New and confused

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New and confused

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kimtini
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi all, i am so glad i found this site. The people running it are angels!

I am new and very confused. My story goes that 5 months ago i felt happy and pretty healthy i thought and in a better of days it all came crashing down. I started to have extreme blood sugar issues, foggy mind, anxiety and sudden onset of deep deep depression for no reason and rapid weight loss. I went to many many doctors who could find nothing wrong. 2 months into it i had to give in and take antidepressants for the first time in my life because i felt like i didn’t want to live anymore. No one knew what was wrong with me. Finally i found a doctor who did a ton of blood tests. they came back positive for reactive hypoglycaemia, insulin resistance and candida. I have been on the hypoglycaemia diet for 2 months and it seems to have helped 50% but i am still so sick and depressed. 2 weeks ago the doctor gave me nil stat and told me to stay off all yeast and keep doing the hypoglycaemia diet. I am still very depressed and still having blood sugar issues.

My questions are if i put my candida blood test numbers up would anyone be able to tell me how bad it is? Does candida cause hypoglycaemia? Does it cause depression and anxiety?

I am taking nilstat and probiotics and digestive enzymes. Is that ok to take? Any idea how much and how often of each?

I am also still loosing weight. I am down to 47kg and i am 5ft 5 and i need to put weight on badly but can’t seem to do it even eating every 2 hours. Please does anyone have any ideas for me? Do i have a hope of recovery?

Thank you in advance.

Kim

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Candida can cause hyperglycemia and Dr. Mcoomb’s has covered this many times. It can cause depression and anxiety as well. It can even cause more than this…

Check out the protocol for a good general plan, you don’t have to do the cleanse part of the protocol if you don’t want to:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Here is some Dr. Mcoomb’s as well if you want to listen:

http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

His plan is different than the forum’s so don’t buy into it…

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

My questions are if i put my candida blood test numbers up would anyone be able to tell me how bad it is?

Are you saying that your doctor was unable to explain the numbers to you? You can post the numbers, but personally I don’t put a lot of stock in the tests.

Does candida cause hypoglycemia?

If Candida caused hypoglycemia it would probably be from lack of protein.

Does it cause depression and anxiety?

Yes, Candida can cause both.

I am taking nilstat and probiotics and digestive enzymes. Is that ok to take? Any idea how much and how often of each?

Isn’t Nilstat the same thing as Nystatin, and if it is, isn’t it sold as a prescription? So shouldn’t the dosage information be on the label?
    You need to read the protocol for information on when to start what. After reading it, you’ll welcome to ask us questions about anything you didn’t understand.

I am also still loosing weight. I am down to 47kg and i am 5ft 5 and i need to put weight on badly but can’t seem to do it even eating every 2 hours. Please does anyone have any ideas for me?

Everyone loses weight on a Candida diet until they learn that they just have to eat a lot more of the foods allowed. Once you reach the correct daily caloric intake for your size, you’ll stop losing weight. Try adding coconut oil as your first antifungal, this should help you gain weight, or at least stop you from losing.

Do i have a hope of recovery?

Of course you do, what would even make you ask that?

Able

kimtini

raster wrote: Candida can cause hyperglycemia and Dr. Mcoomb’s has covered this many times. It can cause depression and anxiety as well. It can even cause more than this…

Check out the protocol for a good general plan, you don’t have to do the cleanse part of the protocol if you don’t want to:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Here is some Dr. Mcoomb’s as well if you want to listen:

http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

His plan is different than the forum’s so don’t buy into it…

-raster

Thank you. I will go check it out now.

kimtini

Able900 wrote:

My questions are if i put my candida blood test numbers up would anyone be able to tell me how bad it is?

Are you saying that your doctor was unable to explain the numbers to you? You can post the numbers, but personally I don’t put a lot of stock in the tests.

Does candida cause hypoglycemia?

If Candida caused hypoglycemia it would probably be from lack of protein.

Does it cause depression and anxiety?

Yes, Candida can cause both.

Isn’t Nilstat the same thing as Nystatin, and if it is, isn’t it sold as a prescription? So shouldn’t the dosage information be on the label?
    You need to read the protocol for information on when to start what. After reading it, you’ll welcome to ask us questions about anything you didn’t understand.

I am also still loosing weight. I am down to 47kg and i am 5ft 5 and i need to put weight on badly but can’t seem to do it even eating every 2 hours. Please does anyone have any ideas for me?

Everyone loses weight on a Candida diet until they learn that they just have to eat a lot more of the foods allowed. Once you reach the correct daily caloric intake for your size, you’ll stop losing weight. Try adding coconut oil as your first antifungal, this should help you gain weight, or at least stop you from losing.

Do i have a hope of recovery?

Of course you do, what would even make you ask that?

Able

I know it seems strange but my doctor who did all the tests has no patience for questions. When i try to ask something its almost like he shushes me and shoves me out the door. He is very busy and has limited people skills. He is a do as i say kind of guy but since he is the only one to find what is wrong i feel like i have no option but to keep going. I have tried to ask how bad it is but i never get a real answer so i was hopping someone else could tell me.
    You said you don’t put much faith in the blood tests. Im new to this so please excuse my ignorance. Why is that? Are they not accurate? Is there a better way?

Yes Nilstat is the same as Nystatin. He just told me to take 3 a day. He did not tell me to take probiotics. I just started that from reading this website.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

IMO, the best thing you can do is to start an anticandida protocol slowly. Since you have issues with the blood sugar, you will need to check it repeatedly to know it be stable. The anticandida diet as well as candida can cause hypoglycemia.

Speak about your past, your life style, medications you have taken in the past, all this help to know about your possible candida case.

Begin a diet and keep the Nystatin tablets. You probably need to add coconut oil, sf 722, or another natural antifungal to the treatment. Keep reading and learning. It will guide you in your journey.
    Jorge.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi,
    welcome to the group. I wonder how the doctor figured out that you have reactive hypoglycaemia? I didnt know what it was and every single sympthom fits my sympthoms.
    My doctor doesnt believe in anything else then streamline western education and runs only the standard blood and urine tests.

All came out negative for me. I have no blood sugar issues when I sit there and they take the blood. Is reactive hypoglycaemia showing up in a normal blood sugar test?
    I have to have some bulletproof facts to shoot him with when he gives me his standard answer that it is a mind think and I should take antidepressants. I am depressed because my body feels poison and gives me hell I am telling him but he says my blood is fine.

So, my question to you guys is. If my blood sugar test taking from the doctor is fine, do I still can have reactive hypoglycaemia? And if I want a reactive hypoglycaemia test how to I sell it to my doctor?

thanks
    Thomas

kimtini

Thomas wrote: Hi,
    welcome to the group. I wonder how the doctor figured out that you have reactive hypoglycaemia? I didnt know what it was and every single sympthom fits my sympthoms.
    My doctor doesnt believe in anything else then streamline western education and runs only the standard blood and urine tests.

All came out negative for me. I have no blood sugar issues when I sit there and they take the blood. Is reactive hypoglycaemia showing up in a normal blood sugar test?
    I have to have some bulletproof facts to shoot him with when he gives me his standard answer that it is a mind think and I should take antidepressants. I am depressed because my body feels poison and gives me hell I am telling him but he says my blood is fine.

So, my question to you guys is. If my blood sugar test taking from the doctor is fine, do I still can have reactive hypoglycaemia? And if I want a reactive hypoglycaemia test how to I sell it to my doctor?

thanks
    Thomas

Most doctors don’t believe in reactive hypoglycaemia. Mine luckily does. Normal blood tests don’t show it. It needs to be a 4 or 5 hour glucose tolerance test with insulin measured. Check out this site. http://www.hypoglycemia.asn.au/ there is a letter you can print off to take to your doctor telling them how to test you for reactive hypoglycaemia.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Thank you! Lets see how he will look at me when I hand it over to him! 😉
    You wondered a little about depression, etc
    I never was depressed, had panic attacks or anything in 49 years. I too was not depressed first and then things where going wacky with my body. What happened with me was that I struggled to heal myself for over a year and things didn’t improve even I lived like an angle. I was doing everything right so to speak and things turned from bad to worse. That really broke me at first.

Then in the mist of one of the worst symptom attacks I had. I was woken up in the middle of deep sleep from a panic totally flipping out. Being half away I wondered what is going on with me and fear came. This fear about loosing control over my body was the first panic attack I ever had. It was strange as it took me by surprise, I was not dwelling on negative thoughts or anything. I was sleeping.
    After that I was afraid for the fear to come back and the suffering started.

Then I noticed a big thing which I like to share with you. It helps me greatly and keeps the depression and panic attacks at bay.

I noticed that I am not my body, I noticed too that I am not my thoughts or feelings either. I was watching it all, yes I experienced them but I am not it. I could see the thoughts and feelings coming and going, I too noticed the changes in my body but I was always the witness of it.

It was much like being the buss driver watching people going in and out of the buss, being for a while in my bus and then taking off never to be seen again.

How did that help me. Very simple when you know that you are not it, that you are not the deppression or the panic you discover a free space between yourself and the stuff forever changing. You are the unchangeable. Does that mean I dont experience unpleasant things and sympthoms. No, not att all. But it is like rain falling on my head. I am not saying I am rain. Or I am sick or I am depressed.

I am not struggling any-more I watch it and allow it. I see it coming and see it going. Things which come are not stable, they come and go like thoughts or feelings. I noticed what I resist persists and gets stronger. This space of truth I discovered allows me to lay low when the attacks come. I watch reality what it is. I am watching tremors in my body, ok. I feel my heart palpations, ok. I know they came and will go, I see them too going away, ok. I am still here. Great!

Believe me my friend you are ok, you will always be ok, even if it rains some shit sometimes. You are not it and you are OK!

yours
    thomas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New and confused’ is closed to new replies.