Negative reaction from oats

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Negative reaction from oats

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

JediMindTricks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hey guys.

I had some gluten free oats for breakfast today and I’ve had a negative reaction. 5-10 mins after eating my anxiety increased and my vision deteriorated.

Are oats a common problem for people? Any ideas as to why I’ve had this reaction?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You likely have leaky gut and the food is passing in the holes in your intestinal walls. You could also have high histamine levels which needs to be reduced with vitamin C.

You need to reduce the inflammation in order for leaky gut to heal and a great way to do this is to eat anti-inflammatory foods and supplements such as fermented cod liver oil.

Oats can be a common problem for some people. I would move on to buckwheat next if possible.

-raster

JediMindTricks

Cheers raster.

When I went to the gastroenterologist he poked around my stomach and my intestines were very sore. He said they were inflamed.

I bought buckwheat and rice porridge (have had any yet). Should I get buckwheat on it’s own or do you think this is okay?

raster
    Participant

So is the buckwheat mixed together with the rice porridge? If so, this could be problematic if you react to it because you won’t know whether its the rice or the buckwheat that caused the reaction.

Buckwheat comes in three forms, the flour (used for baking), the cream of buckwheat (sorta like oatmeal), and groats (basically like rice in texture). If you are looking for a good breakfast item, the cream of buckwheat might be the best way to go.

I’d focus on reducing the inflammation as much as possible and eat some anti-inflammatory foods (do some research on this). Most veggies are anti-inflammatory, pumpkin, spinach, green tea, salmon, broccoli, etc. are all anti-inflammatory.

You might want to do a multi-pronged approach. Kill the yeast with the antifungals, reduce the inflammation, and heal the gut (with leaky gut supplements such as L-glutamine, enzymes or bitters, prebiotics, etc…I can give more examples) all at the same time.

This website is a good way to research whether something is inflammatory or not:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/

-raster

JediMindTricks

Yeah it’s mixed together. I’ll get some on it’s own.

Well I just had real bad diarrhea (basically water instead of my usual loose movement), It’s been 6 hours since I ate the oats, In a way I’m glad as it’s more proof that I have a stomach problem.

I’ve already had a consultation with a gastroenterologist, would it be wise to continue with all the tests he wants to do? Can they diagnose leaky gut or will it not show up in an endoscopy?

raster
    Participant

You can diagnose leaky gut if you are allergic to like 50+ different food items. No one should be allergic to that many food items, especially if you were never allergic to these food items before.

I don’t know what kind of tests he is doing and what it costs, but its up to you basically.

-raster

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Even though I feel pretty much cured of my candida, I stick to a strict diet, but I get away with gluten free pasta, rice everyday, beans, red and sweet potatoes. However, I do have oats and I still get pretty mucousy even eating a tiny bit of oats. I m getting tested next week to see how sensitive I have to them. Its still my leaky gut that is the problem. Last week I tested postive to the whole cabbage family. Cauliflower, brocolli, brussel sprouts and kale. It sucks but sometimes those food are hard to digest anyway. I stick to spinach, salads, and butternut squash. Good luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Negative reaction from oats’ is closed to new replies.