Need Help on My Birthday :/

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Need Help on My Birthday :/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  [email protected] 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

[email protected]
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I’m turning 21 on the 29th of this month. I am going to my grandma’s house and she said there is going to be cake, but I know I can’t have cake on this Candida Diet my gyna recommended to me.

I’m afraid of getting crazy stares from everyone if I said “No thank you!”.

I really wanna say “No thank you!” because I don’t wanna ruin 5 months of progress!

Help?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well if you take the right supplements, you should have very little or no drawback at all after eating the cake. The key is to get the food to digest before if ferments in the gut and benefits the yeast. A variety of digestive aid supplements can help break down the food you eat and thus it isn’t as much of a problem.

Also, since birthday is over a week away, you could simply ask grandma to make a gluten free cake with low glycemic ingredients (such as agave syrup, maple syrup, cane juice, etc. and flours such as almond meal, coconut flour, hazelnut flour, brown rice flour, buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, etc.) If you are creative or do your research, you can find great substitute recipes for traditional wheat based flours and it still tastes just as good.

-raster

[email protected]
    Participant

hm. okay thanks

chrisluketaylor
    Participant
    Replies: 23

I use ground almond or desiccated coconut when I bake with honey instead of sugar and flour – although nectar might be better but more pricier.

Nut butters are a real treat too if used for icing, and you can buy stevia sweetened chocolate from most health shops aswell.

There are plenty of options to make a good cake but without the high GI or high glycemic load normally associated with it.

Just by involving nuts in the recipe will reduce the GI level significantly. It depends how far you wanna go (and if anyone else is allergic to nuts).

BTW steer clear of peanut butter, it can contain molds that can trigger CRC.

[email protected]
    Participant

I see. I already told my grannie no cake and she was pretty cool with it haha.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Need Help on My Birthday :/’ is closed to new replies.