Nervous and skeptical- please help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nervous and skeptical- please help!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  goingnatural 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

August
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I believe I have a candida overgrowth, from the symptoms I’ve researched. My tongue has warning signs and, a lot of the time, I simply feel unwell. I’m a 24 year old male who experiences “hot flash” like episodes, stomach issues, chronic fatigue- etc… I don’t drink often at all, but last year I had to take 4-6 courses of antibiotics for sinus infections, stomach issue- etc… which I think could have been quite bad for having a candida overgrowth.

My concerns is that, if this is such a well documented phenomenon on all of the websites I’ve visited, and so many over the counter suppliments have been made for this, then why does the medical community (doctors) seem to be so clueless about this horrible and crippling intruder which seems to easy to spot in any blood test?

I’m about to start a treatment program (actually the one outlined on this website, by following all of the rules) but it makes me SO nervous that so many people are experiencing horrible, horrible die-off symptoms. All of the posts I see are “when will this end?” and “I can only hope that one day I’ll be candida free”, but I don’t see any “I beat it! I’m cured, everything is perfect I feel WONDERFUL!”. It makes me nervous to think that perhaps candida levels are naturally high in our bodies and we shouldn’t tamper with killing them and releasing the toxins into our body.

Could someone, or everyone, please quiet my fears? If I follow the diet EXACTLY and take the suppliments and detox as it says, will I actually feel better, or will I just be putting myself through pain and discomfort only to have it come back? Is it ACTUALLY candida causing these problems in people’s lives, or is it just a misunderstoof culprit? Are there people out there who feel 100% better constantly and can claim so? Please rain your expertise down upon me!

Thank you so much, I’ll be stalking this post for replies. 🙂

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

August wrote: I believe I have a candida overgrowth, from the symptoms I’ve researched. My tongue has warning signs and, a lot of the time, I simply feel unwell. I’m a 24 year old male who experiences “hot flash” like episodes, stomach issues, chronic fatigue- etc… I don’t drink often at all, but last year I had to take 4-6 courses of antibiotics for sinus infections, stomach issue- etc… which I think could have been quite bad for having a candida overgrowth.

My concerns is that, if this is such a well documented phenomenon on all of the websites I’ve visited, and so many over the counter suppliments have been made for this, then why does the medical community (doctors) seem to be so clueless about this horrible and crippling intruder which seems to easy to spot in any blood test?

I’m about to start a treatment program (actually the one outlined on this website, by following all of the rules) but it makes me SO nervous that so many people are experiencing horrible, horrible die-off symptoms. All of the posts I see are “when will this end?” and “I can only hope that one day I’ll be candida free”, but I don’t see any “I beat it! I’m cured, everything is perfect I feel WONDERFUL!”. It makes me nervous to think that perhaps candida levels are naturally high in our bodies and we shouldn’t tamper with killing them and releasing the toxins into our body.

Could someone, or everyone, please quiet my fears? If I follow the diet EXACTLY and take the suppliments and detox as it says, will I actually feel better, or will I just be putting myself through pain and discomfort only to have it come back? Is it ACTUALLY candida causing these problems in people’s lives, or is it just a misunderstoof culprit? Are there people out there who feel 100% better constantly and can claim so? Please rain your expertise down upon me!

Thank you so much, I’ll be stalking this post for replies. 🙂

You have come to the right place. You and I sound much the same in our journey. However, I had one (not even a full does) round of antibiotics that gave me oral thrush. Dr didn’t know quite what to do. Gave me nystatin and on my way. Then I found this amazing web site. I started the diet…only to find out that Able and Raster have made a diet similar to the one found on the website but stricter. Ask Able900 for diet. The other diet on web site allows food that feeds the beast.

Once you have the correct diet follow the protocal. That is the key. Every time I stray off I get a reaction in my mouth. The die off varies for everyone but make sure your taking the supplements they suggest prior to starting the diet thus the die off will not be so bad.

I can tell you the way you feel when you come out of this is sooooooo much better than where you are. You will forget about the die off as I forgot about the child labor soon after. It gets so much better. I don’t think I’m healed but my life is so much better. I have energy, I can communicate with other. I had such bad brain fog etc. It is so worth every step of the battle. You will find many here who can’t cope, they talk about the die off and then we don’t hear from them. They get better and don’t need help so off they go. Sometimes they come back and share their success stories.

Hang in there. You will be so thankful in the end.

I’m 95% there and life is soo much better than it was in October 🙂

August
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your prompt feedback. 🙂 This makes me feel a bit better. Though, in your experience, is candida overgrowth something that some people are more susceptible to than others?

You mentioned that if you stray from the diet, you notice a reaction quite quickly. This isn’t something I hope to be on my entire life, though I do plan to take my health seriously. My hope is that, once I go through a course of the diet, or whichever diet is best, my levels will balance out and everything after that will simply be maintenance for keeping a healthy diet and healthy levels of probiotics and candida. Is that a reasonable hope?

The reason I ask is because I know people who can eat anything (and do), without any weight gain issues OR health issues (such as candida overgrowth).

I’m just worried that this is something which will jail me my entire life, and I won’t be able to enjoy coffee sweatened with cream and sugar, or sushi (rice), or ice cream-etc…

Also, I will message that person to request the better diet- thank you. 🙂

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I’m just worried that this is something which will jail me my entire life, and I won’t be able to enjoy coffee sweatened with cream and sugar, or sushi (rice), or ice cream-etc

I felt the exact same way as you do. However, as time goes by and you learn the diet and you get to add a bit here and a bit there you will find the diet is not so bad. At first it was hard I have to admit. I missed grabbing food on the go and just being able to eat what I wanted.

I didn’t want to give up coffey or tea with honey.

Now I don’t miss it at all. I had a lot of “Poor me” moments. But now after 8 months I feel great.

I now boil 12 eggs at once. I peel them all and put in a container. When I’m going out I throw two in a lunch bag with a pack of ice and I’m good to go. I cut up cucumbers and peppers and put them in a baggie and snack all day on those. Greek yogurt (I hated) became my friend because I could take a small one with me for lunch. However my best friend became kefir. I never knew what it was and now I love it and know it has such healing power. I thought I would miss rice and potatoes..now I really don’t. I eat amazing stir fries. I use araw coconut aminosthat taste just like soy sauce and I love that. I drink coconut milk, I drink hot lemon water like crazy and miss it when I don’t have it in the morning. I love lemon or lime water…never thought I would. It is all a matter of getting use to the diet. I loved my treats. I made homemade cinnamon rolls…kind of famous for them. Make yeast breads weekly for the family. But I don’t touch any of it. We learn to change the way live and our bodies adapt. I also found coconut ice cream..but did not buy it yet…it has 3 grams of sugar I think. So there is hope..we just have to be patient.

My son whipped up blueberries, lime juice and ice for me the other day when it was 100 degrees. It was awesome. I would have never had that before.

You will do fine. It will take time for your brain to adjust. My only setbacks have been under stress when I turned to food to deal with what was going on in my life…then I have had bad reactions.

You mentioned that if you stray from the diet, you notice a reaction quite quickly. This isn’t something I hope to be on my entire life, though I do plan to take my health seriously. My hope is that, once I go through a course of the diet, or whichever diet is best, my levels will balance out and everything after that will simply be maintenance for keeping a healthy diet and healthy levels of probiotics and candida. Is that a reasonable hope?

I can’t answer that. Some folks come here. Stick to the diet and go away…so I’m assuming they are healed. Others like Able900 and Raster have stuck around to give others like me help and advice. If you stick to the diet and do what they suggest I believe the odds are in your favor.

Best of luck. Don’t stray. When I did that is when I paid dearly for it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello August,

Here’s the forum protocol we developed for a good general plan to heal and get better:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

The die-off part is very debilitating, but if you do things correctly, you shouldn’t experience any or very low amounts of die-off. The goal is to not get die-off but still feel better. Most of us have a rather severe case of overgrowth, so its hard to avoid die-off.

We don’t recommend a variety of things from the website on the forum; the website promotes food items such as rice, carrots, fruit, nuts, seeds, etc. These can really set back your recovery if you eat them in too large of amounts or you are in a very susceptible state. A lot of people have severe leaky gut (holes in their intestines) and can barely cope with almost any food item. For instance, if I were to follow the website’s food list the whole time, I would not feel nearly as good as I do today because it just isn’t good enough for healing the gut.

Another problem with the website is it promotoes the psyllium and clay cleanse which we don’t recommmend. We’ve developed an alternative cleanse if you are interested.

Here are some important posts on a variety of topics:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9960_Index-of-Posts.aspx#post9960

If you take the correct supplements, you can heal your gut and get to a nearly healthy state within the next year. It takes a very long time to heal but eventually you should be able to enjoy unhealthy food items every now and then. After my latest experience (cheating badly for a week straight on my honeymoon), you may feel symptom free and cheat a whole bunch and some candida symptoms can return rather quickly. It’s all about finding a balance between good and bad later on and its a very tricky balancing act from my experience (because you’ll want to splurge).

It’s a major struggle, but you should be able to get over most of your symptoms as long as you stay focused on the path ahead of you.

-raster

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

raster wrote: After my latest experience (cheating badly for a week straight on my honeymoon), you may feel symptom free and cheat a whole bunch and some candida symptoms can return rather quickly. It’s all about finding a balance between good and bad later on and its a very tricky balancing act from my experience (because you’ll want to splurge).

It’s a major struggle, but you should be able to get over most of your symptoms as long as you stay focused on the path ahead of you.

-raster

You mind me asking a little bit more about your week long experience cheating? IE, where is your health at relative to where you were BEFORE the honeymoon? (Last time I cheated it put me back quite some time and it was for 2 weeks).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nervous and skeptical- please help!’ is closed to new replies.