Need some advice (possible flare-up or major die-off)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Need some advice (possible flare-up or major die-off)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  henrydavidthoreau 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

henrydavidthoreau
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello fellow candida-sufferers, I have a question regarding if I just set myself back a few steps or if Im making some progress (finally)..

I started antifungals about 4 weeks ago after being on a strict very low carb/no gluten/ no dairy (no bread,rice,pasta etc for a year), only eating veggies and going through a LONG period of elimination of other products that made me react (probably due to histamine intolerance and/or leaky gut), these include eggs,all types of nuts, tomatoes, kefir, legumes and the list goes on..
    The major and frankly the only symptoms (I care about)are acne/roscea related along with dizziness when I wake up in the morning and get out of bed, whenever I eat a food I react to (simple carbs or any of the mentioned products) i flare up, feel very warm and swollen in my face, lightheadedness, and the following days I would get new cystic pimples.
    During the elimination process all these symptoms improved drastically ALTHOUGH I would get a setback usually after 3-4 weeks, then I would start all over again removing a certain product.

I’ve come to the point where I no longer break out due to food (which im happy about), and shortly after I started taking antifungals to remove candida overgrowth. I started off with GSE along with wild oregano extract, the first days I noticed some minor die-off symptoms (very fatigued, lightheadedness, etc). I took this for 2 weeks and moved on to olive oil extract (225mgx3 3x a day) along with some colloidal silver.
    Around this period I started getting very bloated and my appetite was very supressed, some days I could go without eating at all (although drinking atleast 3-4L of water), and I was very constipated. I started taking a detox-fiber drink which contained bentonite clay, that was very successful, during a 3-4 day period I had 4-5 bm’s a day. However 3 days ago I noticed that my rectum was blocked by some very hard stool (sorry if this is tmi) so I had to go to the doctors since I was extremely bloated and couldnt eat, I was given a laxative that was to be inserted into the rectum, after 2 days of treatment I felt like the blockage was gone (huge bowel movements, sorry), my appetite was coming back fast since I had literally not been able to eat more than 1k calories a day for 3-4 days. A few hours after this blockage removal I noticed flu-like symptoms, very sore throat, cold, runny nose etc, I thought i was getting ill, however the next day 90% of the symptoms were gone, but I did wake up with 2 red bumps on my face (first time in 2 months), is this a die-off sign or have I set myself back somehow? I feel very energetic now as if I never had the flu-symptoms.
    Also is it possible that it’s something other than candida that is causing my acne/roscea/constipation whenever eating the food im reacting to?

My supplements are:
    Multivitamin 1x
    C-vitamin 4000mg
    Milk thistle x2
    Calcium 1000mg
    vit d 25mg
    vit e 800mg
    vit a 10000 UI
    zinc 50mg
    magnesium 700mg-1000mg
    MSM + biotin
    Betaine HCL 5g

my current antifungals are
    colloidal silver
    olive leaf extract

I drink plenty of water, only eat steamed green vegtables along with lamb, only use high quality unrefined sea salt.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated, most doctors here in Sweden havnt heard about candida and will try to put me on more antibiotics, which has left me feeling pretty lonely.

CiproSucks
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 22

Hi Henry. Sounds like you’re doing a lot of the right things, although I’m concerned when you say you only eat lamb with steamed vegetables. That is too strict and limited a diet. Have you experienced any symptoms such as headaches, dry mouth, oral thrush, muscle/joint pain? I’m not an expert at this stuff, but one piece of advice I would give you is to start a Sweden Candida Support Group at Facebook. I can assure you that you’re not the only Candida sufferer in Sweden, and the exchange of information, doctor referrals, etc, would be valuable to you and others in Sweden.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would stop with the bentonite clay because this can cause chronic constipation as you can tell.

If your digestion becomes sluggish then this will benefit the bad bugs in the body. This is also hard on your liver which detoxes the toxins that are produced by these bugs.

I would consider trying out some herbal teas (such as chamomile) to help regulate your digestion.

Once your digestion improves and you can detox better via the liver, then you should start to feel pretty good hopefully.

-raster

henrydavidthoreau
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

raster;48905 wrote: I would stop with the bentonite clay because this can cause chronic constipation as you can tell.

If your digestion becomes sluggish then this will benefit the bad bugs in the body. This is also hard on your liver which detoxes the toxins that are produced by these bugs.

I would consider trying out some herbal teas (such as chamomile) to help regulate your digestion.

Once your digestion improves and you can detox better via the liver, then you should start to feel pretty good hopefully.

-raster

bentonite clay was actually the one thing that would aid my digestion or bowel movements, I would have 5 BM’s a day for 3-4 days after starting it. However now im experiencing what i think are swollen adrenal glands, is this a “for sure” die off symptom that my body is detoxing itself from some sort of invader? I picked up the recommended probiotic with DDS-1 and will introduce it when my die-off symptoms subside.

Does anyone know what reactions I might have against these probiotics if I have SIBO?

Digestion overall has improved alot and I no longer feel like the food “sits” and ferments after I started with bentonite clay&cleaned my colon,will give this a few more weeks and if symptoms dont get any better I guess ill have to visit another doctor, since I dont really know for sure if it’s not SIBO, since i bloat very easily after eating and ingesting anti-fungals/bacterials. Its a tricky ride for sure, thanks for the responses.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Need some advice (possible flare-up or major die-off)’ is closed to new replies.