New here, having a tough time, advice welcomed and appreciated!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals New here, having a tough time, advice welcomed and appreciated!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Keya 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Effcandida
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Hello,

I was very happy to find this forum. I am a 39 yo woman whose treatment of candida has not gone well thus far. I am looking for suggestions and feedback from those who are going through the same illness.

I have not felt we’ll for a long time. Digestive issues, bloating, gas, constipation, chronic sinus infections, overall fatigue. I’ve been to every doctor imaginable and have only received shoulder shrugs. I went to a Natropath last year who first mentioned the possibility of candida to me. He put me on candicin and what I now realize to be a very lax diet so I never saw any improvement. Fast forward to this year, I started seeing a functional medicine doctor in November. I did a cleanse and eliminated dairy, soy, gluten, and refined sugar from my diet. I was a healthy eater to begin with so this was easy for me to do. I was also taking a good probiotic and a supplement of oregano oil, clove and thyme. My bloating and gas did not change and I wound up with a very bad sinus infection. In January, the doctor stated that we needed a more aggressive approach to the candida and put me on the strict candida diet along with Nystatin and Diflucan nasal spray. Week one I felt fine. Week two I started to feel the die-off effects. So far, so good. The problem was that the extreme fatigue, muscle aches, and feeling of heaviness only got worse as weeks progressed. I was thankful every evening that I somehow made it through my day of full time work and being a mother to a 3 yo. Initially the bloating and gas went away but slowly it crept back. I thought maybe my feelings of extreme weakness (a flight of stairs would tire me out, even just walking to my car seemed taxing, let alone trying to parent a toddler) was due to the highly restricted diet but my doctor disagreed. He sent me to a colleague for a 2nd opinion. That doctor lowered my dosage of Nystatin and allowed rice and quinoa back into my diet. A week later I wound up with both a sinus infection and a vaginal yeast infection. Likely due to the decrease in Nystatin?

I wasn’t happy with the treatment from my doctor so I recently went to another doctor. He increased the Nystatin back to the former level, eliminated grains again, and told me I could have some low glycemic fruit. He put me on quercetin, vitamin C, glutamine (sp?), and a strong probiotic. I continue to take a supplement for adrenal support and NAC. I go back in 2 weeks to review some lab work and have a gastric test done.

I am bloated to the point where I’m being asked if I am pregnant. I am not sure what is causing it to be so extreme. My diet is as follows:
    Breakfast: one avocado, two turkey burgers, lime juice, salt
    Lunch: chicken and vegetables (usually cooked spinach or string beans); sometimes a chicken soup or a beef soup
    Dinner: chicken or fish, cooked veg (kale, spinach, asparagus, string beans).
    Snacks: celery, cucumber, sometimes more protein if I am hungry, or another avocado with lime juice and salt
    Beverages: water or water with lemon

So basically I eat a lot of protein and green vegetables. Season my food with salt, lemon, lime, ginger, garlic, coconut aminos. There is no tea, coffee, or alcohol in my diet. I don’t eat eggs so they are not a possibility for me.

I have tried almonds and almond butter but not sure if that is ideal for me at this point. When I added these back into my diet (doc gave me permission as I was losing weight and can’t afford to) the bloating seemed to come back. The bloating stayed even after I eliminated them. I’ve had a bit of fruit since my new doc said it was okay. Bloating has not gotten worse or better. I cut down on raw vegetables which slightly improved the gas problem. I have no idea what can be causing the extreme bloating. I do eat a lot of protein each day. I am at a loss as to what to eat at this point in time.

I also still don’t feel well. I am still exhausted although slightly better than I was two weeks ago. I get headaches, sore throats, and just an all over feeling of heaviness, as if there are weights in my clothes. I feel really weak, everything seems to be a chore. I also have been having lower back pain since I started this treatment. Is this related or simply a coincidence?

Any input on this program? Any dietary suggestions? Should I not have fruit yet at this point in time?

Also what are your thoughts on the Body Ecology program?

I have a very strong resolve and willpower, so I will do whatever it takes to get better. I’ve been very positive but as things have gone awry, I’ve been feeling so frustrated and deflated. I just want to feel better and have my life back. I fell like this condition is so consuming and can make you mental.

Sorry so lengthy. Thank you for any help or support you can provide. Wishing you all good health!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

You might want to take something to support your liver and kidneys if you are having back pain. Also, the rice might have been responsible for the return in your symptoms.

Effcandida

raster;39484 wrote: You likely are deficient in stomach acid:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

-raster

Funny you post this. It’s my new doc’s theory and I am having a test done for it soon. Thanks!

Effcandida

Kag;39667 wrote: You might want to take something to support your liver and kidneys if you are having back pain. Also, the rice might have been responsible for the return in your symptoms.

What do you suggest taking for the liver and kidneys? Thanks!

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I know a lot of people on here take Molybdenum. I am not sure about what else you would take. You should inbox Able and ask him.

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

Effcandida;39675 wrote:

You might want to take something to support your liver and kidneys if you are having back pain. Also, the rice might have been responsible for the return in your symptoms.

What do you suggest taking for the liver and kidneys? Thanks!

Molybdenum and Milk Thistle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New here, having a tough time, advice welcomed and appreciated!’ is closed to new replies.