New and frustrated

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New and frustrated

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MadEmx 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and new to Candida. I was diagnosed by a naturopath in May. I had symptoms as of Jan/Feb. initially I went to a hormone doctor, but that wasn’t the cause of my symptoms. So, I am on natural antifungals, probiotics and digestive enzymes. I have been following the diet religiously except for one day when I ran my first Marathon at the end of May and had to take gels for fuel (pure sugar, I knew what would happen going in. Talk about bad timing). Anyway, today I woke up with that super full bloated feeling that led me to the initial diagnoses. I haven’t eaten anything different. So I am wondering what the possible cause could be. The only thing I can think of, is I was on 3 antifungals a day and recently increased to 5. Could this be what is causing it? The rectal itching also came back but I have a hemorrhoid and that could be from it healing. Who knows?
    Any help and support is greatly appreciated. I’m a single mom and am back in the dating scene and not being able to eat and drink normally has been very stressful. I know it’s a blip in time, but I am feeling very down today.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its likely related to your digestion.

-raster

willsurvive
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 25

Try adding betaine Hcl. Stay strong, it will get better. Sf722 works amazing as an antifungal if you have not used that. A nice person will have compassion for u. A nice test for dating a good person.

http://www.iherb.com/betaine-hcl

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

The bloated feeling is probably from the candida dying off in your stomach from the antifungals. As they die, they give off toxic gases which I’m sure could lead to a bloated feeling. When you ate that pure sugar, they probably multiplied quickly therefore causing a larger die off later on.

As far as the rectal itching, stool elimination is one of the main areas that you eliminate candida from your body so as it passes through, it is going to be a key area that gets irritated by candida cells passing through. Not to mention most people usually have candida in their colon.

I go through periods of rectal itching too, usually during big bouts of die off. Hemorrhoids is candida related as well….

I cheated for two days last week cause I had a really tough week with a close family member passing and I went through intense die off for the last couple of days. Those lil bastards multiply so quickly it isn’t even funny.

MadEmx

Thank you for your responses. So while I am frustrated it’s getting worse (even though I have been militant in my eating) it’s possible it could be getting better? It happened again today. I was fine all day and then tonight I look 6 months pregnant from bloat (and my stomach is hard, not soft).
    Smitty – Sorry about your die off symptoms. I don’t have any other except the bloat and the rectal itching. I didn’t know hemorrhoids are caused by candida. I am just frustrated because I thought it should be getting better and it feels like it’s getting worse. I can’t eat any better unless I eat only veggies! And I am already only 107 pounds at 5’5″!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

MadEmx;45266 wrote: I am just frustrated because I thought it should be getting better and it feels like it’s getting worse.

Can you describe your diet for us?

Did you see the post above suggesting that you use Betaine Hydrochloride? This is part of the Forum Protocol and should help with your present problem.

As far as the antifungals are concerned, you don’t need to be on five different antifungals at one time, two at a time is enough. They can’t finish the job anyway, that’ll be done by beneficial bacteria in the intestines.

Able

MadEmx

Hi Able, I was just reading your response on an older post and was trying to find you and here you are on mine. : )I am following the diet from this forum website. I was just reading your post about too much chicken and red meat. I was a vegetarian before this (well, flexitarian is more accurate bc I would eat meat once in awhile, but rarely). So here I am now eating chicken, beef, fish etc along with millet, quinoa, brown and wild rice. Mostly green veg and 2 servings of berries, apples or pears (this is from my naturopath, I am not sure if fruit is allowed as per forum diet). Today I ate my veggie shake (kale, spinach, cucumber), chicken stir fry (no carbs just cauliflower, peppers, garlic and onion), pecans, and for dinner wild canned salmon, more cauliflower, green beans and millet. THen I had brown rice cakes with avocado. The bloat happened before the brown rice cakes. Any advice or do you need more info? I would love to cut down on my meat and poultry consumption! I was doing really well. This bloat is within the last week. I have been on this diet since May 6th. May 26th I ran the marathon and took the gels. May 27th I was back on diet again and have been following since then.

Thanks for reading and responding.

Oh, one thing I thought about is I was always buying organic meat until a few weeks ago when I had to cut back on some costs. Not sure if that would be causing the flare up? It seems to happen pretty suddenly and it’s pretty disturbing because it bloats right up like a balloon!

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

MadEmx;45269 wrote: Hi Able, I was just reading your response on an older post and was trying to find you and here you are on mine. : )I am following the diet from this forum website. I was just reading your post about too much chicken and red meat. I was a vegetarian before this (well, flexitarian is more accurate bc I would eat meat once in awhile, but rarely). So here I am now eating chicken, beef, fish etc along with millet, quinoa, brown and wild rice. Mostly green veg and 2 servings of berries, apples or pears (this is from my naturopath, I am not sure if fruit is allowed as per forum diet). Today I ate my veggie shake (kale, spinach, cucumber), chicken stir fry (no carbs just cauliflower, peppers, garlic and onion), pecans, and for dinner wild canned salmon, more cauliflower, green beans and millet. THen I had brown rice cakes with avocado. The bloat happened before the brown rice cakes. Any advice or do you need more info? I would love to cut down on my meat and poultry consumption! I was doing really well. This bloat is within the last week. I have been on this diet since May 6th. May 26th I ran the marathon and took the gels. May 27th I was back on diet again and have been following since then.

Thanks for reading and responding.

Oh, one thing I thought about is I was always buying organic meat until a few weeks ago when I had to cut back on some costs. Not sure if that would be causing the flare up? It seems to happen pretty suddenly and it’s pretty disturbing because it bloats right up like a balloon!

I know it’s hard to stick to this diet to a T cause healthier products do seem to be more expensive (ugh). But the chicken that isn’t organic is usually pumped full of antibiotics and I don’t need to tell you how that can affect a sensitive digestive system not to mention kill off good bacteria in your gut.

Other things I noticed is rice of any kind is a big no no on this forum and causes reactions for a lot of people.

Fruit is also not advised during a candida war cause even fruit contains natural sugars.

Uhh free range beef is ok but it is one of the harder meats to digest and can take a healthy digestive system days to fully digest so it’s advised to wait until you’re feeling a lot better before attempting it and making sure you don’t over do it.

Chicken is ok once or twice a week and the key is to make sure it is organic and free of antibioitcs.

Only fish that is really allowed is wild salmon. You said you eat canned wild salmon? I’d be careful with that cause usually canned anything isn’t recommended on the candida diet. Preservatives and risk of the metal can contaminating the food.

Able can probably give you some more info but those are the things that stand out to me.

You should check out rutabaga french fries. I love em and they are filling and it’s an antifungal.

MadEmx

Thank you! I will make all those changes ASAP!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New and frustrated’ is closed to new replies.