New here, my storry, need advice…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New here, my storry, need advice…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lex
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Hello, I developed major candida overgrowth in the spring of 2008, after developing an infection in my leg which required major doses of IV antibiotics. I was also drinking heavily around this time, and needless to say… I developed a major case. I am on disability and have been for a long time. At 20 I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and I also have severe interstitial cystitis and I have asthma and panic disorder, as well as a sleep disorder (which mucks up my immune system further). I do not eat meat any longer for ethical reasons, but will eat small amounts of oysters and mussels etc- however, they are too expensive for me to eat much of.

I would like to know what foods I can eat to beat the candida, since I do not eat meat or eggs or consume milk. In addition, my income is very limited because I am on disability and moreso this month, because I helped family member out so I have 20 dollars to last me for food for approximately the next two weeks. The foods given at food banks, etc… generally are no good for trying to beat candida!

I would like to know what vegetables would be the best for me to eat to kill the candida or at least slow it down. I have just slightly more than a dollar a day to spend on food for the next 14 days, so cheap veggies only please. This month is particularly rough. I have tried fasting before but that seems to trigger panic attacks. I recently got myself a book on foraging wild plant foods in my part of the world so I think I might also do that. Out of all the vegetables I can buy, which ones would be the best for killing candida but also keeping me fed? Would steamed carrots be okay? Or boiled parsnips?

I have been very discouraged trying to beat this and very exhausted, but I found this group and so I decided I will try again. Oh yes, I read tonight about the benefits of vitamin C for both asthma and candida. I actually was given a lot of Ester-C as a gift relatively recently. What would be a good starting dose for me to consume for vitamin C? 5,000 mg a day?

Thanks for reading! Lex

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Lex;50843 wrote: Hello, I developed major candida overgrowth in the spring of 2008, after developing an infection in my leg which required major doses of IV antibiotics. I was also drinking heavily around this time, and needless to say… I developed a major case. I am on disability and have been for a long time. At 20 I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and I also have severe interstitial cystitis and I have asthma and panic disorder, as well as a sleep disorder (which mucks up my immune system further). I do not eat meat any longer for ethical reasons, but will eat small amounts of oysters and mussels etc- however, they are too expensive for me to eat much of.

I would like to know what foods I can eat to beat the candida, since I do not eat meat or eggs or consume milk. In addition, my income is very limited because I am on disability and moreso this month, because I helped family member out so I have 20 dollars to last me for food for approximately the next two weeks. The foods given at food banks, etc… generally are no good for trying to beat candida!

I would like to know what vegetables would be the best for me to eat to kill the candida or at least slow it down. I have just slightly more than a dollar a day to spend on food for the next 14 days, so cheap veggies only please. This month is particularly rough. I have tried fasting before but that seems to trigger panic attacks. I recently got myself a book on foraging wild plant foods in my part of the world so I think I might also do that. Out of all the vegetables I can buy, which ones would be the best for killing candida but also keeping me fed? Would steamed carrots be okay? Or boiled parsnips?

I have been very discouraged trying to beat this and very exhausted, but I found this group and so I decided I will try again. Oh yes, I read tonight about the benefits of vitamin C for both asthma and candida. I actually was given a lot of Ester-C as a gift relatively recently. What would be a good starting dose for me to consume for vitamin C? 5,000 mg a day?

Thanks for reading! Lex

Lex,

Welcome to the forum.
    If you need a good food list to start from I recommend you check out Raster’s list ->Rasters List

I myself got my infestation as well in 2008 after a long run with anti-biotics. It took me over 4 years to discover the beast they call yeast 🙁

Its important to keep in mind that diet will never cure a candida infestation alone.
    I would suggest you get your finances in order before going on this quest, you’re going to need quality food and supplements that cost money.

-D

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

It takes a ton of willpower and money unfortunately. I don’t feel like I am cured if that is possible but its under control. Yeast is a pain in the ass but with diet and supplements there is light at the end of the tunnel

Lex
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Thank you moochpb and Danny 33. I can’t really get my finances in order as I am on disability for pre-existing autoimmune conditions. I can afford maybe 50 bucks a month for supplements, plus the usual 100 dollars a month for food (the rest has to go for bills and rent). I do have milk kefir grains which I can use to make coconut milk kefir for probiotics, however, and can see about seeing a medical doctor for prescription antifungals. I am also willing to fast to kill off more of it, more quickly. Thank you for the Rasters list, also. Also, there are various herbs I can buy that aren’t much, which might help, such as wormwood (used for parasites, have read about it helping with candida). Thank you for the comments guys.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I never had good luck with kefir, I’m not a dairy person. I also have an autoimmune which I developed a year after having candida. I feel like if my candida is cured my autoimmune will go away. I spend hundreds of dollars on food and supplements a month easily but you don’t have to go crazy. Keep it simple. Work you way up to 5000 mg of Vit c a day, get a good b complex since yeast and bacteria deprive you of vitamins.’vit d is very important for immune health. Be careful with wormwood, it’s strong stuff and you can be sensitive to it. Garlic is a anti parasite, anti fungal, and antimicrobial. I feel like garlic helped a ton and continues to

Caralyn
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi Lex,

I have found the very best way to get high doses of oral vitamin C, in my opinion is Suffcient-C high dose vitamin C lemon peach iced tea. It is the flavor and texture of lemonade that makes it very special and therefore very encouraging to drink. It is flavored with stevia so there is no sugar to add to candida and additionally there is bromelain. Bromelain from pineapple has a high concentration of protease enzymes which is proven to inhibit pathogenic fungus, like candida.
    In addition there are other immune boosting ingredients like a patented green tea extract and l-lysine. The vitamin C is from Scotland not China and non-gmo. In short this is a great product particularly when the need for vitamin c is huge and fruit is prohibited such as it is for the Candida Diet.

Caralyn

Caralyn
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

By the way, this is a drink mix. Just add cold spring water and stir. It can be purchased at http://www.sufficientc.com

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

My food choices have to be different too.

I cannot say enough about coconut cream yogurt.
    I can say it continues to save me, since I want something sweet now and then and the coconut fat in the cream is anti fungal, and so gentle too. Its not a harsh food that will cause a crazy amount of die off.

I use the plain coconut yogurt to mix with frozen strawberries, loosened with a little vanilla coconut milk (lots of calcium,B-12,D, trace iron and trace zinc! all good for the immune system!)for morning smoothies.

Coconut oil in my coffee in the morning.

Mashed turnips with carrots and Earth Balance butter (omega 3!) is great with a dinner salad.

You actually have some great choices available to you, even without the meat and animal products on the regular candida food lists 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New here, my storry, need advice…’ is closed to new replies.