New Here, Hoping To Get Back on Track.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New Here, Hoping To Get Back on Track.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Candidalita 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Candidalita
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hello Everyone,

I am writing because I don’t know if anyone else has experienced what I am experiencing. I was on the candida diet with supplements etc. back in 2007. I totally rid my body of Candida and felt great! I got skinny, I looked good and just like everything else, eventually I strayed from the diet too far and went back to old eating habits.

I am especially fond of red wine and potato chips. I could polish off a bottle of red wine in 1 day and of course my weight shot up and ballooned out of control.

Anyway, I tried to go on the detox and didn’t make it 24 hours. I woke up that morning and drank the psyllium and bentonite clay. I didn’t have time to eat anything else that morning so I went straight to work. At lunch time I ordered a garden salad with lemon juice, salt and pepper, but the deli used cauliflower that had been soaked in vinegar and I felt really weird. It also had black olives in it. I got home that evening and ate some steamed spinach with garlic and olive oil but when I had to cook dinner for my sons and started to slice the roast beef, I just had to have some. I ended up having 10 potato chips and a glass of pinot noir that evening and my head felt like it was about to explode. ‘

OK so the liquid detox isn’t going to work for me. I took a different approach this morning and this is what I want to hear feedback about:

I woke up and drank 2 tbs. colloidal silver, 1 tsp. MSM powder mixed with water, 1 tsp. Bentonite Clay mixed with water, 1 tsp of Citrus of Magnesium Powder and 6 drops of oil of orgegano. I ate scrambled eggs for breakfast and a cup of peppermint tea.

For lunch I ate steamed broccoli that I cooked at home that morning with fresh garlic and olive oil. For dinner I will have more of the same. Just veggies for now. I plan on drinking my mixtures again this evening before bed and of course plenty of water all day long.

Do you think it’s too soon for yogurt, or should I stay on the eggs and veggies for a week or two? Does anyone else think this is a good combo or am I jumping into things too quickly?

Thank you.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

“eventually I strayed from the diet too far and went back to old eating habits.”

This is important for everyone to remember:
    Just because you manage to cure your Candida infestation does not mean that you can go back to the very same habits which caused the infestation in the first place and not expect problems to reoccur. Doe that make sense to anyone but me? Because a lot of people have a problem understanding that.

At lunch time I ordered a garden salad with lemon juice, salt and pepper, but the deli used cauliflower that had been soaked in vinegar and I felt really weird. It also had black olives in it. I got home that evening and ate some steamed spinach with garlic and olive oil but when I had to cook dinner for my sons and started to slice the roast beef, I just had to have some. I ended up having 10 potato chips and a glass of pinot noir that evening and my head felt like it was about to explode.

The entire paragraph above is the type of thing that none of us on the forum can help you with. It’s up to you to know exactly what you’re putting in your mouth each time you eat as well as being disciplined while on the treatment.

Do you think it’s too soon for yogurt, or should I stay on the eggs and veggies for a week or two? Does anyone else think this is a good combo or am I jumping into things too quickly?

Staying on eggs and vegetables for at least two weeks will give you a better chance of curing your infestation. After a week you could try adding the coconut flour bread to your diet.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx

The forum protocol is linked below:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Able

Candidalita

Thank you Able, I appreciate the feedback. Yes, I am responsible for what I put into my mouth(that actually made me laugh) but I will definitely stay on the eggs and veggie protocol for at least two weeks before I try anything further.

I think that once you cure yourself of Candida that you should always stay on some version of the diet or you will get it again. I am living proof of that. I am just hoping that because I defeated it once, I can defeat it again.

I suppose just eggs and veggies are a form of detox diet are they not? I must admit that the peppermint tea really saves me because it’s hot and it feels good when I drink it.

I am still constipated, I think that the psyllium/bentonite clay (which I took twice) formed a cement brick in my colon that has yet to be expelled. I will just keep taking the citrus of magnesium and try to wait until my body works it out.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You are throwing away all those supplements away by cheating on the diet and drinking alcohol or eating potato chips. This is not beneficial to your recovery; its called cause and effect. Alcohol and potatoes are obviously causing you not to feel good.

-raster

Candidalita

Hey Raster,
    Yep…got that. It was my first day and I had a melt down at the end of the day.

Yesterday I just just the bentonite (bricks) and psyllium. Today I started the supplements, but I think that today will be successful. I’m much more focused and determined this time around.

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Hey candidalita

I’m curious as to how long it took you to cure yourself before, how long did you wait before introducing new foods and how often were you eating those foods?

I think everyone here would like to know a little bit about this.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Well, I’d argue that the OP was never really ‘cured’, considering that her infestation came back with a vengeance. To me, being cured of candida means not having to stick to the diet for the rest of one’s life. So in effect, perhaps there is no real, true ‘cure’?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

M wrote: Well, I’d argue that the OP was never really ‘cured’, considering that her infestation came back with a vengeance. To me, being cured of candida means not having to stick to the diet for the rest of one’s life. So in effect, perhaps there is no real, true ‘cure’?

If that is the case, I might as well quit and give up right now. But I must believe there is a cure, if only we adress the underlying causes that actually caused the unbalance that is making candida come back. I am also curious about what Positivo asks.

And also, Candidalita, I am very curious if you know what the underlying cause of your candida overgrowth is?

Candidalita

Positivo wrote: Hey candidalita

I’m curious as to how long it took you to cure yourself before, how long did you wait before introducing new foods and how often were you eating those foods?

I think everyone here would like to know a little bit about this.

Hello Positivo,

When I was treating myself for candida before, it took me about six months to cure myself. I never strayed from the diet during that time. I stuck completely to the diet, the probiotics and the antifungals. I was pretty much living the diet as a way of life and was quite comfortable with it. I would sometimes allow myself some buttered popcorn, that would satisfy any salt desires that I had, but otherwise, I was pretty strict with it.

I eventually (after six months) could eat whatever meats I wanted, and I still stayed away from dairy. I ate whatever veggies I wanted, and if I ate any carbs, I wouldn’t have a problem, but I still kept them at a minimum because they would make me gain weight and I loved being skinny but I had no side effects from the candida.

I think that the key is to stay on some form of the diet for the rest of your life. It’s just smart and healthy eating. I even got the the point where I could have a glass of wine and still be fine. I think that my problem was excess.

Someone else asked how did I get candida? Honestly? I was on birth control pills for years, I drank alcohol and used to sniff cocaine. That’s about as brutally honest as I can be. I wore my immune system down from staying up til all hours when I was younger, getting high and then eating a poor diet. By the time I got married and had children, I was in full blown candida mode and even though I stopped getting high, my body was already in toxic overload.

Someone else said, she was probably never cured? Sure I was, but just like anything, if you go back to old habits (poor diet, drinking too much alcohol) your body is going to go back to the way that it was. It’s up to you I think to decide how you want to live and then how you want to take care of yourself from there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Here, Hoping To Get Back on Track.’ is closed to new replies.