New focus…am I on track with it?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New focus…am I on track with it?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

All,

I had mentioned in a previous post that I have been trying to battle candida and bacteria for 4 years now (3 years on the diet).  I have taken lots of stuff to help, including some RX as well as natural antifungals (coconut oil, Oil of Oregano, SF722, etc), probiotics (HMF neuro, Megafood megaflora, etc), Cod Liver Oil, various homeopathics, digestive enzymes, things for LGS like Marshmellow root, eat prebiotic foods like teff, buckwheat, veggies, etc.

Here is where I am at symptom wise. As cranky as I get about where I still am, I do need to take a step back and realize the progress I’ve made. When I started the diet, I had a chronic vag. yeast infection — I mean like every day of my life. Now I just get it once a month, at the same time of my cycle (tied to hormones clearly) and I can get rid of it within 24 hours.  I have developed more bacterial symptoms over the last couple of years which are up and down.

However, I had the MetaMetrix Stool Test done, which I think pretty highly of because they use DNA PCR and look at all sorts of good stuff, and what I learned is that no candida came up and neither did any bad bacteria. To be honest, I believe that I have basically beaten the candida. In the last few weeks, I’ve seen my tongue clear up and I think I have the yeast at a pretty low level. This is great that I killed the baddies (hopefully it’s correct – I wasn’t taking any supplements/probiotics for a month prior), but my gut is still in shambles.

MetaMetrix showed me that I have:

* High fat in stool, which means I’m not digesting well (which IDK what to say on this one, I’ve been doing digestive enzymes for years, though I stopped before the test, as per the instructions to quit all supplements)

* Low beneficial bacteria (despite my daily use of probiotics– though again, not before the test)

* Low SIgA: meaning my gut lining/immune system is compromised, which likely means I do still have Leaky Gut.

* High Beta-glucuronidase which apparently is produced by the unfriendlies (yet I didn’t come up high on the unfriendlies…hmmm). Anyway, this beta-gluc. stuff disrupts the body’s ability to detoxify both natural hormones and environmental chemicals and leaves you vulnerable for stuff like colon cancer (great.)

Based on my results, what seems most important to me now is less “kill” and more “re-build.”  Do you agree?

I was thinking I need to really focus on boosting my SiGA by some of the following: add in colostrum and continue taking BioMatrix Support Mucosa that I just started which has L-Glut, Milk Thistle, Quercetin, Glucosamine, Bromelain, Slippery Elm, and some other stuff.   I already take Cod Liver Oil which is supposed to be good. Not quite sure what else I can add here. Thoughts??

Building the GOOD bacteria back. I know we all struggle with this. I’ve taken really good probiotic brands, but I am now planning to go on 1) RX strength probiotics that my doc RXed PLUS my HMF neuro recommended by my (and raster’s) ND, and 2) I think I need to also really focus on prebiotics. Every day I eat either teff bread or buckwheat cereal which I believe is high in prebiotics. However, I guess this isn’t enough. What do you guys think about prebiotics in capsule form – like inulin? What do you all recommend?

I’ll be taking something called “Calcium D-Glucarate” for the high Beta-glucuronidase. That’s what the MetaMetrix test says you should do, and what my doc also recommended -it inhibits it apparently.

And lastly, I plan to stop all antifungals and antimicrobials at this time. My doc questioned my taking SF722 and wondered if that might be harmful and reducing my good bacteria counts?  I didn’t think so but wanted to double check on this too.

I welcome advice/thoughts on my plans, especially re: how to boost SiGA and your thoughts on good prebiotic supplementation (aside from food- already been doing that).

thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

As far as I know, SF722 does not kill friendly bacteria and is quite safe.  Don’t really have much to say but it looks like you aren’t freaking out like the other day lol.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

Thanks raster. Yea, I’m trying to be more rationale lol. I didn’t like the answer I got, but I feel like at least I know where to focus rather than throwing my $$ in the air and guessing on where it should land. So I guess that’s good.

Yeah, I thought so too about SF722, so that’s good news.  I was taking Oil of Oregano up until 1 month before the stool test which I know nukes everything, so maybe that had an effect. I’m definitely going to stop taking the heavy duty stuff and focus on rebuilding.

If you or others have thoughts about prebiotics, that would be great. I’m wondering if inulin might jump start the low about of ‘goodies’ I do have

raster
    Participant

dvjorge does not recommend inulin because he thinks it benefits the yeast in the colon.  I had good success with it personally in healing leaking gut.  I think that the nutri-bullet is good enough if you do kale, cucumber, strawberries, other greens, nuts, seeds, etc.

If you want to get lazy with it, you can purchase a few of the extra containers and just prepare a weeks worth the nutri-bullet all at one time and put in fridge with the lid that comes with it, and bam just add water.

This teff bread recipe is the best I’ve had so far, I just add in about 1 more cup+ of teff and use arrowroot flour instead of cornstarch, also use coconut sugar instead of regular so it feeds the yeast (I use dry active yeast):
    http://www.glutenfreeportland.org/2010/05/05/gluten-free-bread-dark-teff-sandwich-bread/
    -raster

yisucks
    Participant

Thanks raster. The teff bread I make is literally just teff flour, eggs, stevia, sea salt, EVOO and cinnamon. Does that not work as a prebiotic that way?  I am confused by your saying that you want to “feed the yeast.” Don’t we not want to do that? Also, what’s coconut sugar– wouldn’t that still spike my blood sugar? I only use stevia because I thought that was safest. I’m still sticking really true to the Stage 1 diet, and I’m not sure if I should be. It’s been a while, so I wonder if I should add in some blueberries, green apples, red peppers etc yet when my yeast is better but I still have gut dysbiosis. what do you think? I also know I really need to talk to Bernie

raster
    Participant

I’m talking about feeding the yeast in the bread lol.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Yes, Inulin is fermented by candida. However, pure Lactulose isn’t. Lactulose is selective incresing the level of Bifidobacteria in the colon. The Bifidos are the most important LAB in the intestines and their metabolites are antagonistic to candida albicans. You can buy online Lactofiltrum. It is a Lactulose Prebiotic. I advice to take Butyrate together with Lactulose. Butyrate is the main source of energy of the colonic cells.

Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

yisucks
    Participant

Dvjorge- thank you!! Great suggestion. I never heard of either of those things, but that looks very in line with my new focus to boost prebiotics and heal my damaged gut. I found both on amazon. Thank you!!!!

yisucks
    Participant

dcjorge,

This is the lactofiltrum you recommend, right?

http://Www.lactrofiltrum.com.so

I bought it and am eager to try it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New focus…am I on track with it?’ is closed to new replies.