Need some help, Vitamic C and saccharose.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Need some help, Vitamic C and saccharose.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny29 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Johnny29
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hello there, I just went to the drug store and bough vitamin C tablets for my immune system so I can boost it against my fight with candida. Each capsule has 500mg of vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
    But here comes the problem. When I read the ingredients after I purchased them, I saw it had saccharose (Sucrose) and cornstarch.. as helping ingredients. I was wondering if its ok to consume 1 pill a day, thinking that the saccharose and cornstarch are such low in quantity that they wont affect my diet. Im disappointed that I spent this money and there is a likelihood I wont be able to take these pills. Will the benefit from the vitamin C be more than the setback of saccharose and cornstarch, or are they in a very small quantity in the first place to do any harm.

I would please like to hear some of your thoughts on this, if its ok to take these pills.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would return it and get some different vitamins. One other problem with most vitamin C products is that they are derived from GMO corn.

-raster

Johnny29

Problem is that I cant return them in this particular drug store… So will it have a impact on my diet?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How much did you spend on the bottle? If its cheap I would just throw it away personally. If you spent over $10 on it then I would maybe consume it. The whole bottle is going to have like 2 spoonfuls of of sugar and 2 spoonfuls of cornstarch total.

If you want a good vitamin C, I recommend ester-C.

-raster

Johnny29

Its in the form of pills. 30 pills once a day. I spent 12$ 😀 I really dont think it will harm me but I wanted some advice on weather it will drastically set me back on my diet.

– Plus I think the Cornstarch is used for the creation of the capsule cover, if you get what I mean. I seriously doubt that these capsules (pills) have that much significant sugar.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Johnny29;48549 wrote: – Plus I think the Cornstarch is used for the creation of the capsule cover, if you get what I mean. I seriously doubt that these capsules (pills) have that much significant sugar.

Whether or not you take the vitamin C is completely up to you. I can tell you’re wanting one of us to tell you that it’s just fine and to go ahead and take it, but the truth is we have no way of knowing how it will or will not affect you. If you think you have adrenal fatigue and problems with your immune system, which most Candida sufferers have, I’m sending you a link via private message on the forum which covers these problems.

Sean

Johnny29

Thank you, I really just wanted a definitive answer to tell me that someone has had a bad experience with these sorts of things, so there is no doubt in my mind. Thanks for the reply.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need some help, Vitamic C and saccharose.’ is closed to new replies.