New Here – I just discovered I have Candida

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals New Here – I just discovered I have Candida

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Nellyburns4
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi all
    I’ve finally put all the pieces of the puzzle together and worked out that I have candida.
    My symptoms currently are:
    IBS – Constipation
    Recurring cystisis
    Itchy bum
    Itchy scalp
    Itchy ears – feeling like I have to clean them several times a day
    Bad breath
    Serious sugar and carbohydrate cravings
    Tiredness
    Low libido

I’ve always craved sugar and sweets my whole life and as a consequence, I’ve always had to exercise and watch my weight. It has in later years, developed into bulimia occasionally.

I was on the contraceptive pill for over 15 years and now after having 2 children, I’ve come off it.

I frequently develop tonsillitis, sinusitis and Urinary tract infections therefore have taken lots of antibiotics.

When I was pregnant with my first child, I developed nipple thrush and couldn’t breastfeed and I also had Group B Strep so in labour, I had to have antibiotics to protect my son being born. Unfortunately, I had to have an emergency c-section with my son and then 4 years later with my daughter, another c-section.

Between having my second child, I developed IBS and was diagnosed with it.

So now, I’ve finally had enough and changing my eating.
    – I have not had coffee in over a week (a huge part of my day)
    – I have not eaten bread in 4 days – this is huge too
    – I have not eaten any fruit for days, apart from 1 strawberry and 6 blueberries – I LOVE fruit
    – I have not had any dairy apart from Natural yogurt. I’ve been drinking almond milk.

I have included a few things too:
    – Garlic oil capsules – I was taking about 4 a day but hubby said my breath stunk so I have stopped those
    – Organic unrefined extra virgin coconut oil – 2 tablespoons a day
    – Candex probiotic of a night time (I think this is different that Candex in USA. It has Lactobacillus acidophilus 32 billion, Lactobactillus rhamnosus 4 billion and Sacchoromyces cerevisiae bourlardii 4 billion)
    – I’ve also been taking 5 Pau d’arco capsules daily.

I’m going to see my naturopath later this week to clean up my diet a bit. I’ve read so much conflicting information about grains such as oats, whole wheats, quinoa, brown rice, grains chickpeas etc. I’d still love to include some of these but unsure as to if it will just stop progress.

My cravings have disappeared which is amazing, I’m a little tired and feel like I’m getting run down but other than that, no die off symptoms.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions or advice for me? I’m still trying to get my head around all this candida diet stuff!

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Sounds like your on the right track to me.

There is conflicting evidence that eliminating fruit works.

Some say symptoms lessen, which is awesome, but that if candida cant find food, it goes fungal and wants to travel.

I have also heard that fruits like blackberries, strawberries, raspberries (especially!) have whats called ellagic acid. While ellagic acid doesnt hang around long in our bodies and is not absorbed super-well, its presence breaks down the walls in the fungal-form of the yeast and makes it easier to kill…especially since these walls- or chitin- I think its called, is what makes ridding ourselves of this fungus challenging.

I do berries almost every day. Pomegranates when I can.

I am a bad example of how to behave however…. I still do a cup of coffee in the morning, I use coconut-creamer (because im vegan) and I throw a scoop (about 1-2 tsp) of virgin coconut oil in it. tastes like I dipped a donut in my coffee….mmmmmm…..

I will be interested to hear how the candex works. I want to try something like that, but im so overwhelmed with the product-world.

My situation is much different than yours, since I include fruit, my energy is through the roof…but the downside is that I only seem to manage symptoms, not seeing them disappear yet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New Here – I just discovered I have Candida’ is closed to new replies.