem because of weakened immune system and bad brain-gut connection.

CuringMyGut
    Participant

Is it possible to make the sibo treatment part of the candida diet?

doublek
    Participant

I’m not a doctor and don’t know much about stool tests, but the white coating on your tongue should be an indication that you have a candida problem. What I’d like to know is how can the stool test be completely negative for yeast when everybody is supposed to have some candida in their body? I don’t know the answer, but that’s something I would ask the doctor about.

To answer your question, I suppose you can treat candida and Sibo at the same time, but I’d use caution. You don’t want to start taking too many antifungals/antimicrobials at the same time because the die-off will be intense. Whatever you decide to do, start taking only a few things and once you know you can handle them then you can add something else to the mix. I treated the SIBO first then the candida. The SIBO has worse symptoms, but is easier to get rid of (it should only take a few weeks). The candida takes forever to get rid of.

CuringMyGut
    Participant

Hi DoubleK,

Yes I wasn’t thinking of doing everything at once, especially with my weak adrenals.

Funny I heard that SIBO could be a real pain in the butt to get rid of!

What were those SIBO symptoms you had problems with? What diet did you use? I read here that you are not supposed to use probiotics and high fiber foods for a week or so in combo with antibiotics (natural).

doublek
    Participant

You can read about my SIBO here: https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/my-story-2/. My diet has basically been to eliminate as much sugar as possible and otherwise low-carb. Don’t see why you wouldn’t want to take probiotics right away. You have to replace the bad bacteria with something.

CuringMyGut
    Participant

As I see it, you do not want to create to much room for candida to spread, when killing the bad bacteria. I think they say not to use probiotics, because the products you use during SIBO diet also kills good bacteria. But I agree with you that good bacteria need to be replaced.

Doublek: hearing you speak, you did use probiotics during SIBO diet?

doublek
    Participant

Yes, I’ve been using probiotics the whole time.

CuringMyGut
    Participant

Hi,

I will be starting with the SIBO diet in a few weeks, I have two questions so far:

1) Did anybody fix their SIBO, with the SIBO diet, I am asking because my adrenals do not really like a low carb diet.

2) I have bought berberine and peppermint caps, what doses should I use daily. I plan instead of one week, a two weak SIBO treatment, because my adrenals probably cannot cope with the doses I need to take. Funny is I need my SIBO fixed before my adrenals will recovery in a normal way!

Thanks

doublek
    Participant

1. Yes, I did fix sibo with diet and supplements, its much easier to fix than candida. The diet is probably more important for the candida than the sibo.

2. I’m having trouble remembering how much berberine I used when I was taking it (it was a few months ago) I think I was taking 500mg, three times a day, but not 100% sure. The peppermint caps I’m actually taking right now for candida, but they’re good for relief from bloating too. I take 362mg (2 pills) twice a day.

CuringMyGut
    Participant

Is low carb/low fiber a real must or will it just speed up the process of getting rid of SIBO. If It takes a few weeks longer that will be fine with me! I ask because I already have very weak adrenals and low carb is just hard on adrenals!

Anybody!

CuringMyGut
    Participant

I just read that it is better to fight the bad bacteria / good bacteria (SIBO) when they are active. So getting on a low fiber and carb diet seems not to be the best idea in all cases! Very good news when you have weak adrenals 🙂

Also getting to low carb, makes the good gut flora less active. So it seems the normal candida diet is good to follow to lessen symptoms and just let the antimicrobials (natural antibiotics) do their work. And when overgrowth is gone, the good bacteria are then ready to take over!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘new member – a few questions’ is closed to new replies.