New here: I need to know about Probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New here: I need to know about Probiotics

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ranger 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Ranger
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 23

I will skip all of the reasons I know and think I have candidiasis.
    The spit test was positive and I get fungal rashes that never clear up unless I use Nystatin. The Nystatin makes me sick.

My diet has been very limited for many years because all of the foods listed that you should avoid make me sick. I have been eating foods that fight candida and taking a few anti fungals like oregano oil. This week I have felt sick and I do have a sore throat. I just receive a box of ThreeLac in the mail, but I have read some negative things about it or that it is at least over hyped. I already took one packet. I want to know if I am wasting my time and if I should try something else?

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

I tried 3lac and honestly I did not see any adverse effects or improvement from it. Many people suggest a better probiotic, Able on here recommends Ultimate Flora Critical Care, and I have been recommended by a very well know nutritionist to try Dr. Ohhira’s brand.

Good luck on feeling better!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Ranger, and welcome to the forum.

How long do you believe you had a Candida infestation?

How long have you been on the oregano oil and how many drops a day do you take?

There’s no reason not to go ahead and start taking the Threelac since you have it, that is unless you wish to return it for your money back. It won’t cure the Candida, not even close.

Able

Ranger

I think I have had candida issues for over ten years.
    I have been adding two drops of oregano oil to my water ever day for almost one week.
    I also have grapefruit seed extract. i have been using that to brush my teeth.
    I have also been juicing fresh vegetable for almost two weeks. My acne has cleared up quite a bit and rash on my side is looking better. I have been eating lots of eggs, organic green beans. I have don’t have much problem cutting out sugar, caffeine, I never drink alcohol and just recently I have cut out the last bit of dairy I was eating. I have trouble cutting out refried organic black beans. I guess they are a starchy vegetable. I also like brown rice tortillas by Food For Life.

I have had some die off issues. Strange itching, my face feels flush and itchy sometimes. I feel like I am desperate for some serious help. I am also worried because I am under weight and I have never been able to gain any. I am five foot eleven and on a good day I weigh close to 130lbs. I have thought about going to a Chinese Medicine Clinic that is in the city. They do herbal and nutrition consultations. Please point me in the right direction I have been reading everything I can on this forum. I have already started the Threelac so I will keep taking it until I know what would work better for me. This condition has been ruining my life for many years. thanks for reading

Ranger

I read that molybdenum is needed to help you liver when taking probiotics.
    I went to the health food store and they did not have it.
    Instead I found Milk Thistle for liver health. It is liquid prescription grade and you are suppose to refrigerate after opening. The recommended dose is 20 drops a day.
    I would like to get some opinions on this product. If it is not effective I will order the molybdenum online.

Able900
    Spectator

Hello Ranger. I’ll reply to your concerns below.

Quote: I think I have had candida issues for over ten years.
    Reply: That’s a long time to have Candida. The longer the length of time that the infestation has had hold, normally the longer it takes to cure as normally there are other effects of the infestation that have occurred as well.

Quote: I have been adding two drops of oregano oil to my water every day for almost one week.
    Reply: You can raise that by one drop every three days until you reach 12 drops spread throughout the day. At that time we’ll see where you stand with the Candida symptoms and die-off.

Quote: I have also been juicing fresh vegetable for almost two weeks.
    Reply: Juicing is a great idea, as it’ll be a big plus to your diet in the treatment.

Quote: My acne has cleared up quite a bit and rash on my side is looking better.
    Reply: I’m not at all surprised considering your diet and especially the juice.

Quote: I have been eating lots of eggs, organic green beans. I have don’t have much problem cutting out sugar, caffeine, I never drink alcohol and just recently I have cut out the last bit of dairy I was eating. I have trouble cutting out refried organic black beans. I guess they are a starchy vegetable.
    Reply: Sounds like you are right on track with the diet. As far as the black beans are concerned, I would eat these sparingly; for example, perhaps twice a week for now as long as you’re not having Candida symptoms from them. Black beans are a great healthy addition to the diet if you can tolerate them.

Quote: I also like brown rice tortillas by Food For Life.
    Reply: I think would leave these out for now if possible since you’re eating the black beans. Perhaps you could add them back in a few weeks.

Quote: I have had some die off issues. Strange itching, my face feels flush and itchy sometimes. I feel like I am desperate for some serious help. I am also worried because I am under weight and I have never been able to gain any. I am five foot eleven and on a good day I weigh close to 130lbs.
    Reply: You definitely need to gain weight instead of losing. If you’re not taking coconut oil, start that at two teaspoons a day, one spoonful after a meal. This is a fine antifungal as well as building a positive environment in which to rid your body of the Candida, plus it contains valuable calories and nutrients.

Quote: I have already started the Threelac so I will keep taking it until I know what would work better for me. This condition has been ruining my life for many years. thanks for reading.
    Reply: Just as Pina suggested, Threelac is basically pointless and a waste of money. Instead, purchase Ultimate Flora Critical Colon BifidoMAX 50 Billion 9-Strain Probiotic. Taking one capsule a day for about two weeks, then moving up to two capsules, one morning and one at night on an empty stomach should work well. The Vitamin Shoppe sells this both in their stores and online. So does Amazon.

Before you change to this new probiotic, please read the information below about Molybdenum.

Quote: I read that molybdenum is needed to help you liver when taking probiotics.
    Reply: I would definitely purchase the Molybdenum. Not only will it protect your liver better than Milk Thistle, but it will greatly lessen the effects of die-off once you start the coconut oil and probiotic. I would wait for at least a week after starting the coconut oil before beginning the new probiotic.

Quote: Instead I found Milk Thistle for liver health. It is liquid prescription grade and you are supposed to refrigerate after opening. The recommended dose is 20 drops a day.
    Reply: This is also a good protect which will help to protect the liver throughout the treatment period as the Candida are dying and releasing their dangerous toxins. Check to see if the liquid contains grain alcohol, or any other type, the liquid normally does. Taking both the Molybdenum and the Milk Thistle are excellent.

Please let us know if you have other concerns.

Able

Ranger

I checked the Milk Thistle and it is alcohol and gluten free.
    I did my first teaspoon of organic coconut oil Sunday night.
    I usually have this reaction when i have any type of oil. I could feel
    some kind of sensation on my face. I really don’t know how to describe it.
    I usually get a pimple or two from eating any kind of oil. The next morning I woke up
    with a sinus infection. I made myself go to work, but I was blowing my nose all day.
    I did another teaspoon of oil last night and felt the same facial sensation.My acne is NOT breaking out. This morning my sinus infection was not any better and
    I decided to take a sick day and not work.
    I am wondering if I could be allergic to the coconut oil?
    For breakfast I had organic eggs and organic chicken broth.

I am wondering if I should keep taking the oregano oil and Milk Thistle while I am sick. I am planning on starting the new probiotic this coming Sunday.

I am not eating any grains and I have some constipation. I was thinking of trying the
    psyllium husk. I read one candida diet and it included cream of buckwheat.

Thanks for answering all of my questions. I have been reading the forum and taking notes. I am extremely motivated because I have been sick for so long.
    I am hopeful that maybe someday I could gain just a little bit of weight.

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Ranger. Good to hear from you.

Whole coconut meat as well as the coconut oil are considered very low-allergy-risk food items. Even people who are allergic to nuts aren’t normally allergic to coconut products.

Often what is thought to be a coconut oil reaction s nothing more than the human body expelling toxins, which of course part of the cleansing process which coconut oil is responsible for.

Most Candida sufferers have developed very poor digestion functions, this is because Candida infestations will usually infest the gastrointestinal tract soon after contracting. Oral, nasal (sinus) or even vaginal yeast infections are signs that this has happened.

Once the gastrointestinal tract is infected, the body has a difficult time absorbing the various nutrients from the diet, therefore depriving the body of nutrients that are needed in order to prevent infections. This of course causes an overreaction of white blood cells, which in turn causes our immune system to become over or under active, therefore multiplying health problems such as sinus infections.

I see no reasons why you couldn’t continue to take oregano oil and Milk Thistle while you have the sinus infection. Of course, if you’re experiencing die-off reactions the oregano oil will only add to this making you feel worse.

Please don’t take the psyllium husk or the powder for constipation, instead purchase some ground flax seeds and use them. The husks, even tiny shards which can be in the powder can cause lacerations in the intestines leading to bleeding problems.

As far as your weight, the more coconut oil you add to your regimen the more likely you are to gain weight. The coconut flour bread can be eaten three to four times day and it will also help with weight gain.

Able

Ranger

Thanks for the information on the coconut. My weight has dropped slightly and I am underweight as it is. I guess I have nothing to lose so I am going to keep moving forward with this and see what happens. Here is the latest.

My first loaf of coconut bread is in the oven. I used coconut oil to grease the pan.
    I bought a bag of whole ground flax seed but I am not sure how to take it. I put a pinch in the bread thinking it couldn’t hurt.

How should I take the ground flax seed?

What do you think of stevia? I also saw truvia at the store.
    I decided not to buy it because I don’t won’t to start any sugar cravings.
    I know when you have something sweet you usually just want more.

I am also drinking my green juice. Here is my recipe.

1 cucumber
    4 stalks of celery
    4-6 leaves of kale
    slice of ginger
    1/4 lemon
    2 fresh garlic gloves

I found some organic garlic at the store the other day. The juice does not taste bad and seems to be mild on my stomach. I am open to any suggestions. I have tried to make glass everyday. The only pain is cleaning the machine but I am getting faster at it.

Thank you.

Ranger

I forgot to mentioned this the first time when I was asking about the coconut.
    The first night after I took the coconut oil. I woke up in the middle of the night and I could tell I was getting a sinus infection.
    When I woke up the second time I felt like something was poking me in my left eye and I could barely open it. I also had clear tears coming from that eye.

Tonight I woke up and I am experiencing the same thing. It is not hurting as much yet, but I have had some tears. I just took an antihistamine. I don’t know if the coconut is related or if it is an allergic reaction? I am going to drink a full glass water to keep flushing stuff out of my system and go back to bed. If I wake up and it is worse I will take the other half of the antihistamine. I am a little scared by what is happening and I don’t want to miss work tomorrow.

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Ranger.

“How should I take the ground flax seed?”

Reply: You can drink the flaxseed by mixing it in water, juice, smoothies or just about any way that works for you. When you’re in a hurry, the quickest way to just mix it in water, but be sure to continue to stir it as it will fall to the bottom of the glass.

“What do you think of stevia? I also saw Truvia at the store.”

Reply: I prefer Truvia myself, but most people seem to use Stevia, perhaps because it’s advertised more. Be careful with the Stevia, certain types contain additives such as Dextrose. Just read the list of ingredients.

“I am also drinking my green juice. Here is my recipe.”

Reply: The recipe sounds perfect, good move to be doing the juicing every day.

About the coconut oil, normally it’s almost impossible to find someone who is allergic to this, but die-off is a much bigger problem. There’s the possibility that what you are experiencing is simply die-off. If you want to, just stop using it for two days and see if these problems go away.

Let us know how you’re doing today if you have time.

Able

Ranger

Here is an update:
    I am taking a twenty four hour break from the coconut. I really do like the bread I made. I don’t think I am allergic but it is something new in my system.
    I am getting over my sinus infection, but I was really tired today.

I am still doing the Milk thistle and oregano oil everyday.
    I did start taking the ground flax seed. If someone knows of a good recipe with flax, I would like to see it. I am still planning on starting the new Ultimate Flora probiotic and molybdenum Sunday.

I would like to know if the psyllium husks powder is safe to use?

What type of regiment should follow when I start the Ultimate Flora probiotic and molybdenum? What count number should I buy for the Ultimate Flora?

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Ranger.

You can add the ground flax seed to the bread in place of the flour or in place of a portion of the flour, sprinkle it on salads, or stir it into your vegetable juice each time you have it. You can also place one or two full tablespoons into a glass of water, stir this thoroughly and drink. Be sure to continue stirring between drinks as you do not want it to gum together at the bottom of the glass. Any time you have the flax in any way, be sure to drink a LOT of water to wash it down and allow it to break down in your intestines.

If you’ve not been taking any type of probiotic at all, you can start with a 30-billion a day taken on an empty stomach, preferable first thing in the morning or the last thing at night. The dosage should be taken at least one hour before food is eaten and at least two hours following food intake. This is important for proper digestion of the probiotic.

The Molybdenum should be started a few days before the probiotic is started, so I would start it immediately. You can work up to taking 250 mcg three times a day after each meal.

Psyllium husks and psyllium powders are not safe, and I advise against the detox drink suggested by the site because of the psyllium. The bad thing about psyllium husk is that it’s very hard on the intestines because of the sharpness and hardness of the small shards of husks which can cause lacerations as it passes through the intestines which in turn often cause internal bleeding. In addition, it can also cause heavy bloating for some people.

Able

Ranger

I took my first dose of Molybdenum yesterday. I may start my probiotic Sunday night or Monday morning. I am trying to figure out a complete regiment for all of the things I have to take to work together. I am a little worried about taking all of this since I weigh under 130lbs. I hope I do not have too severe of a reaction because it might scare me off of taking all of this. Here is the list.

The two things suggested to take after a meal
    *Molybdenum 3 times/day 250mcg
    *Coconut Oil 2 times/day 1 teaspoon

I have also been adding these to my water but not at regular time
    or dose.
    *Oregano Oil- Work up to 12 drops a day
    *Milk Thistle- The bottle shows you can take 20drops/day. I don’t know
    how much is too much or not enough.

I bought the 30 Billion Count Ultimate Flora and it is in the refrigerator.
    I am wondering when to start it and what to expect. If I understand correctly,
    the starting dose is
    *1 30 Billion count pill a day.

It is a little overwhelming to manage all of this and then wonder what is going to
    happen. I guess it is OK to take the Molybdenum and coconut oil together after a meal.

I didn’t know where to post this, but I was wondering if anyone was familiar with soaking grains. Here is something I found on a website called healthbanquet.com

*Research shows that the proteins in grains, especially the gluten, are very difficult to digest. A diet high in unfermented whole grains, especially the high gluten grain like wheat, is very difficult on the digestive system. With increased digestive difficulties comes allergies, celiac disease, candida albicans overgrowth, chronic indigestion, and even mental illness.

Fermenting and soaking grains first will break down or predigest the gluten and other difficult-to-digest proteins. Remember, there is phytic acid in the gluten and soaking the grains or soaking your flour will neutralize the phytic acid – disable its negative aspects. Additionally, these proteins will be partially broken down into simpler parts that are easier on the digestive system and more bioavailable.*

Thanks for the help.

Able900
    Spectator

Quote: “I bought the 30 Billion Count Ultimate Flora and it is in the refrigerator.
    I am wondering when to start it and what to expect. If I understand correctly,
    the starting dose is *1 30 Billion count pill a day.”

Reply: That’s the correct dosage. Be sure to take it on an empty stomach. If you’re taking the dosage of Molybdenum you mentioned plus the Candidate, you really shouldn’t receive a reaction. With just the Molybdenum, there’s a chance you may feel a bit, but it certainly won’t be as bad as if you weren’t taking the Molybdenum.
    “It is a little overwhelming to manage all of this and then wonder what is going to
    happen. I guess it is OK to take the Molybdenum and coconut oil together after a meal.”
    Reply: Yes, they’re ok to take together.

“I didn’t know where to post this, but I was wondering if anyone was familiar with soaking grains. Here is something I found on a website called healthbanquet.com.”
    Reply: I’ve never tried this myself, as I’m a non-wheat/grain person in general, but the research you posted makes sense. All you can do with this is to test it and see what happens, but I’d wait until you’ve raised the antifungals some more and added the probiotic to your regimen.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New here: I need to know about Probiotics’ is closed to new replies.