New and Overwhelmed – Cataplex E2?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New and Overwhelmed – Cataplex E2?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #121043

    aliberty
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

    Good morning,

    I was diagnosed with a yeast allergy about a week and a half ago now. My Dr has me taking Zymex daily, and when I went in for a follow up this past week, I informed him I was having difficulty breathing still. He gave me Cataplex E2 to help with oxygen flow.

    I’ve been on a strict ant-candida diet since I found out about the yeast allergy. My energy is still extremely low, which I guess is to be expected. I went through four very rough days with a die-off period, and have been slowly improving ever since.

    My question is this: Cataplex has honey and selenium yeast as “other” ingredients. When I took it the other day, I could barely move and had to take a nap, and woke up feeling WAY off. I called and talked with him about it, and he said it was because I’m pushing myself too hard, not because of the ingredients. He informed me it goes to the oxygen, not to my GI tract, which is where the yeast allergy problem is.

    I took more last night after talking with him and about an hour later, I could feel my throat start to swell – I am not sure if I am just getting a cold or if it’s the Cataplex messing with me.

    Has anyone dealt with this? I am literally at my wit’s end, I have been working hard to try to get rid of this thing and feel like I’m just treading water!

    Also – this Doctor has been doing this for a LONG time, and I have MANY friends who have told me he’s the smartest guy they know when it comes to the human body and they would trust their life with him. I just want to get better!

    Thank you!

    #121044

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    The amount of bad ingredients in the capsules is likely very minimal, maybe the size of a few pinheads per vitamin, and so I generally wouldn’t be too concerned about it. I’ve taken zymex II in the past and I believe its great for targeting the small intestine and relieving SIBO like problems and symptoms. It also is used to fight candida, basically the enzymes help destroy the yeast. It should also promote better digestion and should help break down the food you eat.

    I used it in conjunction with other enzymes and standard process products and feel that standard process is the best manufacturer of vitamins in the world. They put some unusual ingredients in their vitamins but they should be absorbed by the body before even feeding the candida imo, and they are anti-yeast too at the same time.

    -raster

    #121045

    aliberty
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

    raster;59565 wrote: The amount of bad ingredients in the capsules is likely very minimal, maybe the size of a few pinheads per vitamin, and so I generally wouldn’t be too concerned about it. I’ve taken zymex II in the past and I believe its great for targeting the small intestine and relieving SIBO like problems and symptoms. It also is used to fight candida, basically the enzymes help destroy the yeast. It should also promote better digestion and should help break down the food you eat.

    I used it in conjunction with other enzymes and standard process products and feel that standard process is the best manufacturer of vitamins in the world. They put some unusual ingredients in their vitamins but they should be absorbed by the body before even feeding the candida imo, and they are anti-yeast too at the same time.

    -raster

    I wasn’t so worried about the zymex as I am the cataplex e2, but that applies with the minimal ingredients too?

    #121049

    lolcandida
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

    What is your current diet?

    #121052

    aliberty
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

    lolcandida;59570 wrote: What is your current diet?

    I’m on week 2 of the candida diet – stage 1. Non starchy vegetables, eggs, lean proteins, and healthy fats. I have introduced buckwheat and (soaked) oat bran this week too to help with my digestion. I’m thinking no more oat bran

    #121054

    lolcandida
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

    I think the candida diet is quite out of date and a poor choice to beat candida with as the candida diet does not allow sugars. Since candida can metabolize ketones (fat) the candida will thrive in a no sugar diet which only acts to weaken your immune system and natural defenses. Keep in mind your own white blood cells require sugar to function well.

    Consider adding lots of fruit, raw honey, and white rice to your diet. Tropical and citrus fruit are the easiest type of fruit to tolerate with candida, orange juice can be fine as well. Raw honey is also well tolerated and has properties that will help to body fight candida. White rice is usually the most well tolerated starch.

    I have beaten candida quite quickly with a high sugar/carb approach after a long time following a no sugar approach with little success.

    For fats I would choose coconut oil and eliminate omega 6 polyunsaturated fat completely from the diet as this type of fat further weakens the immune system.

    #121063

    Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

    lolcandida;59575 wrote: I have beaten candida quite quickly with a high sugar/carb approach after a long time following a no sugar approach with little success.

    That’s quite amazing.

    If I may ask, are you aware that you are going squarely against common forum consensus? Everybody here seems to think that sugar is evil, it’s poison, candida thrives on it, and you need to reduce sugar to near zero if you even want to have the slightest chance of beating candida.

    What could be the reason that your experience is so positive while using a very different approach?

    Rabelais

    #121068

    lolcandida
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

    I believe candida is not an actual problem in of itself but a symptom of hypothyroidism and a weakened immune system. I think candida usually results after a persons diet has become to low in carbohydrate for a variety of reasons. My cause was antibiotics which lead to bacterial overgrowth and caused me to stop being hungry in the mornings and avoid breakfast. Overtime this lead to a decrease in my metabolism and numerous food intolerance’s leading to more reductions in my diet and eventually candida.

    I think the forum consensus results from very old (bad) research that lead to the popularization of the idea that you card starve candida out of the body which is a complete misunderstanding of not only the candida organism(because it can digest fatty acids), but of how the bodies immune system functions(white blood cells need sugar to work).

    If you want to read more about candida and why low carb will never beat google ray peat and candida, paul jaminet candida, or jeff mccombs candida. They have written numerous articles explaining why the popular low carb candida diets don’t work.

    They key to beating candida is up regulating the thyroid gland which speeds up metabolism, increased body temperature, and strengthens the immune system so candida just vanishes. The way to do this is a high carb diet as carbs force the conversion of inactive thyroid hormone to the active hormone which tuns the body back on. Most with candida will also have high ldl cholesterol or will be diagnosed with adrenal fatigue or hypothyroidism. This is all cured with sugar.

    However, when one has candida the metabolism will be very slow and not a lot of carbohydrate/sugar foods will be well tolerated. This is why I advise raw honey, orange juice, and other citrus and tropical fruits or white rice as they are the easiest sources of sugar/carb to digest and will be tolerated with little problems even with a slow metabolism. From these healthy sources of easily digestible carbs the more one eats the faster one will beat candida.

    Most of my candida symptoms are gone less than 2 weeks after adopting a high carb approach. For the past couple months I had already abandoned the low carb approach but I was never eating much more than 1000 calories of carb a day usually from white rice and candida was still a problem.

    I noticed the nearly total elimination of candida the past 2 weeks when I have been eating:
    1 gallon of organic orange juice daily(1800 calories)
    1/2 pound raw honey daily(650 calories)
    Along with other fruits mainly grapes and pineapple. In the last week I have also added 1/2 pound raw grass fed cheese to my diet but only because I could tell my metabolism was much stronger and candida was mostly gone. I am pretty sure I could eat a pizza right now with no digestive issue but I really just want to eat more honey.

    #121069

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    lolcandida;59589 wrote: I believe candida is not an actual problem in of itself but a symptom of hypothyroidism and a weakened immune system. I think candida usually results after a persons diet has become to low in carbohydrate for a variety of reasons. My cause was antibiotics which lead to bacterial overgrowth and caused me to stop being hungry in the mornings and avoid breakfast. Overtime this lead to a decrease in my metabolism and numerous food intolerance’s leading to more reductions in my diet and eventually candida.

    I think the forum consensus results from very old (bad) research that lead to the popularization of the idea that you card starve candida out of the body which is a complete misunderstanding of not only the candida organism(because it can digest fatty acids), but of how the bodies immune system functions(white blood cells need sugar to work).

    If you want to read more about candida and why low carb will never beat google ray peat and candida, paul jaminet candida, or jeff mccombs candida. They have written numerous articles explaining why the popular low carb candida diets don’t work.

    They key to beating candida is up regulating the thyroid gland which speeds up metabolism, increased body temperature, and strengthens the immune system so candida just vanishes. The way to do this is a high carb diet as carbs force the conversion of inactive thyroid hormone to the active hormone which tuns the body back on. Most with candida will also have high ldl cholesterol or will be diagnosed with adrenal fatigue or hypothyroidism. This is all cured with sugar.

    However, when one has candida the metabolism will be very slow and not a lot of carbohydrate/sugar foods will be well tolerated. This is why I advise raw honey, orange juice, and other citrus and tropical fruits or white rice as they are the easiest sources of sugar/carb to digest and will be tolerated with little problems even with a slow metabolism. From these healthy sources of easily digestible carbs the more one eats the faster one will beat candida.

    Most of my candida symptoms are gone less than 2 weeks after adopting a high carb approach. For the past couple months I had already abandoned the low carb approach but I was never eating much more than 1000 calories of carb a day usually from white rice and candida was still a problem.

    I noticed the nearly total elimination of candida the past 2 weeks when I have been eating:
    1 gallon of organic orange juice daily(1800 calories)
    1/2 pound raw honey daily(650 calories)
    Along with other fruits mainly grapes and pineapple. In the last week I have also added 1/2 pound raw grass fed cheese to my diet but only because I could tell my metabolism was much stronger and candida was mostly gone. I am pretty sure I could eat a pizza right now with no digestive issue but I really just want to eat more honey.

    Just to clarify, only a few people advocate a low carb diet…I am not one of them and the other major users on here are not one of them. So we are not advocating a low carb diet in general…able who used to be on here did advocate for this but he is long gone.

    But we do all agree on sugar being bad for candida. You do need some natural sugar but you don’t need very much and especially the levels you recommend…I think that advocating a high sugar diet is potentially harmful and you need to think this out before advocating for this treatment plan. What if your advise was potentially harmful and it caused people debilitating side effects?

    All I know is I tried the high sugar diet starting out and it brought nothing but harm and it didn’t work for me. I have a feeling that most people tried this as well, especially before starting the official candida diet. For me and many others, eating the items you advocate cause major allergic reactions that can last for hours…and this is not a good or healthy symptom to experience in general.

    For instance, at one time if I ate one bite of an apple, I would get ringing ears, heart palpitations, the leaky gut burn symptom I’ve mentioned, and a headache or bloodshot eyes.

    Also in general, we aren’t advocating a starve out approach with yeast because this generally doesn’t work. I tell people to seek professional care whereas you advocate for the treat yourself route with these destructive ideas…a true professional knows how to get better, and the professionals I have advised with have not advocated a high sugar diet at all and the opposite.

    Dr. Mcoombs advises this high sugar idea because his plan is a 2 year long plan to get better, which means he gets rich.

    -raster

    #121071

    lolcandida
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

    I think most people were not on a high healthy sugar diet in the past and it causes people to mistakenly blame sugar. I am not saying white sugar is good for you I advocate natural sugars found in fruits and raw honey. I have followed numerous diets for the past 2 years, I have tried every candida supplement and probiotic as well as every prebiotic fiber. I have done every cleanse and I am telling you none of it works.

    I think people will only benefit from my advice because no one here has tried it and everyone here is following the same no sugar advice and not winning their battle with candida. I don’t advocate eating apples either and I like you found I could not tolerate them well. I advise citrus and tropical fruits as well as raw organic honey.

    If you don’t believe me go buy a small jar of organic raw honey, eat a few tablespoons and look in the mirror at your tongue. I have beaten candida and I will continue to explain to people how to beat it so that they do not struggle for years like I did not eating sugar and trying supplement after supplement when none of it works.

    I doubt anyone here with candida was eating organic raw honey and a bunch of organic fruits and juices when they came down with their candida problem, if you were then I would love to hear about your experience.

    #121076

    aliberty
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

    raster;59590 wrote:

    I believe candida is not an actual problem in of itself but a symptom of hypothyroidism and a weakened immune system. I think candida usually results after a persons diet has become to low in carbohydrate for a variety of reasons. My cause was antibiotics which lead to bacterial overgrowth and caused me to stop being hungry in the mornings and avoid breakfast. Overtime this lead to a decrease in my metabolism and numerous food intolerance’s leading to more reductions in my diet and eventually candida.

    I think the forum consensus results from very old (bad) research that lead to the popularization of the idea that you card starve candida out of the body which is a complete misunderstanding of not only the candida organism(because it can digest fatty acids), but of how the bodies immune system functions(white blood cells need sugar to work).

    If you want to read more about candida and why low carb will never beat google ray peat and candida, paul jaminet candida, or jeff mccombs candida. They have written numerous articles explaining why the popular low carb candida diets don’t work.

    They key to beating candida is up regulating the thyroid gland which speeds up metabolism, increased body temperature, and strengthens the immune system so candida just vanishes. The way to do this is a high carb diet as carbs force the conversion of inactive thyroid hormone to the active hormone which tuns the body back on. Most with candida will also have high ldl cholesterol or will be diagnosed with adrenal fatigue or hypothyroidism. This is all cured with sugar.

    However, when one has candida the metabolism will be very slow and not a lot of carbohydrate/sugar foods will be well tolerated. This is why I advise raw honey, orange juice, and other citrus and tropical fruits or white rice as they are the easiest sources of sugar/carb to digest and will be tolerated with little problems even with a slow metabolism. From these healthy sources of easily digestible carbs the more one eats the faster one will beat candida.

    Most of my candida symptoms are gone less than 2 weeks after adopting a high carb approach. For the past couple months I had already abandoned the low carb approach but I was never eating much more than 1000 calories of carb a day usually from white rice and candida was still a problem.

    I noticed the nearly total elimination of candida the past 2 weeks when I have been eating:
    1 gallon of organic orange juice daily(1800 calories)
    1/2 pound raw honey daily(650 calories)
    Along with other fruits mainly grapes and pineapple. In the last week I have also added 1/2 pound raw grass fed cheese to my diet but only because I could tell my metabolism was much stronger and candida was mostly gone. I am pretty sure I could eat a pizza right now with no digestive issue but I really just want to eat more honey.

    Just to clarify, only a few people advocate a low carb diet…I am not one of them and the other major users on here are not one of them. So we are not advocating a low carb diet in general…able who used to be on here did advocate for this but he is long gone.

    But we do all agree on sugar being bad for candida. You do need some natural sugar but you don’t need very much and especially the levels you recommend…I think that advocating a high sugar diet is potentially harmful and you need to think this out before advocating for this treatment plan. What if your advise was potentially harmful and it caused people debilitating side effects?

    All I know is I tried the high sugar diet starting out and it brought nothing but harm and it didn’t work for me. I have a feeling that most people tried this as well, especially before starting the official candida diet. For me and many others, eating the items you advocate cause major allergic reactions that can last for hours…and this is not a good or healthy symptom to experience in general.

    For instance, at one time if I ate one bite of an apple, I would get ringing ears, heart palpitations, the leaky gut burn symptom I’ve mentioned, and a headache or bloodshot eyes.

    Also in general, we aren’t advocating a starve out approach with yeast because this generally doesn’t work. I tell people to seek professional care whereas you advocate for the treat yourself route with these destructive ideas…a true professional knows how to get better, and the professionals I have advised with have not advocated a high sugar diet at all and the opposite.

    Dr. Mcoombs advises this high sugar idea because his plan is a 2 year long plan to get better, which means he gets rich.

    -raster

    Raster,

    What carbs do you encourage for people new to fighting candida?

    #121077

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I recommend veggies such as pumpkin and rutabega (great potato replacement) and a lot of the baking flours such as buckwheat, almond meal, teff, coconut flour, etc. A typical meal should encompass a serving of protein, veggie, and starch. I also recommend cream of buckwheat (great for baking or breakfast) or buckwheat groats (great rice replacement). If you want to eat rice, I recommend the more nutritous varieties such as black rice, red rice, and wild rice…you likely won’t be as allergic to these when compared to white or brown rice because you haven’t had them in your lifetime.

    -raster

    #121080

    TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

    Lolcandida, I love your enthusiasm and really wish I could go along with everything you’re saying, but the things you are telling people is very dangerous advice.

    Every person suffers in many ways. Advising tropical fruits and raw honey in theory sounds good, but many of those fruits accumulate mold in transportation which sets people off who already are fighting yeast. Myself included.
    Also, the fructose will do no favours to many with such poor digestion, like mysef, especially others who have fructose intolerance, which will do serious harm to their gut health and cause diarrhea.

    I seriously doubt you have beaten candida after a week like you say you have. Many people notice most or almost all of their symptoms disappearing after a period of time, think they’re fine and then find out it comes back worse than before when they try to go back to normal.
    I have had something similar to this, except I never went back to a normal way of life, but just experimented with certain foods like blueberries, greek yoghurt, red peppers and oat bran. And lo and behold – my symptoms started coming back to the same degree as before I went on the protocol. And guess what – these are more ‘sugar’ rich foods like you’re recommending.

    You are going by unproven statements, suggesting everyone will be the same and giving false hope to many.

    #121083

    aliberty
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

    raster;59598 wrote: I recommend veggies such as pumpkin and rutabega (great potato replacement) and a lot of the baking flours such as buckwheat, almond meal, teff, coconut flour, etc. A typical meal should encompass a serving of protein, veggie, and starch. I also recommend cream of buckwheat (great for baking or breakfast) or buckwheat groats (great rice replacement). If you want to eat rice, I recommend the more nutritous varieties such as black rice, red rice, and wild rice…you likely won’t be as allergic to these when compared to white or brown rice because you haven’t had them in your lifetime.

    -raster

    Last question, I promise! Quinoa?

    #121085

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I had problems with quinoa when I tried it, I couldn’t digest it, likely because I didn’t have the proper gut flora. Eventually after 3 days of consuming it, I started to get bad allergic reactions. I think rice is much safer.

    -raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New and Overwhelmed – Cataplex E2?’ is closed to new replies.