New here and need guidance

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New here and need guidance

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  monita 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

aromaverde
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello,
    My name is Ashley and I am reaching out to my fellow sufferers becasue most doctors I see think I am nuts, shrug it off, and say I need antianxiety meds.
    Ever since I was a little girl, I was gassy and had carb cravings and vaginal yeast infections.
    I have had a number of things come inbetween like bacterial vaginosis, weird seizures in my sleep, cravings for alcohol, I was anorexic and would only binge on candy……and so on.
    In my early twenties I started having sulfur burps, then about 3 mos later it turned into chronic diarrhea. I had to be hospitalized for fluids. Theygave me Flagyl and it cured my diarrhea within a few hours.
    As the years have gone past, I have had this diarrhea crep up more often and I need flagyl to stop it. I am on a strong probiotic and digestive enzymes and if I even drink one margarita, I am in the toilet with deadly diarrhea a day or 2 later. I know it comes as I start to crave chocolate and fruit twists, etc.

Does this sound like candida or a bacterial infection? I have gone to GI sdocs and they have taken stool samples and say it is clear of giardia, h phylori, and so on.

I do have been to several integrative medicine docs and they say conflicting things like it is candida, or clostridia. But no matter what, I can never get rid of it and I eat reasonably good. Should I get a CDSA done?

I wasn’t going to add this, but I will. I have been a type 1 diabetic for 25 years. In good control of my blood sugars except when my cycles act up and I becaome super insulin resistant. Every typical GI doc I see blames it on my diabetes. But I know that is not true, becasue I only have problems when I am stressed out, or eat too much sugar or drink even a sip of alcohol.

Advice? Is there hope for me?

Thank you

Invisiwill
    Replies: 6

Have you tried aerobic exercise and attempted the Candida Diet? It could be candida from other things I’ve read on here. But I’m far from an expert. I’ve only been dealing with this a few weeks. I noticed nobody answered you so I thought I would chime it. It probably wouldn’t hurt to try the diet and add a little regular aerobic exercise (3-5 times a week for 30 minutes).

Also, would probably be awesome if you could find a naturopathic or homeopathic doctor near you to give you some real advice and get some testing done. I have my first doctor appointment with a homeopathic doctor this coming Monday and I’m looking forward to it greatly.

Hope I’ve been at least of some help. Stay strong and I hope you feel better soon.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Ashley, welcome to the forum.

There are certain factors which pre-dispose a person to contracting Candida, and one of the major factors is diabetes. The reason for this is because a high blood sugar count creates a perfect environment for supporting the growth of Candida in the body.

If you want to find out whether or not your problems are stemming from Candida, go on the Candida diet, do not cheat at all, and within two weeks, if you are experiencing any die-off symptoms at all, then you have a Candida infestation. Remember that you cannot “eat reasonably good” if you need to cure yourself of a Candida infestation, you will need to eat a perfectly clean diet.

What’s the count (billion) and how many strains of bacteria are in your probiotic? Also, what is the name of your digestive enzymes?

Any questions about the diet, please ask on the forum.

Able

aromaverde
    Replies: 2

Thank you guys for answering me. First off, here is my probiotic. I am sorry I can not copy and paste here. But it is called Total Digestion: http://www.bodydynamics.com/total.digestion.html

I tried Digest Basic from Enzymedica and it made me very gassy and crampy. Tri Enza from Houston was good. But now I am just on Total Digestion. If you can recommend something else, I am open.

I see a Doc who is an integrative doc and he had me on Nystatin and I did not see anything. Then he put me on Diflucan and I got itchy and had a die off. Then I had that one margarita and my diarrhea blew up (the diarrhea gets so severe in a matter of hours I am in the ER for fluids which really doesn’t sound like candida, does it?).
    So the only thing I have found to cure this diarrhea instantly is Flagyl. I am thinking I have a candida and clostridia issue, but I really don’t know for sure. If it helps, my son who has high functioning autism has similar gut issues as I do and he is ona round of Flagyl and Nizoral. I tried to do natural with him, but it wasn’t potent enough for his diarrhea.

Also, when my blood sugar drops and I must have sugar to bring it up, what is the best source? Raw honey?
    Thank you so very much for your help.

eddyedwrds
    Replies: 1

aromaverde wrote: Thank you guys for answering me. First off, here is my probiotic. I am sorry I can not copy and paste here. But it is called Total Digestion: http://www.bodydynamics.com/total.digestion.html

I tried Digest Basic from Enzymedica and it made me very gassy and crampy. Tri Enza from Houston was good. But now I am just on Total Digestion. If you can recommend something else, I am open.

I see a Doc who is an integrative doc and he had me on Nystatin and I did not see anything. Then he put me on Diflucan and I got itchy and had a die off. Then I had that one margarita and my diarrhea blew up (the diarrhea gets so severe in a matter of hours I am in the ER for fluids which really doesn’t sound like candida, does it?).
    So the only thing I have found to cure this diarrhea instantly is Flagyl. I am thinking I have a candida and clostridia issue, but I really don’t know for sure. If it helps, my son who has high functioning autism has similar gut issues as I do and he is ona round of Flagyl and Nizoral. I tried to do natural with him, but it wasn’t potent enough for his diarrhea.

Also, when my blood sugar drops and I must have sugar to bring it up, what is the best source? Raw honey?
    Thank you so very much for your help.

I also have the same question as yourself regarding the candida diet and having low blood sugars. I like you have type 1 diabetes, had it for over 15 yrs with good control and especially better since changing my diet…its very hard to do this with diabetes when encountering low blood sugars. I have been on the paleo diet for about 3 months and I have now been trying to follow this diet for the past week. The only issue I have is the hypoglycemia issues…I usually will drink apple or orange juice or have a banana, apple, peach something like that to bring up my sugar. Not sure what I should eat…any advice from other diabetics on here?

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Ashley and Eddy.

I would not take the Total Digestion at all. This is because it contains the enzyme cellulase.

Many of the enzyme supplements on the market today add cellulase and/or hemicellulase to the ingredients. These two enzymes literally turn other enzymes in vegetables into sugar once they’re in the digestive tract, therefore producing food for Candida, and this will only make your Candida worse or at the very least prevent a cure.

You can look for a product called Digestive Grape Bitters which do not contain these two enzymes. These bitters provide your body with the tools it needs to produce its own enzymes in the amount and type that is needed.

Taking larger doses of Grape Bitters than needed will cause the berberine in the formula to destroy the flora or good bacteria in your body. For this reason you should have only about half a dropper full instead of the dosage recommended on the bottle. This is also because all you need to do really is to taste the bitters therefore stimulating the bitter receptors and producing the needed enzymes for your digestion.

Remember to look for both cellulase and hemicellulase as ingredients in any supplement and avoid both.

As far as what to take when your blood sugar drops, you should ask the integrative doctor about this. Basically, I would tend to think that remaining on the Candida diet over a period of time could regulate the blood sugar.

Able

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Hello to you all.

Sorry I know that you posted this in August and it’s now October but my query is related to your discussion.

I am following the diet in stage 1 at the moment and after reading more and more about it (especially from you guys in the forum) I think that both my parents probably have Candidiasis as well. Unfortunately they both have diabetes too. They were going to follow my advice and start on the Candida diet to see what happens but when they consulted their Diabetic Nurse she said that under no circumstances should they take part in this diet as they will be far short on the carbs they need to keep them stable.

I know that Able has said previously that Diabetes can cause Candida and can understand the reasoning for this but I was also of the belief that the reverse could be true; that Candida can cause diabetes? Not sure about that one.

Anyway, my question is, how can my parents help their probable Candida condition if they have been told by specific health care professionals that they must not alter their diet?

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Monita.

Many medical scientists believe that Candida Albicans be a contribution as well as cause of diabetes. When a Candida infestation takes hold of a human body, the natural immunity of the body practicaly disappears, the beneficial lactobacillus in the intestines die, and the Candida which is naturally in our system begins to grow and change. This can naturally affect a person’s pre-deposition by allowing the digestion to become less and less effective and the body can eventually become obese which can cause diabetes Type II.
    Or, the Candida invades the body cells which in turn causes a yeast infection and allergies. If the yeast/Candida invades the pancreas, then the production of hormones including insulin decreases and the result is Type I.

If a person is both a diabetic and is suffering from a Candida albicans infestation the blood sugars are normally easier to control if the Candida treatment is started.

How long have your parents had diabetes? I don’t know what type of diet your parents are already on, so I really wouldn’t want to suggest a diet. If they’re on a diabetic diet, then they’re probably already eating fairly low carbs as it is, but it would be interesting to know what they are actually eating at this time.

I can say that no matter what the illness or disease is, a low count of beneficial bacteria and low immunity played a part in the cause. Assuming that your parents are already on a fairly low carb diet, I would suggest adding the following.
    * Homemade kefir
    * Organic non-sweetened Greek yogurt with active, live cultures
    * Naturally fermented sauerkraut

Also a probiotic with a good, high count with as many strains as possble. Be sure it contains Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 as this type will secrete antifungal and antimicrobial agents which specifically protect against Type 1 Diabetes, plus it’s beneficial to treating a Candida infestation. One brand that contains this particular stran is MegaFlora by MegaFood.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Dr. Mccomb talks about the link between candida and diabetes and he feels that the diet will help normalize sugar levels in your body.

http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

If you try the diet, it may very well help or cure the diabetes.

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Thanks so much to you both.

I will speak to my parents in the next few days and let them know your advice.

My Dad in particular not only has diabetes but chronic M.E. His condition seems to be getting worse rather than better and to me, this makes sense if it is Candida that is worsening the condition. In fact I recently read a book by Erica White who suggests that it can often be Candida that brings about this condition as well.

I think the problem stems from a large number of Health Professionals who simply do not have the knowledge about this condition to make an infomed decision to provide advice to their patients.

Once again though, thanks for the help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New here and need guidance’ is closed to new replies.