NEW DDS probiotic

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions NEW DDS probiotic

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Naturegirl27 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I am not going to start taking it yet, but I read the forum’s suggestions to use an lactobacillus DDS, so I found a probiotic at the healthfood store with 10 billion and 4 different strains in one capsule. I noticed the extra ingredients include rice maltodextrin. The capsules also contain fructooligosaccharide. I asked the man who worked there what exactly it is. He say is a long chain complex sugar that is added into the capsule to feed the bacteria that are in the capsule. He THEN explained to me (he was very knowledgable) that when you stop eating sugar, your body has to find a way to convert stored sugar in the body into sugar anyways. That is FOS as it is called will do absolutely nothing to “feed the candida”. He said I can return it if I change my mind. Have you heard of these ingredients being added and is this probiotic going to be okay for me to take?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s some info about FOS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructooligosaccharide

In my opinion, it is basically a prebiotic that is very beneficial for your recovery. It heals leaky gut and is heavily anti-candida. You can buy inulin (aka miracle fiber) which contains FOS and add it to your breads, yogurts, etc. I use it regularly to heal the gut and improve digestion.

There are some foods high in FOS that are good for your recovery, so I recommend checking them out. Bananas are not recommended because they contain approximately 25g of sugar per banana.

The main thing you should ask/determine is what is the billion count? I found a DDS-1 probiotic at the vitamin shoppe but it was only a 4 billion count pill. You need much much more than this to get better and thats why we recommend the megaflora one because it is 20/50 billion in count.

Also rice maltodextrin is basically a form of glucose and isn’t recommended.

-raster

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

Thank you!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘NEW DDS probiotic’ is closed to new replies.