New Game Plan (Suggestions?)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New Game Plan (Suggestions?)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

Hey, so I spent yesterday figuring out whats wrong with my treatment and what to do about it and I’m trying to come up with a better plan of action. Here’s what I have so far, it’s be awesome if people could throw in their ideas and meal plans so I have more to work with (:
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Morning: (Hot ginger tea immediately to flush liver and kidneys.)

Meal-
    3 fried eggs and a bowl of spinach, asparagus, onions, peppers, broccoli and garlic.
    *Swedish bitters after every meal*

Supplements- (Taken with a full glass of lemon water)
    250mcg molebdenum, calcium/magnesium/zinc, vitamin c, milk thistle.

Midday:

Meal-
    Salad with romaine lettuce, 2 hard boiled eggs (or chicken/turkey 2-3x a week), a whole avacado, cucumbers, onions, and assorted spices. apple cider vinegar as dressing. Green beans and broccoli added if at work.

Supplements- (Taken with lemon water again)
    250mcg molebdenum, calcium/magnesium/zinc, biotin, vitamins a+d.

Night:

Meal-
    Heaping bowl of broccoli, onions, peppers, green beans and zucchini. Chicken or salmon a couple nights a week if salad had no chicken or turkey. Organic nettle leaf tea.

Supplements- (Taken with lemon water)
    250mcg molebdenum, calcium/magnesium/zinc, milk thistle, vitamin e, cod liver oil.

Antifungal- Coconut oil.

Snacks: A couple hard boiled eggs and a whole avacado.
    A huge cucumber with acv mustard.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

So yeah, that’s what I have figured out so far. I need some help making it more solid though, as I don’t know what time of day to add kefir in next week, and these meals aren’t going to be enough because I can’t tolerate buckwheat or coconut bread yet. Also I don’t have enough Ideas for snacks and I’m still hungry all the time. If anybody has ideas as far as meals, snacks, or supplement schedule, please get reply so I can revise my plan and see what the forum thinks.

Also, a quick question- Is it safe to have salmon more than a few times a week? It seems to be in kind of a different class than eggs or meat when I read about it on here. I’d love to have it most nights with my dinner.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I eat much like what you posted.

I eat tons of raw broccoli, cauliflower, celery etc. I eat it with ACV on it or dip it in greek yogurt with dill,salt and pepper.

That is my snack, dinner etc.

I also love to cut up cabbage and eat it with EVO,ACV, garlic salt, and pepper.

I eat small portions of salmon crumbled on my HUGE salads about 1-2 tiemes a week. I have tried to stay away from chicken and fish in large portions…I have found the more raw veggies I eat the better off I do.

I make huge salads covered with peppers, cauliflower, broccoi, celery, avacado, cucumber, ginger sliced thin, raw garlic, olives ….get the point. After eating such a huge salad I’m so very full.

I drink a shot glass or two of keifer with every meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I have greek yogurt for lunch and some late at night for a snack.

I find I’m full, and so much healthier than I ever was.

I pan fry egg plant dipped in an egg wash once in a while and that is yummy too.

I ahave also found making myself vegetable stir fries with Raw Coconut Aminos from Coconut Secret is like desert to me. I really don’t even miss my old foods.

Good luck.

I know where your coming from as I seem to be sensitive to the other stuff so I just keep eating this with eggs like you 🙂

I started November 15.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I also drink kefir all day but it was reccomended to at least drink kefir, or eat yogurt,sauerkraut and other probiotics at least 2 hours befor or 3 hours after you take your antifungals. So I do that at night and in the morning. However I make so much kefir and also like fermented foods that I have them during the day as well.

“One of the good things about lauric acid in virgin coconut oil is that it kills lipid-coated bacteria but does not appear to harm the friendly intestinal bacteria. The MCFA (medium chain fatty acids) in coconut oil also have antifungal properties so not only will they kill disease-causing bacteria and leave good bacteria alone, they will also kill candida and other fungi in the intestinal tract, further supporting a healthy intestinal environment.”
    http://www.coconut-connections.com/candida.htm

that means at least with coconut oil that it may be alright regardless of when you take it.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

xday2dazex wrote: Hey, so I spent yesterday figuring out whats wrong with my treatment and what to do about it and I’m trying to come up with a better plan of action. Here’s what I have so far, it’s be awesome if people could throw in their ideas and meal plans so I have more to work with (:

Meal-
    3 fried eggs and a bowl of spinach, asparagus, onions, peppers, broccoli and garlic.

Midday:

Meal-
    Salad with romaine lettuce, 2 hard boiled eggs (or chicken/turkey 2-3x a week), a whole avacado, cucumbers, onions, and assorted spices. apple cider vinegar as dressing. Green beans and broccoli added if at work.

Night:

Meal-
    Heaping bowl of broccoli, onions, peppers, green beans and zucchini. Chicken or salmon a couple nights a week if salad had no chicken or turkey. Organic nettle leaf tea.

250mcg molebdenum, calcium/magnesium/zinc, milk thistle, vitamin e, cod liver oil.

Antifungal- Coconut oil.

So yeah, that’s what I have figured out so far. I need some help making it more solid though, as I don’t know what time of day to add kefir in next week, and these meals aren’t going to be enough because I can’t tolerate buckwheat or coconut bread yet. Also I don’t have enough Ideas for snacks and I’m still hungry all the time. If anybody has ideas as far as meals, snacks, or supplement schedule, please get reply so I can revise my plan and see what the forum thinks.

Also, a quick question- Is it safe to have salmon more than a few times a week? It seems to be in kind of a different class than eggs or meat when I read about it on here. I’d love to have it most nights with my dinner.

How long are you thinking to hold that extremely restrictive diet ??
    IMO, you will lose a lot of weight very fast ( a thing that isn’t good )
    There are other sources of energy and carbohydrates that you can eat without ruining the treatment.
    There isn’t rush dealing with candida. People think that restricting the diet more and more will cure the infection fast. It doesn’t work that way. It isn’t the diet alone but the antifungals and the time your immune system recover.
    Jorge.

xday2dazex

I didn’t know sauerkraut was probiotic. I eat the canned stuff from stop and shop that just has prepared cabbage water and salt. Is that ok?

Jorge, I’ve held that diet for the most part for a few months now with intermittent mistakes and I have lost tons of weight. What are these other sources you would recommend and how would I work them into my treatment? I have reactions from everything. I can’t even have buckwheat or coconut flour right now. I would do anything for extra energy and carbs so please share. If you or anyone else has a good way to tweak my meals and get me more full and covered nutritionally, I’d love the input, that’s why I posted this. I want to gain weight and have some energy while still fighting this thing.

Does anybody have any idea on my salmon question btw? (how often is it safe to have?)

Marbro

xday2dazex wrote: I didn’t know sauerkraut was probiotic. I eat the canned stuff from stop and shop that just has prepared cabbage water and salt. Is that ok?

Jorge, I’ve held that diet for the most part for a few months now with intermittent mistakes and I have lost tons of weight. What are these other sources you would recommend and how would I work them into my treatment? I have reactions from everything. I can’t even have buckwheat or coconut flour right now. I would do anything for extra energy and carbs so please share. If you or anyone else has a good way to tweak my meals and get me more full and covered nutritionally, I’d love the input, that’s why I posted this. I want to gain weight and have some energy while still fighting this thing.

Does anybody have any idea on my salmon question btw? (how often is it safe to have?)

sauerkraut made at home does have probiotics. Most store bought sauerkraut has been heat treated or has perservitives added to keep them in the shelf. I seem to find good sauerkraut at most supermarkets in the cold food sections. If they are not cold then stay away. Look for ones that have sea salt, cabbage and say probiotic cultures.

Its easy to make at home, google it under youtube and you can get instructions. I am lazy and have access to good local made olykraut :)I may try making sauerkraut with Kefir whey one of these days but thats for another post.

Salmon should only be eaten about 3 times a week. The worry on salmon is mercury. too much mercury intake is bad.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

xday2dazex wrote: I didn’t know sauerkraut was probiotic. I eat the canned stuff from stop and shop that just has prepared cabbage water and salt. Is that ok?

I am sorry I was thinking about buckwheat and coconut products.
    Fat is the only thing you can do until you improve more.
    Are you doing enemas??
    In your situation, at least two times a week will be a good option. Enemas may speed your recover and allow you to try food you don’t tolerate now.
    Keep doing !!! There will be a moment where you will reach the turning point.

Jorge.

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

You could try oat flour, or teff flour, the Sauerkraut shouldn’t have any water only sea salt and cabbage, the salt will pull the water from the cabbage and that is where it comes from, it is very hard to find raw sauerkraut which is what you need, mostly because manufacturers pasteurize to extend the shelf life. So even refrigerated sauerkraut has most likely been pasteurized unless it specifically says raw or unheated. There is a brand Bubbles in the USA and Canada that claims it contains live cultures but is not raw, go to health food stores would be a good bet. I have a excellent brand in Canada that is organic and completely raw.

As for your weight you didn’t mention how much VCO you were eating if you are still loosing weight eat more, eat upto 5tbsp per day. Make Avocadoes your friend and eat daily they are excellent source of calories healthy fats , lots of fibre, and chock full of nutrients. Personally if I was loosing too much weight I would add a bit of meat but others on the forum disagree, that it may hinder your progression, but if you are loosing too much weight that also isn’t good for your recovery. Also depending on how far into your diet you are, full fat Greek yoghurt is an excellent source of calories.

Salmon is a good choice for protein and it is very anti inflammatory. 2-3 servings per week is good. And eating coconut will help like coconut milk, and shredded dried un sulphured unsweetened. Coconut is a great source of high calories.

xday2dazex

I was eating up to 4 tablespoons on days off and a couple too teaspoons on work days and it was messing me up bad. I’m trying to start at 1 tsp now and gradually build up to regular high doses. I tried kefir today and I wasn’t ready for it so I’m basically starting over.

So, 2 to 3 servings a week on the salmon. Does that mean it would be ok to have salmon twice a week and chicken twice a week? Or would that be overdoing it?

How have you guys gotten so knowledgeable about this? I wish I had a constant stream of info so I would know more about whats going on with my body, or a doctor who believes that I have a yeast overgrowth. It sucks having to treat myself and find all the answers :/

xday2dazex

Oh, could I start eating raw sauerkraut now or would I have to wait like with the kefir?

Marbro

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Read this, email Able and Raster and they might be able to help you with a lot of your questions.

We can help to since we have been where you are but I have a feeling the link above will help you even more for right now.

xday2dazex

I’ve been trying to follow the protocol for months now and I just keep making mistakes and getting stuck. There was only one time where I was actually able to tolerate buckwheat and kefir and was feeling good… then I had some sunflower kernels a few days later and was back to square one. That was probably 2 months ago and now I’m really trying to get it this time. That’s why I’m on here asking so many questions. I feel like I need to be told exactly what to do because I haven’t been able to handle my treatment correctly. My plan right now is to stick to what I posted and wait about 2 weeks to try kefir, while slowly building back up on coconut oil. Maybe I will inbox able or raster though too, I just feel so in over my head.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

xday2dazex wrote: Hey, so I spent yesterday figuring out whats wrong with my treatment and what to do about it and I’m trying to come up with a better plan of action. Here’s what I have so far, it’s be awesome if people could throw in their ideas and meal plans so I have more to work with (:

Meal-

Midday:

Meal-

Night:

Meal-

Antifungal- Coconut oil.

Are you taking any probiotic supplements? I did not see it in the post above. If not, my suggestion would be to add it in. From what I understand, the diet and antifungals without rebuilding good bacteria in flora will not do you any good. You need to fill in gaps when you kill candida or candida just grows back.

You can see Able’s post from index about probiotics. Let me know if you are having trouble finding it.

Arijana

xday2dazex

I tried kefir 2 days ago and couldn’t tolerate it so I’m holding off on probiotics. If there’s anything else I could tolerate at this point I’d be open to it for sure. I’m counting today as day two of my diet because I made multiple mistakes with food and antifungals which needed to be corrected. If you wouldn’t mind shooting me the link I’d be interested in reading it if i haven’t already.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

xday2dazex wrote: I tried kefir 2 days ago and couldn’t tolerate it so I’m holding off on probiotics. If there’s anything else I could tolerate at this point I’d be open to it for sure. I’m counting today as day two of my diet because I made multiple mistakes with food and antifungals which needed to be corrected. If you wouldn’t mind shooting me the link I’d be interested in reading it if i haven’t already.

You might be able to handle probiotic supplements even if you don’t tolerate kefir. You should definitely include it in your diet even if before kefir.

Arijana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Game Plan (Suggestions?)’ is closed to new replies.